Gods of Aqshy and Chamon?

Wired4War

This seems like it should be an easy answer, but even the core book is vague on this topic. I've read many of the novels and books but I'm still a little confused. It seems the original Pantheon made by Sigmar was the gods of each wind of magic/mortal realm. It seems the simplest answer to Aqshy would be Grimnir and Chamon would be Grungni. It would also make sense given that in the End Times, both the winds of fire and metal ran blew away from Teclis toward the dwarven lands. I think  that a Dwarf named Ungrim had taken in the Winds of Fire during the End Times,  but a human mage Balthasar took in the Winds of Metal, right ? Anyone with more Lore knowledge than I know for sure how the realms and gods all fit together? Maybe I'm trying to simplify something that is more complicated than I think it should be.

Hysh - Tyrion and Teclis?

Azyr - Sigmar

Ghyran - Alarielle

Ghur - Gorkamorka

Ulgu - Malerion

Shyish- Nagash

Chamon ?

Aqshy?

I think you're right in saying Grimnir and Grungi.

Grungi is a bit more obvious given that the Duardin were based in Chamon and he was their primary god (for none Fyreslayers). However, he was hands off as a god so his actual impact in the realm is minor compared to other gods and now Tzeentch has a lot more power there.

Grimnir is a bit more complicated as he wasn't really in the pantheon for long. He went off to find another way to repay Sigmar and got shattered by Vulcatrix pretty early on. That means he made very little impact on the realm outside of the damage caused during the fight and the Ur-Gold found there. This means that Sigmar pantheon also didn't really have a fire god and thus Aqshy was likely looked over by himself/a collaborative effort.

Grimnir in Aqshy, going by the art and also Fyreslayers are mostly  from that realm. Grungi founded a city called iron Karak, now overrun with skaven. I believe Chamon is a realm stil totally lost, especially to Tzeentc, I magine someday far far away Chamon will get the Ghyran Treatment and see dispossed reclaim their realm...that is entirley wild wish.isting but would make for a good cental point for the Duardin Dispossed. I do miss the whole Norse Clan part of the Duardin. But from your list its just the pantheon Sigmar set up, each of the realms is populated, or was, with many many Gods, deities and beings. 

I do sometimes find it odd that sme old gods remained where as other are hero s which after the End Times Gensis achieved Godhood, (Nagash, Alarielle, Malerion, and the Twin-light Bros) Must say this second season does get a bit confusing sometimes, but also enriches the background vastly.

Minor spoilers for Tainted Heart

Spoiler

In Tainted Heart, some parts of Chamon have been settled by the Free Peoples. So it's not totally lost. There's an active witch hunter organization which operates in a culture that has a whole arabian/egyptian vibe to it.

One of the scenes describes a large city with a huge pyramid/temple complex dedicated to Sigmar. It also mentions smaller temple complexes dedicated to other gods. One of which is a river god (I forget his name) that I don't think has been mentioned anywhere else.

How that god survived the Age of Chaos is not described. Did he flee to Azyr and hang out with Sigmar? Did he hide in Chamon? Is he only a god worshipped within Chamon? Was he only the god of that particular river or is he the god of all rivers?

Whatever the answer to those questions are, it's appears that there are more (lesser?) gods within the Realms than just the big ones (Allarielle, Grungni, Grimnir, Sigmar, Nagash, etc.)

Minor spoilers for Soul Wars

Spoiler

Soul Wars also mentions that there is a constant creation of new Death Gods that Nagash keeps hunting down and consuming. I find myself wondering if that happens in any other Realms. Is Allarielle somehow merging with other life gods/goddesses that are constantly being created with Ghyran? I can't really see her consuming them like Nagash does. Maybe she's just the dominant/most powerful one, but there's a myriad of lesser Life gods and godesses that wax and wane in power.

And minor spoilers for Warbeast

Spoiler

Just to confuse matters more. There was mention of an "entity" in Warbeast that is revealed to be the Ice Queen of Kislev from the World that Was. She seemed a bit like a demigod that was on her last legs. If I recall correctly, the Ice Queen was affiliated with Celestial/Azyr magic, so would be a consideration for a God of Azyr (along with Sigmar).

On 9/19/2018 at 7:42 PM, kenshin620 said:

Plus there's the Legion of Azgorh thing (they hang around in Aqshy right?), though unfortunately FW fluff is like quasi canon at this point so not sure how much weight their presence holds on which gods are living there.

I think they've been mentioned passingly in novels as having build some of the keeps that chaos uses.

On 9/19/2018 at 12:37 AM, Wired4War said:

This seems like it should be an easy answer, but even the core book is vague on this topic. I've read many of the novels and books but I'm still a little confused. It seems the original Pantheon made by Sigmar was the gods of each wind of magic/mortal realm. It seems the simplest answer to Aqshy would be Grimnir and Chamon would be Grungni. It would also make sense given that in the End Times, both the winds of fire and metal ran blew away from Teclis toward the dwarven lands. I think  that a Dwarf named Ungrim had taken in the Winds of Fire during the End Times,  but a human mage Balthasar took in the Winds of Metal, right ? Anyone with more Lore knowledge than I know for sure how the realms and gods all fit together? Maybe I'm trying to simplify something that is more complicated than I think it should be.

Hysh - Tyrion and Teclis?

Azyr - Sigmar

Ghyran - Alarielle

Ghur - Gorkamorka

Ulgu - Malerion

Shyish- Nagash

Chamon ?

Aqshy?

Chamon, Aqshy no place-burrow is save from us-us.

Yes-yes, skaven are everywhere.

the horned rat will rise soon, and we will take-steal all city-burrows.

There can only be one (chaos) God.

fear the danger from Beneath.

4 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Chamon, Aqshy no place-burrow is save from us-us.

Yes-yes, skaven are everywhere.

the horned rat will rise soon, and we will take-steal all city-burrows.

There can only be one (chaos) God.

fear the danger from Beneath.

Well I should have seen that coming...

Archived