Nagash wins nova

CanHammer-darren

More like Grimghast Reapers won Nova...most every top death list has at least one block of them in it.I know,,I dropped my Morghasts and added a block of 20 to my Nagash list,,still couldnt make it out of the mid tables in my tournament last week,but thats probably because I should have dropped the VLOZD I run and added another 20-30 of them...either way,after having played my Nagash list since the new book has come out,im happy with an overall 66% win rate in competition.Time to give him a rest though,,getting bored with the way the army works,heh.

1 hour ago, Scythian said:

Wow, an 800 point god character won, lol. GW, do we see a pattern here? Glad to see Destruction was up there. 

When you have characters that are half an army or near half an army in pts you end up in a situation where they are either too expensive and suck or OP and dominate. Very little middle ground. Nagash has sucked before, he is now super strong. I'd hardly consider him unbeatable though. I think, as others have mentioned, that Reapers are the real problem. I wouldn't be surprised to see them get a pts bump prior to GH 2019 just to tone them down a bit. 

15 minutes ago, AverageBoss said:

Also worth noting that Nighthaunt, despite also having access to Grimghasts, did nowhere near as good (I believe their top list was 24th place, next was 50th).

Also there was another Legions list in the top 10 that had no Nagash, only 10 Grimghasts, and 25 Graveguard.

I think the availability of NH models has meant that it is unlikely that NH's full potential is in the hands of most players yet. Especially not in a tournament ready, fully painted, form.

GW finally got Myrmourn banshees back in stock like a week ago after they had been near impossible to get since launch.

Meanwhile, units like Harridans and Revenants only hit shelves a couple of weeks before the event.

This means anyone who was running them likely hasn't had a ton of time to really practice and get a good feel for how the army operates. NH doesn't have a ton of front load power so I think as people become better at learning to use the army it will climb the ranks a bit. That said, I'd be surprised if it starts dominating top tables at any point. 

4 hours ago, AverageBoss said:

Also worth noting that Nighthaunt, despite also having access to Grimghasts, did nowhere near as good (I believe their top list was 24th place, next was 50th).

Also there was another Legions list in the top 10 that had no Nagash, only 10 Grimghasts, and 25 Graveguard.

That was me! I know everyone says this, but I was SO close to getting wins on my 2 losses.  Had some luck go my way in other games, so can't complain! 

Slightly off topic, but I really enjoyed using the realms and having a "realm per day" helped me keep track of what spells / command ability I had access to. 

Life and Metal have some nice spells in them, and there were a few instances that a spell caught people off guard - like casting Transmutation at a 5 wound hero.

Archived