Fan Idea: Collegiate Arcane Battle Mage "Personal Items"

kenshin620

I always liked the modeling versatility of the Empire/Collegiate Arcane wizards and was thinking of all the fancy stuff they carry other than their staff, like the flaming sword or that deathly potion. Why not give that a game effect!

Note: Yea I know these ideas are half baked and probably not at all balanced with each other, nor do I have any idea how Matched Play point values fit in with this "free" wargear.

And yea WYSIWYG can be a pain, especially if you like one thing look wise but want another game wise.☠️

Anywho this is what I came up with, which can all be represented with the various bitz from the battle mage kit...except the Familiar (which is an animal/creature of some variety). What do you think?

Battle Mage Wargear

In addition to their Wizard Staff, a Battlemage may be equipped with one of the following personal items.

·         Elemental Weapon: The Battle Mage gains the following additional weapon

Melee Weapons

Range

Attacks

To Hit

To Wound

Rend

Damage

Elemental Weapon

1”

4+

4+

·         Volatile Potion: Once per game in your Shooting Phase, the Battle Mage may choose to throw a volatile potion of alchemy and magic at the enemy. Pick an enemy unit within 6” and in Line of Sight of the Battle Mage, then roll a dice. On a 2+, that unit suffers D3 Mortal Wounds. On a 1, the Battle Mage missed and the potion is wasted.

·         Item of Power: The Battle Mage may declare to use the Item of Power at the beginning of your HERO phase. If they do, the Battle Mage may reroll casting results of 1, but they lose 2” to their movement for the rest of the turn.

·         Item of Warding: The Battle Mage may declare to use the Item of Warding at the beginning of the enemy's HERO phase. If they do, the Battle Mage may reroll unbinding results of 1, but they lose 2” to their movement for the rest of the next turn.

·         Magical Familiar: Enemy shooting attacks made against the Battle Mage suffer an additional -1 To Hit. (Maybe each time the wizard is wounded, he may also lose the Familiar on a 4+ or something)

Archived