Suggestion - off topic section

Overread

Wondering if it would be worth adding an off-topic section to the site. Somewhere that isn't AoS focused but which could be used to generate other fantasy and general chatter. Where we could talk about films, books, hobbies, fan fiction, TV, whatever else that interests us (within reason) and gives an outlet and community focus that isn't just AoS dominated.

@Overread - Hi,

I believe this has been raised before and the feeling is that this is an AoS forum, so let's talk AoS! There's plenty of other places around the internet for off topic nonsense chat (which is how such topics inevitably end up!).

I personally don't believe adding an off topic forum would be a positive move and knowing the internet, would likely cause no end of trouble/dispute!

I'll tag @Ben in, just in case feelings have changed around this suggestion.

Aye I can well understand the potential drama that can be caused - although in my experience that tends to only be religion and politics (which are typically banned on most sites for that very reason). I see it as a way to extend chat to things in general wargaming and fantasy and hobbies - so throwing in books, films, music and other things that might touch on the same scope and aspects as fantasy wargaming, but which aren't AoS focused. 

Archived