Legends for Orcs and Goblins - Why Did they Do this?

GorbadIronClaw

Sorry if it was talked before, I can´t find anything related to, so to my point:

The recently released "Heroes" PDF on Legends...  is insulting to a classic orc player.  All factions have almost all (if not all ) their heroes fairly empowered compared to their previous Compendium versions, but classic O&G characters remains practically the same or have even been nerfed. 

After see what they did on DE, I was really hoping to see some love and balance to all other factions, my greenskins included, but instead, what we have got is a comeback to WH Fantasy, where the favourite children were always shinning on a different level.

I´m not trying to be offensive to any other faction´s player, but GW really failed (again) when it comes to O&G.

What a dissapoinment.

Legends isn't the main mode of the game so its only a side project not the primary focus of the games balance. It's there as an option to let you use legacy armies but its not really the intended balanced structure of the core game. So its going to have over and underpowered stuff and likely not be fixed up often if at all. It's nice that GW is doing it, esp after htey destroyed the old world; but as time keeps marching on I'd expect it to dwindle - esp once GW releases more characters and units for AoS that are likely similar enough to old ones to let you use old models as them with ease.

Yes, I know is an option that you can or can not use. That is not the point I try to spot on. 

What I´m saying is, look for instance Gorbad Ironclaw´s or Grimgor Ironhide´s warscroll on Compendium, and then look the Legend ones, and then  repeat the operation with the Tyrion´s or Malekith´s ones. As you could see, in the Compendium warscrolls, the difference between the characters power levels were less abysmal than on the Legends ones. That is what I mean. The compendium profiles were more balanced between faction´s characters. What they have done is practically repeat the OP status of some factions that we very well know WH Fantasy had, and taking into account there is no points value in this system, things are even worse, in my opinion, an stepback on playability. Repeating past mistakes is not the path to follow . If someone wants to play weak ass o&g against all mighty elfs, we already have the WH Fantasy profiles and rules system, we didn´t need these "Legends" option for that matter... 

Other than agreeing that they probably aren't really paying significant attention to it (it could even be someone doing it on their own time rather than being paid), all I can say is you could always house rule this stuff? Unless there is a Warhammer Legends tournament going around, I would think warhammer legends as more of a guidelines and a "play with friends" kind of game.

Now if I'm wrong and there is a significant "matched play" style of warhammer legends games going on in your area, then maybe chat around with the regulars and see if you can cook up better local rules.

And well...theres always 9th age for oldhammer stuff!

On 9/24/2018 at 2:15 PM, Overread said:

Legends isn't the main mode of the game so its only a side project not the primary focus of the games balance. It's there as an option to let you use legacy armies but its not really the intended balanced structure of the core game. So its going to have over and underpowered stuff and likely not be fixed up often if at all. It's nice that GW is doing it, esp after htey destroyed the old world; but as time keeps marching on I'd expect it to dwindle - esp once GW releases more characters and units for AoS that are likely similar enough to old ones to let you use old models as them with ease.

100% this.

Personally, I think if you aren't happy with what they have done, you can always do your own Warscrolls. Legends is all for doing narrative play or using your classic models. I suspect when they came up with the Legend Warscrolls, they tried to keep it fairly simple and close to what they used to be when AOS first came out. I would rather they spend more time on the new stuff than on the old stuff ;) 

Archived