Morsguard eels biovoltaic blast.

Curzex

Question

Hi, i need help.

In my group they think that biovoltaic blast only afect one unit per eel.(so cant do all mortal wounds on the same unit per eel).

They based on faq that said you cant select the same unit multiple times for same ability.

The example on faq is when the ability say "pick d6 units" obviously cant pick same unit multiple times.

And eels say " roll a dice for each eel in unit,  pick a unit for each 3+" so they based on you pick x times the number of 3+ ( for example if you roll 5, your X is 5 units so maximum 1mw or d3 if you roll a 6+)

I think i can pick the same unit, how can I explane it?

Or im wrong.

Thx.

4 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Curzex said:

Hi, i need help.

In my group they think that biovoltaic blast only afect one unit per eel.(so cant do all mortal wounds on the same unit per eel).

They based on faq that said you cant select the same unit multiple times for same ability.

The example on faq is when the ability say "pick d6 units" obviously cant pick same unit multiple times.

And eels say " roll a dice for each eel in unit,  pick a unit for each 3+" so they based on you pick x times the number of 3+ ( for example if you roll 5, your X is 5 units so maximum 1mw or d3 if you roll a 6+)

I think i can pick the same unit, how can I explane it?

Or im wrong.

Thx.

The FAQ is referring to situations where the ability specifies you pick a number of units to resolve/test the ability on - to prevent you bombing a single unit to make sure it fails a test condition.

In the eels' case, it's not the ability itself that specifies how you pick, it's the number of test successes, so it doesn't apply.

9 hours ago, King Taloren said:

Yeah you pick a unit and roll a dice for each eel in that unit. If it was working the other way evocators would be a lot easier to deal with since they share similar wording on their ability 

Reluctant pedant hat on, but you roll for each eel first, *then* pick a unit "for each" 3+ - allowing you to spread damage across multiple units. The evocators ability specifically focused damage on a single  unit. The FAQ covers situations where the picking comes before the test. (I may have misinterpreted your post, mind)

Archived