Grot Warboss squig weapon

Mayple

Question

Taking the moon prodder/squig gobbla option on the moonclan grot warboss on foot. So question about how the squig works. 

1. Does buffs to hit/wound affect the squig as well as the warboss? For example would a "Make one additional attack with each weapon" give an additional attack to the squig as well? Or the battle brew give bonuses to it?

2. Could you use an artifact that applies to a weapon i.e "choose one of the weapons to be a -ARTIFACT NAME-.." like some of the realm artifacts like blade of judgement and apply it to the squig, or only on the moon prodder? 

My questions arise since the squig is not a mount, but more akin to the flesh hound that comes with a mighty lord of khorne. Any ideas how this interacts? Treat it like an ordinary weapon, or as a separate entity like a mount?

Thanks! :)

5 answers to this question

I think "accompanying models" don't count as the model itself for the purposes of command traits and weapons, 2.0 profiles have been more forthcoming about this such as Lady Olynder. While RAW GW hasn't FAQ things like the Mighty Lord of Khorne or Grot Warboss, I think RAI many models will be following the "Companion = Mount" rule.

C OM PA N ION S :
Lady Olynder is
accompanied by two Banshee Handmaidens,
who are armed with Spectral Claws. For
rules purposes, the Banshee Handmaidens
are treated in the same manner as a mount.

Although there probably will be changes to warscrolls like the Grot Warboss/Mighty Lord of Khorne in the future, you have no responsibility to work out what these changes may be and you do not have to act accordingly right now. The squig is a weapon just like a Moon-slicer or Moon-cutta. Just to make myself clear, I am not arguing against @kenshin620  in an offensive or disrespectful manner. I just think the players should not be responsible for stitiching GW´s lazy rules writing and the fact GW does not made an attempt to clear up matters such as the discussed above.

And if you want to play the Ghyrstrike- or Sword of Judgement- squig, just imagine it is a special or magical squig. Call him a super hero (villain) squig. The talons of a Branchwraith or the beak of a Lord of Change can be a "Sword" of Judgement - so I really do not get what some people find disturbing about a magical empowered squig. 

Squig of Judgement, go!

Archived