A Giant problem..

Grendel

On 9/20/2018 at 9:23 AM, sal4m4nd3r said:

If you are lucky enough to have a war mammoth from forge world, or your group lets your scratch build... the warscroll is absolutely ****** insane for 320 points. 

Mierce Minis actually makes a very chaos-esque looking mammoth that is almost as big as the old FW model as an alternative option. Just would need to convert up a howdah: http://mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_dkl_fmr_blr_mbs_701_000

One thing that does bug me about the warscroll for the Mammoth though is that the chaos lord on the throne isn't taken into account at all in the rules. This is supposed to be some grand ruler of marauders on top of his mighty beast and he doesn't even get attacks, let alone any sort of leadership. I'd have preferred the mammoth be 400pts with some attacks from the chaos lord, maybe the hero keyword, def a command ability. Alas though, its still good value for the pts. 

• Like 1

On 9/20/2018 at 1:52 PM, Grendel said:

I'd really like to ally in a Giant (Gargant?) into my Chaos force.

The bog standard giant seems pretty good,  does anyone use one often?

And are the other two worth trying?

Curs'd Ettin or Siege Gargant?

Ive played the normal giant a couple of times. It’s a great distraction as it’s very ‘hitty’ in potential. But to be honest the actual damage output wasn’t amazing in my games.

Still useful though! Just not amazing. If you like the model I would definitely paint it and field it a couple of times.