Pestigors in a Nurgle army

TheAntsAreBack

I think I remember someone from the Warhammer Community team saying that there would be a way of putting the mark off Nurgle on a unit of beastmen in the new Beasts of Chaos book without having to take the whole battalion. 

I've got the book in front of me and I can't find an option anywhere. Can anyone confirm or otherwise whether it's possible? Cheers. 

No, using the battalion doesn't make them allies as they got the Nurgle keyword. The conceptors clearly stated this on Stream, even if I'm not sure if it's right rulewise or a specific loophole (we need to wait the FAQ I guess).
But I agree with you, paying the battalion tax + the minimal units points is expensive.

7 hours ago, TheAntsAreBack said:

I'm thinking of the Nighthaunt battalions that can be taken in a Legions of Nagash army. They have to be taken as allies even though they gain the appropriate keyword. Perhaps this will be different? 

According to the rules, the battalions are allies. We've been promised an FAQ making them not allies. 

3 hours ago, Baron Wastelands said:

Have just raised a similar point in BoC thread about the khorne one, then saw this. I think all it would take is for the relevant battalion to have dual allegiance, e.g. BEASTS OF CHAOS, NURGLE (above the name); in which case it’s slightly odd they didn’t do so.

Agreed. I was surprised that wasn't how they dealt with it.

Archived