Wight King options

TheAntsAreBack

I am sat at my hobby desk with a pair of clippers in hand about to snip the sword off the Wight model to replace it with an axe.  However, perhaps I'm missing something on first reading of the warscrolls. The Black Axe option seems straight-out better than the sword but could anyone advise before I get stuck in with the clippers please? 

Tricky choice, if your up against high damage opponents the barrow armor can work (still not great...). Together with the axe and its 6+ slaying rule you have a decent hero killer. Who lost his horse on the way to battle...

the sword guy has the better save, rides a horse and at a wound roll of 6+ does d3 dmg, which might work better against 2hp enemies and for sure against 1hp models.

I personally prefer sword dude, but I field Krell wrath of the 90s

• Like 2

I use the wight king with the deathrattle and I prefer to put in the steed to make it faster and impro the range of abilities. The axe is great, but the problem is making it survive afainst the opponent. Tgere is a object that could help,  but being on foot it would mess it anyway.

Add that I have a personalized steed  I prefer tje rider one on the foot one

Armour and axe are nice but 12” move and a 2+ save in cover are far too good to miss.

Wight Kings are hot garbage though, let’s be fair. Look at a Bloodwrack Medusae or a Doombull or even a Freeguild general and marvel at how he seems to be about 40 points more expensive than he should be.

Edited by ianob
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ianob said:

marvel at how he seems to be about 40 points more expensive than he should be.

Since I‘m a non-native speaker I marveled and disagreed, then I revised my translation and suddenly I asked myself 140 for a Medusa ?!? Was there a huge garage sale after they cut slaanesh open ?!

Might as well get a second king with my first one...

7 hours ago, Honk said:

Since I‘m a non-native speaker I marveled and disagreed, then I revised my translation and suddenly I asked myself 140 for a Medusa ?!? Was there a huge garage sale after they cut slaanesh open ?!

Might as well get a second king with my first one...

Insane isn’t it. Absolutely insane. 

• Haha 1