The 2018 "What armies are your currently collecting" poll (multiple choice)

Lord Veshnakar

THE 2018 "WHAT ARMIES ARE YOU CURRENTLY COLLECTING" POLL   

225 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT ARMIES ARE YOU CURRENTLY COLLECTING

• Idoneth Deepkin
    • Stormcast Eternals
    • Seraphon
    • Daughters of Khaine
    • Kharadron Overlords
    • Sylvaneth
    • Fyreslayers
    • Free Peoples
    • Wanderers
    • Dispossessed
    • Devoted of Sigmar
    • Darkling Covens
    • Scourge Privateers
    • Phoenix Temple
    • Order Serpentis
    • Eldritch Council
    • Swifthawk Agents
    • Order Draconis
    • Khorne
    • Tzeentch
    • Nurgle
    • Slaanesh
    • Beasts of Chaos
    • Slaves to Darkness
    • Clan Verminous/General Skaven
    • Eshin
    • Moulder
    • Pestilens
    • Soulblight
    • Flesh Eater Courts
    • Legion of Nagash
    • Legion of Sacrament
    • Legion of Night
    • Legion of Blood
    • Nighthaunt
    • Beastclaw Raiders
    • Ironjawz
    • Moonclan Grots
    • Bonesplitterz
    • Gitmob Grots
    • Greenskinz
    • Spiderfang Grots
    • Gutbusters
    • Mixed Order
    • Mixed Chaos
    • Mixed Destruction
    • Mixed Death
    • Clan Skryre
    • Legion of Azrgorh

5 minutes ago, mastercrafted said:

It would certainly reduce my pile of shame to offload said skaven, seeing as they will probably receive attention from me some time around 2030 at this rate! 

Well there has been rumors that they’ll be getting a battletome or at least some attention in the year 2019 end of February.

(just noticed that you were describing your attention ?)

45 minutes ago, mastercrafted said:

I wouldnt, not unless you want your other half to know how much you have spent on toy soldiers and your secret stash of unopened goodness unearthed for all to see. Khorne knows i certainly don't!

Believe me nor would I. (Mostly since I already know the answer, and even than I wouldn’t stop buying more, more and more rats)

also I’m a rather shy guy, and don’t like to be well known to the world.

and secondly I believe I have to delete the answer I thought of beeing funny sorry?

But as a Skavenplayer the only rule we know is that you can never have to many rats.

Especially clanrats 

4 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Mmmh,

well if you’re looking for place for your skaven, I’ll happily take them.

Still need some more clanrat.

if not welcome new skaven player,

i see you have taken the right choice?

I've listed about 150 to go on ebay this Sunday, you're already making me miss them ?

Am holding myself to (max) 3 armies for each system (if you count anything Dead and all flavours of Elves/Aelves as one army each...), needs doing unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Kyriakin said:

Wow, Fyreslayers are 0.94% on a multiple option poll. And Idoneth aren't doing much better. Both 100% new model armies.

Dispossessed have more than both of them combined.

Not sure I'd read too much into that - the highest is under 8% ;)  Idoneth has just jumped up to. 

I think Fyreslayers suffer from the cost entry point more than anything else.

3 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Not sure I'd read too much into that - the highest is under 8% ;)  Idoneth has just jumped up to. 

I think Fyreslayers suffer from the cost entry point more than anything else.

Agreed, they cost elite army dollars but have horde army points. A bit samey for hobbyists and tedious to play+nerfed for competitive folks, fyreslayers are in a bit of a spot. Similar barrier to entry exists for DoK, but they have excellent variety and overpowered rules helping them out.

I don't think it's the most current models necessarily, look how high BoC is, I think it's support that drives these to a large degree. Dispossessed is an exception, possibly because of Total War? They're a stubborn bunch in any case ?

6 hours ago, Sonnenspeer said:

Could a 3rd poll also make sense; "What is your biggest army?" So we could see where most of our money went.

If we are tweaking the poll, I'd be curious why people got into the army. Was it how they played, the aesthetics of the models, or the story around them? 

Personally, I'm sucker for a tragic backstory justifying a dark faction. The Idoneth ticked all the boxes for me. In WFB, I really enjoyed the Dawi Zharr for the same reason. Plus both have some of the all time coolest models.  

Really surprised to see how few Fyreslayer players there are. Not that I expected them to be super popular, but it seems really low. 

Anyone know why? I assume the price has something to do with it, but DoK sell well and they're also super expensive.

43 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Really surprised to see how few Fyreslayer players there are. Not that I expected them to be super popular, but it seems really low. 

Anyone know why? I assume the price has something to do with it, but DoK sell well and they're also super expensive.

Personally, I think the Magmadroth is the worst-looking centrepiece model of the new era (i.e. since the aesthetics changed in very late 8th Edition). Admittedly, that's being compared to mostly excellent models, though.

Also, in my experience, people tend to prefer either traditional/Tolkein-esque dwarfs or steampunk/tech dwarfs. I am not sure the more tribal/feral Slayer aesthetic has ever been that popular.

I do like that "sea of orange" look over the whole force, though, and I think small-scale Magmadroth cavalry might help. However, I'm not sure whether GW might consider that throwing good money after bad.

8 hours ago, Kyriakin said:

Personally, I think the Magmadroth is the worst-looking centrepiece model of the new era (i.e. since the aesthetics changed in very late 8th Edition). Admittedly, that's being compared to mostly excellent models, though.

Also, in my experience, people tend to prefer either traditional/Tolkein-esque dwarfs or steampunk/tech dwarfs. I am not sure the more tribal/feral Slayer aesthetic has ever been that popular.

I do like that "sea of orange" look over the whole force, though, and I think small-scale Magmadroth cavalry might help. However, I'm not sure whether GW might consider that throwing good money after bad.

I actually like the Fyreslayers aesthetically. I just have too many projects I’m already working on to be able to devote any time/energy to them. On top of the armies I’m currently building I’m building a hobby shed behind the house specifically for building and painting my models and RC airplanes (if I can break myself away from building little plastic men long enough to go out there and start stretching wire).

I would love to build an entire Dwarf force though, Fyreslayers, Overlords, Disposesses, everything stout and beardly. 

Archived