Troggoth List?

T e e t h p a s t e

It's fine posting a new topic but please search before hand as you may find your answers. Here's some other posts about it.

I'm not trying to be mean!

Happy Hagging!?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On 9/23/2018 at 8:24 AM, Malakree said:

You would have to use grots as your battleline.

That said the hag is a really good hero so a grot+troggoth list is very doable.

I’ll be that nit-picker that says you don’t have to use grots as battle line.  You just need to use whatever battleline units that you prefer - but sadly there are no troggpth options to go with.

• 2 weeks later...

Been working on a troll list as a side project for a while. its led by a megaboss for bellowing tyrant / bravery 8 fellwater trolls. ethereal arachnarok with cogs as a tanky spellcaster in the realms, 2 grots blobs for net-guarding the trolls, 2x3 troll units as well inside the grot blobs. fanatics too. 

56 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

Been working on a troll list as a side project for a while. its led by a megaboss for bellowing tyrant / bravery 8 fellwater trolls. ethereal arachnarok with cogs as a tanky spellcaster in the realms, 2 grots blobs for net-guarding the trolls, 2x3 troll units as well inside the grot blobs. fanatics too. 

No hag? That would be one of my big reasons to go for a troggoth themed list.

I like the idea of basically a gutbuster "Cult of the Troll" style army. A tribe of ogres discovers a troll hag in a deep cave and are pressed into service/worship.  A couple of big blocks of ogres with a Troll hag. From there, you could add in more trolls, butchers, goblin shamans, etc, to taste. I especially like the imagery of two butchers dragging cauldrons alongside to keep the troops fed.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

On 10/6/2018 at 5:12 PM, Domowoj said:

I like the idea of basically a gutbuster "Cult of the Troll" style army. A tribe of ogres discovers a troll hag in a deep cave and are pressed into service/worship.  A couple of big blocks of ogres with a Troll hag. From there, you could add in more trolls, butchers, goblin shamans, etc, to taste. I especially like the imagery of two butchers dragging cauldrons alongside to keep the troops fed.

If you use the right artefacts and such, it could be competitive as well as fluffy!

• Like 1