Demigryph knights are the best selling kit

Icegoat

Last Friday I was emailed by games workshop to say the demigryph knights were back in stock on the UK store. I needed them so immediately bought a box . Sunday evening they were already back out of stock? Are these GW most popular kit. I've never experienced anything go out of stock so quickly. When are they going to update free peoples for Aos. Seems crazy if they are that popular. 

It's entirely possible that kits are being kept low in stock in preparation for a new release later in the year. After seeing the Beasts of Chaos release, I could easily see a similar trick to do a "Free Guild" or "Cities of Sigmar" release that combines the Free People, Ironwield Arsenal and Collegiate back into a single army.

A combined human faction just has to happen; or two or three of them. At the very least they need one since the Realms have humans in abundance. 

As for stock that varies a lot; might be that GW sent a lot to 3rd parties and their own stores for resupply so without knowing how much they hold in stock its hard to say how good demand is. That said its a great kit and that there is still demand for it is a positive thing for human factions! 

On 9/18/2018 at 10:57 AM, Lucio said:

It's entirely possible that kits are being kept low in stock in preparation for a new release later in the year. After seeing the Beasts of Chaos release, I could easily see a similar trick to do a "Free Guild" or "Cities of Sigmar" release that combines the Free People, Ironwield Arsenal and Collegiate back into a single army.

The thought of Free People getting my Gyrocopters instead of the Dispossessed makes my heart hurt.

On 9/18/2018 at 8:56 AM, Icegoat said:

Last Friday I was emailed by games workshop to say the demigryph knights were back in stock on the UK store. I needed them so immediately bought a box . Sunday evening they were already back out of stock? Are these GW most popular kit. I've never experienced anything go out of stock so quickly. When are they going to update free peoples for Aos. Seems crazy if they are that popular. 

Did it come in a full art box or in a white box? Asking because I had a Luminark of Hysh I ordered a while ago that had just finished being out of stock in a similar manner.

It all depends on how much stock was added. I think sometimes GW shifts some stock around from region to region when something is sold out locally, but it's usually not much. The Cauldron of Blood kit has been sold out for long periods this year in the US, and I've seen it come back into stock several times only to sell out again in days of not hours. It's currently out of stock again. As far as I know it's never been out of stock in the UK. My best guess is that each time it restocks it's just a few kits arriving in the US from somewhere else, which of course causes them to sell out quickly. 

It's also possible that GW is generally maxed out on production but can occasionally squeeze out a small supply of out of stock kits. 

Archived