Grand Host 2.5k fun list

El Syf

Hi all just wanted some feedback on these two lists and which if either would work best.

I don’t play in tournaments or anything, just wanted others opinions.

list 1

Nagash

vlozd

Necromancer

cairn wraith

4 morghasts

5 wolves 

5 wolves

20 chainrasps

20skegs

3 spirit hosts

corpse cart with loadstone

list 2

Nagash

wight king 

vampire lord

necromancer

lord executioner

2 morghasts

20 grave guard

10 skegs

40skegs

5 hexwraiths

first cohort

So the thought with the first list is the vlzod and dire wolves be the advance party while Nagash mostly holds down the magic side of things with the corpse cart parked behind him to give the +4 to cast while nagash is at full health. Nagash, vlozd and 4 morghasts will also distract the opponent while the little people do their thing.

Second list was just really an excuse to try out the battalion and I think is the weaker list. 

Will be playing against mixed order; stormcast, sylvaneth and fireslayers. Suggestions on spell choices most welcome.

Although I like the first cohort, I think your list No1 is better...

personally I‘d try to fit Arkhan in there somewhere, fe scratch the vlozd the cairn wraith and the corpse cart (440+60+80=580) and take arkhan and a coven throne... 

16 hours ago, Lemon Knuckles said:

Suggestion with absolutely minimal changes, you could swap the VLoZD in list #1 for Prince V without changing the actual model.  You could drop the Corpse Cart in order to do so, and come out of it with an extra CP which is very, very useful for your list.

I originally had Vhordrai in it but thought it better to save on the extra 40 points and spend elsewhere, quite keen to try the vlozd spell and annoy my opponent by giving him the ethereal amulet. I usually prefer Vhordrai as he hits harder just wanted to change it up a bit.

14 hours ago, Honk said:

Although I like the first cohort, I think your list No1 is better...

personally I‘d try to fit Arkhan in there somewhere, fe scratch the vlozd the cairn wraith and the corpse cart (440+60+80=580) and take arkhan and a coven throne... 

Maybe when i expand my army a bit, don't currently possess those models :(

4 hours ago, El Syf said:

I originally had Vhordrai in it but thought it better to save on the extra 40 points and spend elsewhere, quite keen to try the vlozd spell and annoy my opponent by giving him the ethereal amulet. I usually prefer Vhordrai as he hits harder just wanted to change it up a bit.

Sure.  But I really do think you want an extra CP in your list.  Right now, you have nothing turn one, and you can't use a different CA without sacrificing Nagash's awesome one.

Also, Prince V is great here not just because he hits harder.  His spell is also much more useful for Nagash than the VloZD's, and his CA is rock solid.  Also frees up the ability to put an artefact on your wraith, to give it more utility, and allow it to actually score on certain mission objectives.  A Balefire Lantern perhaps? 

The corpse cart really strikes me as overkill and too slow to get full use out of.

I agree with Honk that the 20 Skeles would look a lot better as 20 rasps.

Archived