The Three Magi of Shyhs: A Legion of Nagash PLOG- BEASTWRAITH GARGOYLE with pics!!

" And then, i saw them.

They were three and they brought shadows over the kingdoms of Sigmar. The Magi of Shysh they were called.

They were three and the first one was named Melkior. His armos was black as jet and his shoulders were big enough to carry the weight of lives he had already taken in battle. He rode an ash grey stallion, his hooves dirtied with blood, and slaughter rode alongside him.

They were three and the second one was named Balthasar. His armor was black as night and his fist grasped a thousand of tortured souls. He rode a ghostly dragon, the soul of a noble guardian of the past, and desperation rode alongside him.

They were three and the last one was named Kaspar. His armor was black as  the abyss and his shadows brought death to the living. He rode a spectral vulture, his wings burst into flames of scorching souls, and doom rode alongside him.

They were three and they brought the weight of a name onto the lands of the Warrior God.

Drachenfels was the  name, and they killed in the name of the Great Enchanter"

Somewhere in Shysh lies a ruined kingdom known as Drachenfelburg. Once ruled by wise king and a race of dragons called "Soul dragons", the kingdom dissapeared after a brutal civil war between the crown prince Hespek von Drachen and the former king Gregorius von Drachen. King Gregorius went mad when, by the words of a misterious adviser, he discovered that his kingdom was built around an artefact from an ancient past, from a world that didn't exist anymore. The artifact was a mask, one of a collection of items that once belonged to a superior being named Drachenfels the Great enchanter. Gregorius started to search for this artefact in order to use it's power for the good of the kingdom, but when the researches failed to bring the Mask to the light, the king went mad and decided to burn to the ground his reing in order to find it. His son Hespek, teamed with the soul dragon named Aldebaraan,  fought against his father in order to stop his madness. The resulting war nearly destroyed the kingdom and put an end to the mad king's life. Or so they tought. While the remaining inhabitants of the kingdom scattered troughout Shysh and the Prince Hespek isoleted himself with Aldebaraan for the shame of failing in saving his own kingdom, the misterious advisor revealed himself as Kaspar von Tsarovich. Asking the dying king to join his family, he trasformed the mad king into vampire and thus Balthasar von Tsarovich was born. Alongside the third brother, Melkior the tree vampires searched the land of Shyhs for centuries for news and legends about the masks of the great enchanter. The recent necroquake stirred magic and damaged the land, thus opening a new entrance into the ruins of Drachenfelburg. An ancient power now emerges from this new unfold path and the Three Magi of Shysh ,as the vampires call themselves now, lead their army into conquest. But the past watches them and acts in order to stop them....

Hello everyone! I finally decided to open my plog for my Legion of Nagash army! some of you may have seen my works in the painting contract topics but i've decided to open a topic for this army. I'll use this to tell you the tales and the background behind the army, inspired by the work of one of the best plogs into this forum IHMO which is "The darkwood court". This army must be finished within the end of september, because I've to attend to a "full painted only" tournament and to the Armies on parade in my local GW. Pics will come in the following days but  for now I'll give you the armylist I'll be using for the tournament: 

The Magi of Shyish

Allegiance: Legion of Sacrament - Mortal Realm: Shyish

LEADERS

Balthasar von Tsarovich, Magi of burning despration (440)

Vampire Lord On Zombie Dragon

- Deathlance & Shield & Chalice

- Artefact : Ethereal Amulet

- Lore of the Vampires : Vile Transference

Kaspar von Tsarovich, Magi of doomed shadows (320)

Arkhan The Black Mortarch of Sacrament

- Lore of the Dead : Overwhelming Dread (Deathmages)

Melkior von Tsarovich, Magi of bloodletting slaughter (140)

Vampire Lord

- Nightmare

- Lore of the Vampires : Amaranthine Orb

UNITS

Bathasar's fallen soldiers (80)

10 x Chainrasp Horde

Drachenfelburg's citizens (80)

10 x Chainrasp Horde

Ghastly Incubus (60)

5 x Dire Wolves

Kasper's messangers (280)

20 x Grimghast Reapers

BEHEMOTHS

Beastwraith Gargoyle (300)

Terrorgheist

Grimghast gargant (300)

Mourngul

- Allies

TOTAL: 2000/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0 WOUNDS: 104

LEADERS: 3/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 4/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4

ARTEFACTS: 1/1 ALLIES: 300/400

So, that's all for now! I'll post pics old and new in the coming days!

1 hour ago, KnaveOfScribes said:

I came for the intriguing title, I stayed for the great fluff with plenty of great nods to old WFB stories and biblical stuff. I didn't expect the shout out, which was awesome and entirely unexpected - thank you sir :)

Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Your opinion makes me really happy. Your plog is exactly what i always do when planning an army. Creating a lot of background!And you did it with passion and creativity. Since I'm not an english native speaker ( I'm italian) i had to overcome the fear of mistakes while writing stories in english. Actually this army is only half of a bigger bg that includes my mixed order army, led by the descendant of Hespek Von Drachen. I'm waiting to take better photos of one of my favourite conversion wich is the beastwraith gargoyle, and then write bg for it!

1 hour ago, Curry_Supreme said:

Awesome writing hook!

Thank you! I'll write a piece about Kasper von Tsarovich probably tomorrow evening!

" The silence reigned supreme that night in the village of Gehennagard, a small settlement of a few hundred souls, all desccendants of refugees from a lost kingdom. A crimson glove grasped around the neck of Althan Silverfingers,unwelcomed member of the populace. The burglar had a few seconds to understand that he was pilfering the wrong person, before the fingers of the pilfered snapped his neck. A man wearing a black armor , his face covered in the shadows, murmured a few words and then the spirit of the thief left his body and turned into a chained gheist, with nothing more than a blunted knife in his hand. Looking at his new master, the chainrasp criminal pointed his knife into the direction of the hill at the center of the village. On his top, the small cemetery of Gehennagard lied shrouded into a ghastly silence. With a slow pace, the man in black armor ventured himself to the top of hill, right into the center of the graveyard. There, after a deep breath, the man took an ancient book clipped to his belt. He opened it and started to pronounce the words of an ancient and powerful ritual. Green, haunting lights illuminated the soil and the face of the man, revealing a middle aged warrior with silver beard and hair and a pale, purpleish skin. As he chanted the rituals, his lips showed his pointed teeth and his red eyes. Closing the eyelids on his cursed rubies, he suddlenly stopped chanting. In that precise moment, all the citizens of Gehennagard had the same dream. Each one of them found himself surrounded by the rest of the villagers and their ancestors, all facing an huge column of greenish fire. A parody of a face emerged from the flames and started to talk with ominous voice.

"CITIZENS OF GEHENNAGARD, YOU HAVE BEEN FOUNG GUILTY OF BEING OF THE DESCENDANTS OF TRAITORS. THOSE WHO NOW HIDE BEHIND YOUR BACK WERE ONCE PAESANTS OF MY GLORIUS KINGDOM. BUT IN THE TIME OF NEED THE CHOOSE TO ALLY WITH MY ENEMY AND NOT TO SACRIFICE A LITTLE BIT OF THEIR POSSESSION FOR THE FUTURE AND PROSPERITY OF DRACHENFELBURG!!!! SINCE THEY ESCAPED MY RIGHTEOUS JUDGMENT YOU WILL SUFFER IT IN THEIR BEHALF! DON'T LOOK AT ME WITH ANGRY FACES BUT DIRECT YOUR RAGE AGAINST THE PEOPLE WHO CONDAMNED YOU TO THIS TERRBILE FATE!"

The citizens all looked to their ancestors' spirits only to find each one of them sobbing and asking for forgiveness. But their prayers were not for them, but for the face that apperaed in the flames.

"King Gregorius please forgive us!" they cried, but each time one of the spirits of the past begged for his salvation the column of fire grew bigger, till the point it exploded into a burst of fire. 

Half of the villagers never woke up from that dream, their souls condamned with the same fate that cursed Althan the burglar. The ones that woke up hurried outside their home to find shelter into the dunes around the village. They found themselves surrounded by chained spirits, moaning words of vengenace against them. The ones who had the time to look away, were hypnotizes by fear in looking into the direction of the hilltop graveyard. Surrounded by ghost,there was a huge skeletal dragon, his essence turning from the black of the shadows to the spectral turquoise of his fellow spirits. Upon the back of Ahr-Megiddo the dauntless, tenth king of the soul dragons, sat the warrior in black armor. His armor was black as night and into his anger-filled grin there was no trace of King Gregorius von Drachen. 

There was only the shattered spirit of an enraged vampire.

There was only Balthasar von Tsarovich.

And there it his, my vampire lord on zombie dragon! Balthasar von Tsarovich! Many of you have already seen it into the painting contract topic, but i took new photos to match the newly written background! hope you like it!

IMG_20180910_193833_000.jpg

IMG_20180910_193833_016.jpg

IMG_20180910_193832_987.jpg

IMG_20180910_193832_976.jpg

IMG_20180910_193832_989.jpg

IMG_20180910_193832_975.jpg

IMG_20180910_193832_988.jpg

"Have you ever been into a place of war after it's end? After the battle the energies of the dead and the anger of the living who fought, whirl unseen at the human eye but barely visible to those who master the powers of  Syhish. It happens, sometimes, that this kind of energies gather themselves aroud certain structures, be it a statue or a building. When this energies concentrate into a building you'll see to the birth of a haunted temple or house or even a castle,if those energies are extremely powerful. If those kind of energy gather around a statue, that's another matter. You see, a bulding can transform into a haunted, living being but his structures forces this new creature to stay still and wait for his prey to arrive. In the case of statue, the creature born from the fusion of spirits and stone, will be able to move and hunt for it's prey as it were a beast made of flesh and bones. If someone is powerful and expert enough to  bridle this creatures into making his will, they'll surely have a powerful weapon at your side. I called this kind of construct "Beastwraith Gargoyles" and the rituals to aweken one of this creatures are difficult to control an require an enormous quantity of power to muster. Once the Gargoyle comes back to life, it'll descend upon the enemies on his marble wings, tearing them apart with his stone claws. His roar can  frighten soldiers to death and the spirits can mould his jaws to reach unimmaginable size, in order to consume the prey with just one bite. The sight of the scared face of your adversary, once he realize that the statue that was guarding his back is now trying to kill him is so pleasing, that you'll be happy for having spent so much time and effort into this kind of ritual.

Kasper von Tsarovich to his former pupil, before testing the ritual of the gargoyle awakening on the sigmarite statue behind the traitor.

20180910_191618.jpg

20180910_191529.jpg

20180910_191540.jpg

20180910_191551.jpg

20180910_191601.jpg

20180910_191608.jpg

• Captain James Hook changed the title to The Three Magi of Shyhs: A Legion of Nagash PLOG- BEASTWRAITH GARGOYLE with pics!!

Archived