Quick Question about Rules Locations

Akempist

I've been getting back into the game after a year away and trying to wrap my head around where everything is now.  It seems like the pdf warscroll rules on GW's website are (in many cases anyway) still version 1 of AoS.  So am I correct in thinking that the definitive (up-to-date with version 2) warscrolls are available only on the AoS App?  Are there any written/published versions of the new warscrolls?

Thanks for the help!

And also....

I have a Blades of Khorne digital book from a year ago which is from version 1 of AoS.  Are those rules now invalid with the release of v.2?  If so, is there a place where you can find specific army rules then for factions like Blades of Khorne?  (Allegiance rules, artefacts, etc.)   And finally, what about older style factions like Slaves to Darkness which, as far as I know, have never received an specific faction book.  Do those factions have special rules available somewhere?

Thanks again

Hiya,

Any warscrolls created for the previous edition are completely compatible with the new one.  So your Blades of Khorne book will work in the same way, but with a couple of tweaks that you'll find in the Generals Handbook (being able to summon daemon units).

As a general rule of thumb, the AoS App has the fully errata'd warscroll - however in a lot of cases this is the same as the PDF version (though not all).

Allegiance abilities & artefacts only appear in the relevant Battletome or the Generals Handbook.  In some cases such as Slaves to Darkness there aren't any special allegiance abilities or artefacts available.  There are a collection of "Realm" artefacts that appear in the Malign Sorcery expansion which any army can pick (you select a realm for the army and can pick from the table).

Archived