Flesh Eater Courts and the Big Monsters

SorryLizard

Hi,

I am looking at the different army options out there and really like the backstory for the Flesh Eaters as well as the constant cycle of bringing them back to life every turn, endlessly satisfyingly.

However I do not like having the big monsters like Dragons in my armies as I just do NOT have a way to store or transport them safely in my current living arrangement (and no, that won't be changing anytime soon and no cabinets are not an options and no a big carrying case is not an option as there's not room for that either...).

From a semi-competitive point of view, is it hamstringing myself to not bring the Terrorgheist/Zombie Dragon with or without King on top?

Or can you get away with just ghouls, ghast, courtiers, crypt horrors, etc.?

I would always reccomend a GK on mount purely for majestic horror and the extra free points it brings in, it feels like a waste not having one as the leader purely for this.

But you could explore a mass flayer deadwatch and infernal courtiers list or extreme massed ghoul patrols with plenty of courtiers and horrors backing it up. 

37 minutes ago, SorryLizard said:

Majestic horror? Is that in the battletome and not on the AoS app?

It’s a command trait which basically lets you summon twice in the same turn with the same ghoul king. (Yes, in the battletome).

It means you can get 2x3 horrors/Flayers for free, turn 1, if you take a gk on terrogheist for example. This, coupled with the fact that the large mounts are your beat sticks, ramps up the challenge if you don’t take. However, without them I’d go for ghoul hordes with foot-slogging kings and courtiers, as suggested by @Moogypies

24 minutes ago, SorryLizard said:

Did they change the Royal Family Battalion? Or does Majestic Horror plus that give you 2 Ghoul Kings for 1 command point, another artifact and a free command point for 150pts?

It does, however it also requires the Dragon as a requirement of the battalion IIRC. Thus doesn't fit the no dragon needs :(

Short Answer: No.

The army is playable without a GK on mount, but hot damn you lose out on two unique spells and two command abilities that summon relevant units in for free. Is there no way you could magnetize one?

I think you'd need to commit to a niche battalion like Deathwatch or Abbatoir. I run Haunter Courtier as a general in my Abbatoir army, and even though the battalion is good, I still bring two monsters to do heavy lifting. Unless if you wanna paint dozens of flayers/horrors you need a monster.

16 hours ago, Rekmeister said:

Short Answer: No.

The army is playable without a GK on mount, but hot damn you lose out on two unique spells and two command abilities that summon relevant units in for free. Is there no way you could magnetize one?

I think you'd need to commit to a niche battalion like Deathwatch or Abbatoir. I run Haunter Courtier as a general in my Abbatoir army, and even though the battalion is good, I still bring two monsters to do heavy lifting. Unless if you wanna paint dozens of flayers/horrors you need a monster.

Hmmmm, that's a shame. I'll keep looking then, see what my options are.

Archived