Battleplan Strategies (Triumphs)

Yeah i was thinking the same. Note that you can't even summon up the differences as you must declare the reinforcement points your gonna use. I know some armies like my zombie army wounding and hitting on a 2+ with no save can't take any advantage of this. 

Yeah this will become an important part of list design I think. Do you:

A. Maximise points and leave none spare

B. Leave 10 points spare to ensure you get the triumph over those in catagory A but still making the most of the points. 

C. Leave 20-50 points spare to ensure you get the triumph over those in catagory A and B.

D. Leave 50+ Points to ensure you get the triumph almost every time.

Hey,

I actually really like the Triumph table for matched play. I've heard a few people just outright say "it won't be used in Tournaments" - Why?!

I see no reason not to use it personally and as stated above does and another element to list building. My current Ironjawz builds are all coming in dead on 2,000pts, so it's just something I will have to suck up and deal with really. That said, the last few games, my opponents have also had 2k so it's not come up.

I actually can't see myself intentionally trying to play for Triumphs in list building as maximising points spent on models seems "better" perhaps. I dunno, its interesting for sure. At some point I'll be dropping a Weirdnob (120pts) for a Warchanter (80pts) and the 40 "lost" points won't be an issue to me regardless, but if it also could result in me getting a nice little one use buff now and again - winner!!

Hey,

I actually really like the Triumph table for matched play. I've heard a few people just outright say "it won't be used in Tournaments" - Why?!

I see no reason not to use it personally and as stated above does and another element to list building. My current Ironjawz builds are all coming in dead on 2,000pts, so it's just something I will have to suck up and deal with really. That said, the last few games, my opponents have also had 2k so it's not come up.

I actually can't see myself intentionally trying to play for Triumphs in list building as maximising points spent on models seems "better" perhaps. I dunno, its interesting for sure. At some point I'll be dropping a Weirdnob (120pts) for a Warchanter (80pts) and the 40 "lost" points won't be an issue to me regardless, but if it also could result in me getting a nice little one use buff now and again - winner!!

Who on earth is saying it won't be used?! It's a specifically designed rule for balancing slightly uneven armies in matched play.

Always makes me laugh when people don't like things and ban them before they've even had a chance to properly use them.

Personally I think it's a good little addition especially in a tourney when you don't know your opponents list until you start.

Archived