I want to play a vampire army but I don’t know how.

Ravinsild

26 minutes ago, deynon said:

you need 4 differnt characters

Or gravesites...

yes, the DI rules are a bit, I‘d wish for something else... but it is what it is.

at least LoN are not forced to carrying around near useless heroes like FEC. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sincerly I prefer the FEC version. I don't find them so useless, unlike the ones in LoN, moreover cause they can recover much more and models at them, not wounds. Even the nighthaunts can restore models with some of their units, unlike LoN:B.

I'm used to play something simlar to the graveyards having played Sylvania lists quite long^^ anyway having fixed them on the field say that you risk to not even being able to use their options.

37 minutes ago, deynon said:

Sincerly I prefer the FEC version.

I do too like my courtiers, but they are 80 points naked crazies with almost no other uses than keeping their stupid heads down. Or they are up at 140 points also butt-naked crazies hoping for 5+ rolls...

And with their abilities and low save, they are just to valuable to be in the thick of it. And 140 points is a vamp lord equivalent...

2 minutes ago, Honk said:

I do too like my courtiers, but they are 80 points naked crazies with almost no other uses than keeping their stupid heads down. Or they are up at 140 points also butt-naked crazies hoping for 5+ rolls...

And with their abilities and low save, they are just to valuable to be in the thick of it. And 140 points is a vamp lord equivalent...

there also vargheits coutiers, and you can summon new ones. And they are better than vampire, wight kings and necromancers.  And allow you to summon models,not wounds, even on a 5+ they can do more than  the LoN ones causebwith LoN you have to first heal (casually) and then maybe summon back. 

12 minutes ago, deynon said:

And they are better than

Yes, there are a bunch of strong options for FEC, way stronger than GHB17. King on dragon with majestic horror calling in two varghulf?! Even had Bob scoring 6th in wherever it was, with a pretty bread&butter 3 riders and 3x10 ghoul list if memory serves correctly.

but still classic LoN is stronger I think, because the necromancer just rocks and  40 skellis destroy. But I think, really comparing the regaining systems in point value is too complicated for me now

10 minutes ago, Honk said:

Yes, there are a bunch of strong options for FEC, way stronger than GHB17. King on dragon with majestic horror calling in two varghulf?! Even had Bob scoring 6th in wherever it was, with a pretty bread&butter 3 riders and 3x10 ghoul list if memory serves correctly.

but still classic LoN is stronger I think, because the necromancer just rocks and  40 skellis destroy. But I think, really comparing the regaining systems in point value is too complicated for me now

I made a video about FEC options^^

I don't find LoN:B stronger. 40 skellies can be stornger, but only if their receive the support of almost half an army.  Necromancer is slow having lost the nightmare steed. And heal much less.  Moreover you are bound to be around the graveyards at least, otherways, 40 skellies don't last long. And spells can be dispelled, so Necromancers are not so necessarily useful.

I’m trying to find a good way to get a Wight King on Skeletal Steed. 

I have a few things in mind: 

1) Convert a Black Knight and really spruce him up so he looks quite fancy 

2) Convert Dreadblade Harrows into one using possibly black rider skeletons for a base of the model

3) Use Reikenor the Grimhailer as he is and counts as 

4) Just use Dreadblade Harrows as counts as 

Thoughts or suggestions? 

Same for Winged Vampire Lords. I bought the female vamp lord and the Von Carstein guy (Vlad?) but they don’t come with wings. 

7 hours ago, deynon said:

40 skellies can be stornger, but only if their receive the support

40 skellis against 40 ghouls without support...

skellis should win, although only by a slim margin. I usually place my gravesites in a diamond formation right in the center, so they regain 2-3d3 models each round. And they only cost 280 points, against 360 for the ghouls. The gravesites have a range of 9“, so it is possible to triple/quadruple heal a larger central unit, while still supporting the flanks or the enemies territory. Depending on board set up, scenario and of course crazy tactics like backfield summoning with the legion of the night, but I start rambling.

FEC is surprisingly strong in this edition, with good summoning tactics for harassment and objective grabbing. 6 horrors with a king and the black hunger spell always leaves an impression 

4 hours ago, Ravinsild said:

I’m trying to find a good way to get a Wight King on Skeletal Steed. 

ebay for the good old camel-rider?! Undeadify a chaosknight/ Breton...

same for the vampire, I got the red duke and two other old pewter models (Batman/Robin) ooor go crazy on elven knights, the dark elven warlocks or chaos knights... varanguard even if one should be general

1 minute ago, Honk said:

40 skellis against 40 ghouls without support...

skellis should win, although only by a slim margin. I usually place my gravesites in a diamond formation right in the center, so they regain 2-3d3 models each round. And they only cost 280 points, against 360 for the ghouls. The gravesites have a range of 9“, so it is possible to triple/quadruple heal a larger central unit, while still supporting the flanks or the enemies territory. Depending on board set up, scenario and of course crazy tactics like backfield summoning with the legion of the night, but I start rambling.

FEC is surprisingly strong in this edition, with good summoning tactics for harassment and objective grabbing. 6 horrors with a king and the black hunger spell always leaves an impression 

ebay for the good old camel-rider?! Undeadify a chaosknight/ Breton...

same for the vampire, I got the red duke and two other old pewter models (Batman/Robin) ooor go crazy on elven knights, the dark elven warlocks or chaos knights... varanguard even if one should be general

it is not worth to have 40 ghouls  moreover Fec usually gave lots of bonuses from warscroll battalions that skellies can't ckmpare to. If you don't include support why do you  consider the graveyards? Moreover you assume the position of the skellies in the main favour to them, as that they are all able to attack. If you consider kegion of night there are too many things about ghouls^^ 

death unis need the support of the characters to work good, so I don't think a sheer comparison like this is good enough.

About rhe wight king on stead I created by personal one, I' m finishing the video about it. I can anticipate that the screaming skull catapult is a wonderful model^^

1 minute ago, Honk said:

Because they are free...

but I guess we’re just having different opinions on that 

nope they are not free cause you are anyway relating to a specifuc position on the field and a heaven disposition of the models. Moreover who is going  to attack first? Cause it changes the result.  The rules itself the units gain from the heroes close to them change quite a lot their efficience. I'm talking about rules of the units, not support from them.

Anyway different opinions, nothing more^^ 

Im not opposed to playing FEC honestly but for the most part I just want a vampire based army and a bunch of skeletons. 

Sucks they canned Tomb Kings.... because they were the only ones with ranged ;-; Skeleton Archers and Horse Archers! 

Whyd they delete all ranged ability from death lol. 

12 hours ago, Ravinsild said:

Im not opposed to playing FEC honestly but for the most part I just want a vampire based army and a bunch of skeletons. 

Sucks they canned Tomb Kings.... because they were the only ones with ranged ;-; Skeleton Archers and Horse Archers! 

Whyd they delete all ranged ability from death lol. 

I think we'll see again them. GW invested too muh in Tob kings. There are two future options about them:

1) Khemri army, but if so it will be with the development of the Nagash background and the Soulwars

2) Deathrattle as a sort of Legion to characterize the army with the sands environment

Or at least I hope so^^

12 hours ago, Ravinsild said:

Im not opposed to playing FEC

That was my downfall too...

but it is alright and the ghouls can double as zombies, the vlozd is just a deranged gkozd vargheist or flayers, nobody can tell the difference and two terrorgheist always fit somewhere ??

I won my first death game today! It was the second game I’ve played with the army. 

It was the map from the core rulebook with two objective points, one in each deployment zone and if you own both by the third turn you win automatically. 

Regardless I played against Khorne and passed my first two turns as Legion of Night, placing a unit of 10 Grave Guard in ambush with two-handed weapons. 

I basically stayed in my territory all game and gained my +1 save from that as well as +1 from ‘-‘ rend weapons making my Grave Guard with Crypt Shields 3+ and my Skeletons 4+ with 6++. I defeated 2 Slaughterpriests a Blood Throne and 40 Bloodreavers by sitting tight and just fighting back. 

He managed to kill my general and 10 Skeletons. My total points destroyed was 560 and his was 200 by the end of the fifth battle round. My unit of 30 skeletons was at full strength at the end as well as my shield GG, and sadly my 2h weapon GG were ambushed in too late and didn’t really get to do much. 

My list looked like this: 

Allegiance: Legion of Night

Leaders
Wight King with Baleful Tomb Blade(120)
- General
- Trait: Merciless Hunter  
- Artefact: Curseblade  
Necromancer (110)

Battleline
30 x Skeleton Warriors (240)
- Ancient Blades
10 x Skeleton Warriors (80)
- Ancient Blades

Units
10 x Grave Guard (160)
- Wight Blades & Crypt Shields
10 x Grave Guard (160)
- Great Wight Blades

Total: 990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 20
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 75

I think once I get some Black Knights I will try out this list however: there’s 2 things I can do: play LoN again and ambush out my 1 Wight King with 5 BK and 10 GG with 2h weapons or play Soulblight with Swift Blood and run Cogs for 12” on my basic skeletons and GG and 16” on my BK with long charges for a more aggressive list. 

Anyway here’s the LoN ambushy list since idk if it’s a good idea to run endless Cogs at 1k since I feel like I’m giving up some bodies as it is.

Think it would drop at the end of turn 2 as fear away as possible to get 8” out my GG and try to get within 6” for auto-charge. I just don’t want them to kill or charge my ambush so timing is clutch. 

Allegiance: Legion of Night

Leaders
- General
- Trait: Merciless Hunter  
- Artefact: Curseblade  
Necromancer (110)

Battleline
30 x Skeleton Warriors (240)
- Ancient Blades
10 x Skeleton Warriors (80)
- Ancient Blades

Units
10 x Grave Guard (160)
- Great Wight Blades
5 x Black Knights (120)

Battalions
Deathmarch (160)

Total: 990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 21
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 70

In Azyr the Deathmarch needs only 1 unit of Grave Guard, 1 Unit of Black Knights, and a Wight King with an additional Wight King being optional. 

In the LoN book it’s 1 WK, 3 units or Skeleton Warriors, 1 GG and 1 BK.... 

read all the FAQ for LoN and GA: Death and commentary.... can’t find the changes.. also can’t see where it’s allowed to be taken with other allegiances outside GA:D 

43 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

In Azyr the Deathmarch needs only 1 unit of Grave Guard, 1 Unit of Black Knights, and a Wight King with an additional Wight King being optional. 

In the LoN book it’s 1 WK, 3 units or Skeleton Warriors, 1 GG and 1 BK.... 

read all the FAQ for LoN and GA: Death and commentary.... can’t find the changes.. also can’t see where it’s allowed to be taken with other allegiances outside GA:D 

it's one of the many many reason cause I say that that app is not to take serious. There are many other iusees about it.

There has not been changes, don't worry, except the FAQ that are crazed and biased about the deathmarch and FAQ and commentary crash against each other. Nothing else new anyway.

About allegiances other than GA:D about LooN:B you can find it on LoN:B pag. 60,  3° coloumns, Legions of Nagash, 5-8 lines:

"All units and warscroll battalions in your  army selected from this battletome gain that Keyword"

Nut in only works for the legions, not for soulblights fro example.

45 minutes ago, deynon said:

it's one of the many many reason cause I say that that app is not to take serious. There are many other iusees about it.

There has not been changes, don't worry, except the FAQ that are crazed and biased about the deathmarch and FAQ and commentary crash against each other. Nothing else new anyway.

About allegiances other than GA:D about LooN:B you can find it on LoN:B pag. 60,  3° coloumns, Legions of Nagash, 5-8 lines:

"All units and warscroll battalions in your  army selected from this battletome gain that Keyword"

Nut in only works for the legions, not for soulblights fro example.

Still I’m glad I can run it, it feels like it can be a strong Battalion because of the surprise factor.

i play a lot of Ironjawz and it’s very much like the Ironfist Battalion. People think you will be so slow but suddenly you can get a turn 1 charge and nobody expects that. 

With Soulblight I get 4” in the hero phase plus 8” in the movement phase with regular skeletons and grave guard, in addition to Black Knights going 4 then 14. 

With LoN I can drop my ambush as far back right next to the table edge and hope they try to approach me or ignore me and then I move 10” forward with GG and 16” with BK for a surprisingly quick hammer to my Skeleton block anvil. Unfortunately if Azyr is right the Skeletons aren’t included but since I can only take 1 Wight King due to points restrictions (or drop a Necromancer) it’s not a huge deal. My hammer will auto regenerate 1 unit regardless plus deathly invocations however. Not to mention if I set up any graveyards in their territory. 

But wasn’t the deathmarch rule that the units have to be wholly within ?9“? of the wightking? 

And for 160 points, I‘d rather bring a vampire Lord or an unit of vargheist... 

but if your plan is cogs and alpha strike those 4“ help. And don’t forget, destroyed summonable units can be raised back from a gravesite now...just throw them knights in there

21 minutes ago, Honk said:

But wasn’t the deathmarch rule that the units have to be wholly within ?9“? of the wightking? 

but if your plan is cogs and alpha strike those 4“ help. And don’t forget, destroyed summonable units can be raised back from a gravesite now...just throw them knights in there

Yes, but I can deploy up to three units in ambush with Legion of Night then drop them next to the enemies back line right at the edge of the table, so definitely more than 9 inches away. More than likely something like 15” I would guess. Then it’s possible my opponent may move to face this new threat: my hope is I deploy in such a way it is difficult for them to charge me or I get a double turn. Then I move in the hero phase and activate the command ability the Wight King then charge my units in. 

Unfortunately the rules specify it must be your general that uses the command ability to replenish slain units so I’ll need to either bring another WK or make my Necromancer the General since it’s entirely probable my alpha strike WK will die after the charge heh. 

Also it’s simply that they must be wholly within 12”, and with Legion of Night the ambushing units can be wholly within 6” of any edge of the battlefield but more than 9” from enemy models. 

I can’t quite fit Cogs into a 1,000 point list, unless I run 5 Grave Guard and 5 Black Knights or reduce my skeletons to less than 30 by 10... so it’s something I will experiment with. I still think the combination of LoN and Deathmarch combined will make for a surprisingly mobile army. 

The other option is Soulblight with Swift Bloodline for a simple +2 movement on top of Cogs to just get across the board asap. 

5 hours ago, Ravinsild said:

Still I’m glad I can run it, it feels like it can be a strong Battalion because of the surprise factor.

i play a lot of Ironjawz and it’s very much like the Ironfist Battalion. People think you will be so slow but suddenly you can get a turn 1 charge and nobody expects that. 

With Soulblight I get 4” in the hero phase plus 8” in the movement phase with regular skeletons and grave guard, in addition to Black Knights going 4 then 14. 

With LoN I can drop my ambush as far back right next to the table edge and hope they try to approach me or ignore me and then I move 10” forward with GG and 16” with BK for a surprisingly quick hammer to my Skeleton block anvil. Unfortunately if Azyr is right the Skeletons aren’t included but since I can only take 1 Wight King due to points restrictions (or drop a Necromancer) it’s not a huge deal. My hammer will auto regenerate 1 unit regardless plus deathly invocations however. Not to mention if I set up any graveyards in their territory. 

Soulblights can't use the Deathmarch warscroll battalion. There is a FAQ that let you use the specific warscroll battalions in a GA:D, but doesn't exist the opposit.

You can use Deathmarch in the other 4 LoN Legions cause the rule in the LoN:B only. Soulblight is not included.

How can you make the skeletons move 8" in the movement phase? They move 4". Anche the blackknight 12". You should remember that you can't use Swift Death with deathrattle units cause they are not Soulblight ones, so they can only be allied (and you couldn't play so anyway deathmarch with the soulblights once more).

The Necromancer too would be an ally...

The part about Azyr  I don't understand what you mean, but do you rememebr that you can use a  warscrooll battlaion only if all the basic unit in it are included right?

Soulblights doesn't have access to the graveyards

I think you messed up quite a lot of things.

2 minutes ago, Honk said:

No, it's within 9" in LoN:B, but changed in totally within 12" with the FAQ, saved the commentary thatt comes back to the 9" again, a bit messy^^

Deathmarch can be useful or not, depends on what you need. Remember that you gain an artifact and a CP using the warscroll battlaion, so it's like paying 50 about the CP, 50 about the artifact and 60 about the warscroll battalion itself. Obviously if you can't  use appropriately the warscroll battalion better pay the cp an artifact separateveely^^

About make them come back, you have anyway to use CP, have the general within 9" of a grave yeard and the graveyard has to be free in their center. So the  being alive of the general and it's position relatevely  to the graveyards count. Moreover it change where the graveyard is compared to the resurrection.

In some way the deathmarch is like having the wight king using another round of deathly invocation, and the knight are recovered without dice.

4 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

Yes, but I can deploy up to three units in ambush with Legion of Night then drop them next to the enemies back line right at the edge of the table, so definitely more than 9 inches away. More than likely something like 15” I would guess. Then it’s possible my opponent may move to face this new threat: my hope is I deploy in such a way it is difficult for them to charge me or I get a double turn. Then I move in the hero phase and activate the command ability the Wight King then charge my units in. 

Unfortunately the rules specify it must be your general that uses the command ability to replenish slain units so I’ll need to either bring another WK or make my Necromancer the General since it’s entirely probable my alpha strike WK will die after the charge heh. 

Also it’s simply that they must be wholly within 12”, and with Legion of Night the ambushing units can be wholly within 6” of any edge of the battlefield but more than 9” from enemy models. 

Weren't you playing soulblight allegiance? 

Remember that you have to be completely within 12", not within 9".

Errata Legions of Nagash, pag 1 , second coloumn:
Page 92 – Deathmarch, March of the Dead Change the rules text to: ‘At the start of your hero phase, each unit from this battalion wholly within 12" of the battalion’s Wight King and more than 3" from any enemy units can move 4". The units cannot run, or move within 3" of an enemy unit, and the distance to the Wight King must be measured before any of the moves are made.’

6 minutes ago, deynon said:

Soulblights can't use the Deathmarch warscroll battalion. There is a FAQ that let you use the specific warscroll battalions in a GA:D, but doesn't exist the opposit.

You can use Deathmarch in the other 4 LoN Legions cause the rule in the LoN:B only. Soulblight is not included.

How can you make the skeletons move 8" in the movement phase? They move 4". Anche the blackknight 12". You should remember that you can't use Swift Death with deathrattle units cause they are not Soulblight ones, so they can only be allied (and you couldn't play so anyway deathmarch with the soulblights once more).

The Necromancer too would be an ally...

The part about Azyr  I don't understand what you mean, but do you rememebr that you can use a  warscrooll battlaion only if all the basic unit in it are included right?

Soulblights doesn't have access to the graveyards

I think you messed up quite a lot of things.

No, it's within 9" in LoN:B, but changed in totally within 12" with the FAQ, saved the commentary thatt comes back to the 9" again, a bit messy^^

Deathmarch can be useful or not, depends on what you need. Remember that you gain an artifact and a CP using the warscroll battlaion, so it's like paying 50 about the CP, 50 about the artifact and 60 about the warscroll battalion itself. Obviously if you can't  use appropriately the warscroll battalion better pay the cp an artifact separateveely^^

About make them come back, you have anyway to use CP, have the general within 9" of a grave yeard and the graveyard has to be free in their center. So the  being alive of the general and it's position relatevely  to the graveyards count. Moreover it change where the graveyard is compared to the resurrection.

In some way the deathmarch is like having the wight king using another round of deathly invocation, and the knight are recovered without dice.

Weren't you playing soulblight allegiance? 

Remember that you have to be completely within 12", not within 9".

Errata Legions of Nagash, pag 1 , second coloumn:
Page 92 – Deathmarch, March of the Dead Change the rules text to: ‘At the start of your hero phase, each unit from this battalion wholly within 12" of the battalion’s Wight King and more than 3" from any enemy units can move 4". The units cannot run, or move within 3" of an enemy unit, and the distance to the Wight King must be measured before any of the moves are made.’

Well basically, under the circumstances in which I hypothetically could use Soulblight and the Deathmarch Battalion, with all the buffs I could move the Skeletons a total of 12” in this way: hero phase, wholly within 12” of a Wight King they can move 4”, then during the movement phase, assuming I had the Swift Bloodline and the Chronomatic Cogs spell cast successfully, they could move 4” base, +2” from Swift Bloodline, +2” from Chronomatic Cogs totalling 8”, or 12” of movement overall making for some very fast skeletons. 

Except apparently not, due to Soulblight being unable to take the Battalion and all that ally stuff, so that completely negated an idea or strategy I had. 

I don’t see any other way to give passive movement benefits to my Skeletons using LoN, LoB or LoS so I guess at best I can get 10” (4” from Deathmarch in hero phase, 4” base and 2” if I have Chronomatic Cogs successfully cast...) and also I’m not entirely certain Skeleton Warriors can even be included in the Battalion anymore. 

The Legion of Nagash Battletome states it must consist of 1 Wight King, 1 unit of Grave Guard, 1 unit of Black Knights and 3 units of Skeletons, however the Azyr app when you add the Battalion to your army looks like the attached picture... which is completely different from the Battletome and I can’t find the source where this change occured. 

So in the end it would appear as though LoN is the only viable option, or perhaps Sacrament... depending on magic focus or ambushing and combat focused. 

Soulblight seems off the table entirely. 

Most of my lists have been built around either Legion of Blood with Neferata or Legion of Night for the Raven Guard Strike From Shadows ability :P 

If I weren’t bad at modeling I would totally do like a joke 10 man Grave Guard Squad with Raven Guard transfer stickers from 40k on black painted Stormcast Eternals bodies painted black and white like Raven Guard but somehow with skeleton-like features so they would be a super elite Raven Guard-like Grave Guard Unit... but I don’t know how to skellify SCE :( 

517FC162-1F0D-402C-8C68-807E9C946AB4.png

F8305502-97A8-4E00-B822-D482BAE2397D.png

Soulblight allegiance cant let you play the deathmarch batttalion. You can't even include the deathrattle units in a soulblight army. Moreover you need oall the units written in the deathmarch to play that warscroll battalion, not only a part of it. And they will be anyway allies and you don't have so many ally points.

And anyway they would not beneefit from the battle traits from the soulblight armies that influence only Soulblight keyword units.

It doesn't work from the base, it's not even playable a list like the one that you use.

The skeletons MUSh be included in the battalion, it's not a doubt.

The azyr app is wrong. Another reason cause I refuse to use it as a referring.

Stormacast eternals are too big to be used as grave guards, but the idea can be done anyway, you can shift models to use as grave guards, Make skepyes the stormacast is really easy, once I should make a video about it.  You ******&past between a stormcast and a skeleton. it's preferred using the old ones cause they are more solid and a bit bigger than actual ones. Only the heads would be bettere the actual ones.

I really can realize a video about it. It should be quite interesting...

14 minutes ago, deynon said:

Soulblight allegiance cant let you play the deathmarch batttalion. You can't even include the deathrattle units in a soulblight army. Moreover you need oall the units written in the deathmarch to play that warscroll battalion, not only a part of it. And they will be anyway allies and you don't have so many ally points.

And anyway they would not beneefit from the battle traits from the soulblight armies that influence only Soulblight keyword units.

It doesn't work from the base, it's not even playable a list like the one that you use.

The skeletons MUSh be included in the battalion, it's not a doubt.

The azyr app is wrong. Another reason cause I refuse to use it as a referring.

Stormacast eternals are too big to be used as grave guards, but the idea can be done anyway, you can shift models to use as grave guards, Make skepyes the stormacast is really easy, once I should make a video about it.  You ******&past between a stormcast and a skeleton. it's preferred using the old ones cause they are more solid and a bit bigger than actual ones. Only the heads would be bettere the actual ones.

I really can realize a video about it. It should be quite interesting...

I know, I understood you when you said I couldn’t use Soulblight last time. You just asked how I could have moved my skeletons 8” during the movement phase and I explained a way I thought I could. I hadn’t really read in great detail all the Soulblight restrictions however. 

That said I can see 3 ways to play the Deathmarch Battalion. 

Way #1 is the Legion of Night, setting up all my Skeleton Warriors in my territory and trying to lure the enemy toward me, to benefit from my +1 save whilst wholly within my territory. Then ambushing from the flanks or their own territory my Wight King, unit of Black Knights and unit of Grave Guard with Two-handed Weapons, then in my hero phase move toward the enemy and in the subsequent movement and charge phases try to hit their support heroes or take out any stragglers holding an objective in their territory. 

Way #2 is more like a straight up Ironjawz Ironfist Battalion: Legion of Sacrament and just move everyone forward. Take the Master of Death command trait so that my units can move 7” in the hero phase and then 4-10 (GG, SW or BK) in movement +2 from Cogs. Take a Mortis Engine and gain +2 to cast on my Necromancers hopefully making Cogs easier to cast... once my units are in combat where I want them flip the switch for bonus spells so my necromancers can debuff and Vanhel’s Danse at the same time. 

Way #3 is a bit more of a grind... Grand Host of Nagash, using the re-roll failed charges command trait. The Allegiance abilities make the regeneration aspect of death and the Battalion even stronger.... it will be almost impossible to wipe units... they will continually respawn. They wont be as fast as LoN deep strike, or LoS pure movement, but they’ll also be a bit harder to kill in general and have more reliable charges. In addition if I run Morghasts, who won’t benefit from Deathmarch, but will be able to grant them more attacks. I could bring Arkhan for more spells or instead opt for a Vampire Lord to buff my Morghasts attacks further for a very killy and still pretty fast hard hitting unit. 

I am not sure which Legion matches this type of playstyle best. All of them have pros and cons. 

Grand Host is very tanky with more reliable charges, LoS makes it easier to cast Cogs first turn for bonus movement and is over land the fastest of them all, and LoN allows precision strikes with my hardest hitting units almost right where I want them... although the other two units can also simply use Graveyards and summon units from the Graveyard as well. There’s a lot of mobility choices. 

Archived