Conversion Project Help.

Ravinsild

Anyone know the most compatible Stormcast Eternals for the Grave Guard 2-handed weapons? 

I want to make a unit of elite Grave Guard conversions with some Raven Guard (from 40k) color scheme and decals for my Legion of Night because their ambush ability reminds me of strike from Shadows. 

Looking to make Skeletal SCE for this purpose...since they have the nickname Sigmarines. 

I'm pretty sure GG two handed weapons are the same size as SE 1 handed weapons... very different scale between them. 

At one point i was going to use Sisters of Silence models for some GG conversions. I think they're more in line scale wise. 

Of course you'd have to be ok with an all female unit. 

Saw the word conversion, had to come look

But yes as above the grave guard weapons are pretty tiny on a Stormcast scale, the stormcast are nearly twice the bulk of the graveguard and their normal weapons are massively hefty. That said you could always rough up a stormcast weapon to match what you want as opposed to trying to move the weapons from the graveguard across. I'm pretty sure you're never going to fit the SCE model onto the right base size for the Graveguard though as the wide stance makes anything below 40mm alot of effort.

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

You could look at orruk brute and khorne elites weapons? Should be closer to the right size and different enough to stand out. Less death-y though. 

Well as it turns out I play Ironjawz and Khorne mortals and have tons of bits laying around. I guess I just wanted to keep the skeleton hands.... and put a skeleton face on for the head. 

1 hour ago, Kronos said:

How about these guys with Grave Guard Heads and chais imagery shaved and filed away? could even have a Krell conversion in there too. Also included a mock up, not sure if the skull size would look like that exactly.

EF9FD4FF-2DDD-4F1C-95FD-EC9A1BA0AB15.jpeg

74A69FAF-32F9-4424-B8EA-BB438E2C1564.jpeg

That might work too. I just like the clean flat surface the SCE shoulders have for space marine transfers. Plus their armor is sort of space marine looking. Basically I’m running Legion of Night which has very similar gameplay tactics to Raven Guard, with a strong defensive bonus and the ability to ambush where you please, so I thought a cute little nod to the Raven Guard chapter using the closest thing to fantasy Marines would be fun. 

Of course I’ve seen a SCE sword and board conversion, but the sword and board version doesn’t make quite as good a hammer imo because their stats are 3/4/-1/1 instead of 3/3/-1/1 although they have a bit better defense versus ‘-‘ weapons. 

Archived