Ironjawz: Next Purchase?

Morpheine

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 8:14 PM, Dotification said:

And as a hobbyist, Mitzy makes their massive boars look so fun to paint, I just need to decide between turquoise pig-armor or pig fur, but how damn it's my fav color!!

Yeh @Mitzy has done a great job using my fav colour ;) 

His army is great. I too am looking forward to painting the models and indeed getting 6 more as part of a couple of SC boxes.

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 8:14 PM, Dotification said:

It is pretty weird how restrictive they are about the G-G Charge ability, considering the 'Jawz riding them are so pillow-fisted; they only have Rend 1/Damage 1 weapons, the Jagged Gore-hacka doesn't even get a charge bonus, & there's no command options for them.  I guess Khornates feel the same way about their Juggernaut-riders??

Ha! Indeed. on the last podcast we recorded, Matt said exactly that about the Skullcrushers. So I guess it's not just us feeling underwhelmed by our beastie mounts not pulling their (considerable) weight!!

Cheers @Chris Tomlin and @Dotification I really appreciate the love for the Big Pigz they are really nice to paint. Above that however is my theory that an all Gore Grunta army would be cinematic in the extreme!

And I think could do quite well. I have 6 more in my to build/paint pile so the option for me to field 15 is there (when I get round to doing them).

But in reality the list I'm thinking looks like this:

Gordrakk (700)

6 x Gore Gruntas (360)

6 x Gore Gruntas (360)

3 x Gore Gruntas (180)

3 x Gore Gruntas (180)

Gorefist Formation (120)

Total (1900)

The trouble is what to put in for the last 100 points. I guess a unit of 5 Orruk Boar Boys? But they ain't Ironjaws...

Anyway I think 18 GG's on the hoof would be awesome :)

A warchanter for buffing one of the 6 packs. 

In rough terms if all armed with choppas and you could get every gore grunta into range to attack, gordrakks command ability and +1 to hit on one unit...... 

6 with +1 to hit (17 wounds -1 rend 12 wounds from mounts)

6 without +1 (13.5 wounds -1 rend 9 wounds from mounts)

3s do (7 wounds -1 rend 4.5 wounds from mounts 

so I total that's 

44.5 wounds -1 rend 

30 wounds no rend 

you cannot fail any charges as long as your 3" away and you can do it all turn one!

it it would be glorious and if you picked the right targets and got a bit of luck on your side you could hammer a serious hole in the enemy before they get chance to immune to battleshock etc... Goregruntas are really tanks too so should be able to weather the return attacks and leave a nice tidy target for gordrakk to blatter turn 2 

you could also probably let them take a turn accept some buffs but then go for the double turn

3 hours ago, Mitzy said:

Cheers @Chris Tomlin and @Dotification I really appreciate the love for the Big Pigz they are really nice to paint. Above that however is my theory that an all Gore Grunta army would be cinematic in the extreme!

And I think could do quite well. I have 6 more in my to build/paint pile so the option for me to field 15 is there (when I get round to doing them).

But in reality the list I'm thinking looks like this:

Gordrakk (700)

6 x Gore Gruntas (360)

6 x Gore Gruntas (360)

3 x Gore Gruntas (180)

3 x Gore Gruntas (180)

Gorefist Formation (120)

Total (1900)

The trouble is what to put in for the last 100 points. I guess a unit of 5 Orruk Boar Boys? But they ain't Ironjaws...

Anyway I think 18 GG's on the hoof would be awesome :)

Yes! MITZY! YES!

I'm running this as one of my lists for Facehammer GT:

Gordrakk - 700
Warchanter - 80
Warchanter - 80

Ironfist - 60
3 x Gore Gruntas - 180
3 x Gore Gruntas - 180
3 x Gore Gruntas - 180
3 x Gore Gruntas - 180
6 x Gore Gruntas - 360

2000pts!

You know, if you just take a Megaboss on foot and 2 Warchanters, you can fit 27 Gore Gruntas into your list...

20 hours ago, Dangermouse425 said:

For this reason, I'd be tempted to run my piggies as 2 x 6 and 2 x 3, so that the 6s can benefit from a buff each off the 2 x Warchanters.

Yeh I know I said on Whatsapp I wasn't really sold on the benefit of units of 6 over 3's, but this certainly is a strong reason to do so.

Where I am looking to drop my Shaman for a second Warchanter, it's making me consider dropping my 2x 5 Brutes for another unit of 10 with the same rationale in mind. "Downside" being I'd have to buy 2 more boxes of Brutes to make more with Jagged Hackas!

5 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Yeh I know I said on Whatsapp I wasn't really sold on the benefit of units of 6 over 3's, but this certainly is a strong reason to do so.

Where I am looking to drop my Shaman for a second Warchanter, it's making me consider dropping my 2x 5 Brutes for another unit of 10 with the same rationale in mind. "Downside" being I'd have to buy 2 more boxes of Brutes to make more with Jagged Hackas!

I'm failing to see why owning MOAR IRONJAWZ is a downside, Chris. I'm assuming that's a typo?

On ‎05‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 4:35 PM, Dez said:

The "Downside" is when your Significant Other finds out how much you spent or when you have to borrow money for rent, right?

Luckily she is ok with it, because for every box of my toys that comes through the post there is invariably one to match for her from ASOS/Topshop etc!!

@Dangermouse425 - That's quite the haul! You never do things by half do you?!!

Archived