"Attack Phase Ends" and wound interactions

Nos

Question

"Attack phase ends"

For units such as VG Raptors or the Ordinator's Comet Strike it states that following the roll of an unmodified 6 X Mortal words are inflicted and "the attacking phase ends".

Due to the sloppiness of the rules there is nowhere which actually states what the "Attacking Phase" is. There are approximations of it but nothing exact. Given that, are people's feeling that, given wounds pertaining to combat and shooting are allocated in the attacking section of the rules, the "end of the attacking phase" means there are no rolls for Wound Saving traits i.e. DR or DM because wounds were not strictly allocated as per the requirements of the attacking section, or would the rules allowing you to negate a wound override the ending of the attacking phase? 

Is there an FAQ I've missed on this? 

2 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Nos said:

"Attack phase ends"

For units such as VG Raptors or the Ordinator's Comet Strike it states that following the roll of an unmodified 6 X Mortal words are inflicted and "the attacking phase ends".

Due to the sloppiness of the rules there is nowhere which actually states what the "Attacking Phase" is. There are approximations of it but nothing exact. Given that, are people's feeling that, given wounds pertaining to combat and shooting are allocated in the attacking section of the rules, the "end of the attacking phase" means there are no rolls for Wound Saving traits i.e. DR or DM because wounds were not strictly allocated as per the requirements of the attacking section, or would the rules allowing you to negate a wound override the ending of the attacking phase? 

Is there an FAQ I've missed on this? 

On the app, it's "sequence", not "phase". So you just inflict MW instead of resolving wounds normally (wound and save) and MW abilities trigger.

Archived