Decapitating blow

Dannathar

Question

The Bloodmaster, Herald of Khorne has the rule for roll a 6 or more to hit do mortal wound instead of normal damage.

What if his command trait is "immense power" adding one to dmg of the weapon.

If I read it correctly, do you then do 2 damage and then if you roll a 6 or more you do only one MW not 2?

6 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, Dannathar said:

The Bloodmaster, Herald of Khorne has the rule for roll a 6 or more to hit do mortal wound instead of normal damage.

What if his command trait is "immense power" adding one to dmg of the weapon.

If I read it correctly, do you then do 2 damage and then if you roll a 6 or more you do only one MW not 2?

You do 2 normal wounds, if you roll a 6+ you do a single mortal wound instead.

I just looked at the FAQ and have one more thing to add. the command trait Devastating blow which was until FAQ worded identical to Decapitating blow has been changed to mortal wounds = to damage. Why change one of 2 identical abilities? Further if I take devastating blow do both abilities work on a roll of a 6+ on the same swing?

1 hour ago, Dannathar said:

I just looked at the FAQ and have one more thing to add. the command trait Devastating blow which was until FAQ worded identical to Decapitating blow has been changed to mortal wounds = to damage. Why change one of 2 identical abilities? Further if I take devastating blow do both abilities work on a roll of a 6+ on the same swing?

No they don't - they're both absolute substitutions. They both replace your normal damage (although you get to pick which).

5 hours ago, Dannathar said:

I say change one so they are both different? Seems sensible enough to me :) 

and yes on the +1 damage on the regular hits and only 1 MW on the 6’s

Archived