Starting BOC (new to chaos)

Dracothjay

Hi guys, looking to get into chaos as I have never played this faction before.

BEASTS OF CHAOS has really caught my attention as I love the models and the nomadic/savage feel to them and with the new pre ordersnits just seems fresh.

As a new player and looking to start BOC,  can anyone advise me on what’s a good starting base for my first 1000 pts? for example should I take bestigors, ungor raiders, gors etc etc??

finally, I am really leaning towards using bullgors and a doombull as my heavy hitters. Love the look of them.

Nobody has really played with the new rules yet, so most people are probably not 100% sure. Bestigors and Chimeras seem pretty solid at first glance though.

You probably can't go wrong with a Start Collecting box or two as a base. Get some additional monsters and minotaurs to fill out. Of course you will want to get a herd stone as well.

You can't go wrong with two of the Start Collecting boxes as a foundation. Bestigors are looking like the MVP unit of BoC, some Ungors for chaff and sacrifices to summon, 2 Ghorgons who will terrorize enemy heroes with their new swallow ability and finally 2 Bray Shaman gives you some really solid magic/dispelling firepower.

11 hours ago, Dracothjay said:

finally, I am really leaning towards using bullgors and a doombull as my heavy hitters. Love the look of them.

Just start with a unit of Bullgors then. I guess you really can't go wrong with a unit you like the look of. 

Based on all I heard I think that Bestigors are one of the best investments in the new book. And they seem to be one of the best battleline units in the game. 

If I had to start now (because I couldn't  wait until next saturday) I'd get a box of Bestigors. 

I was wondering whether to build the Start Collecting sets Ungors to plain Ungors or Ungor Raiders?  It would be fun to try Ungor Raiders with some Cygors and combine them with the Tzeentch themed battalion and some Skyfires. No idea if it would work but sounds  fun :)

27 minutes ago, Dmuerto said:

I was wondering whether to build the Start Collecting sets Ungors to plain Ungors or Ungor Raiders?  It would be fun to try Ungor Raiders with some Cygors and combine them with the Tzeentch themed battalion and some Skyfires. No idea if it would work but sounds  fun :)

That’s what I’m doing. All Ungors I get are gonna be raiders, 20-30 man units to gain benefits from the rerolls. Ambush them turn 1 so I’m nice and close and start softening units up. I think they’ll be fantastic units.

Archived