Scale 75 metallic black

Lior'Lec

Does anyone on these forums use this particular color? If so could you post a picture of what it looks like on a finished miniature? I am wanting a nice metallic black for the armor trim on some models but have never used this color (or any Scale 75 colors) so don’t know how it looks on a finished model. The biggest hindrance would be the shipping time (no one locally sell scale 75). I have a standby (Vallejo Model Colors pure black and natural steel mixed 1:1) I can use that would be good enough but before I just slap it on would like to see if the alternative would be worth the wait. 

Hmm, hard to be certain in the photo but the pigments/metallic looks much finer than with vellejo paints. I think I may order a batch this weekend and just put those models to the side until I can get it in and test in person. Thank you for the link. 

3 hours ago, Curry_Supreme said:

Hey lior’lec have you thought about Vallejo metal colour steel? Not the model air one but the new metal colour line?

One word of warning about Vallejo Metal Color is that they are a pain to get a good finish unless you use an airbrush.  From an airbrush they're beautiful - easily the best metallics you can buy, from the pot they're less so (unless you're using them for edge highlights).

@Ciciek     Well I won’t be ordering any until this weekend (personal issues came along with some fresh expenses for this week), but I’m going to order and give them a try once they come in. Even if I don’t like them it’s not like it would be the first time I bought a jar of paint that was doomed to go to waste. I’m sure I’ll find some use for it if it doesn’t work for the trim on my models. 

On 9/13/2018 at 12:21 PM, RuneBrush said:

One word of warning about Vallejo Metal Color is that they are a pain to get a good finish unless you use an airbrush.  From an airbrush they're beautiful - easily the best metallics you can buy, from the pot they're less so (unless you're using them for edge highlights).

I've never had a problem with brushing them on - I don't thin them as they are already airbrush thin. Amazing paints. 

Archived