Destruction Rumour Thread

Imperial

1 hour ago, michu said:

Then how do you explain Start collecting! Greenskinz?

To be fair if they are super stacked on stock that they want to get rid of that box is amazing for any players of the greener persuasion. It gives some good allies and more importantly has the two Greenskinz Warbosses who are the best Orruk Support hero in the game.

So essentially they are selling 3 old stock units, Orruks, Boarboys and Chariot on the back of the Greenskinz Warboss and the value over those items sold separately.

I know a SC:Greenskinz is next on my list once I've cleared my current, admittedly large, backlog.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

Very funny GW, making us think you care about Destruction! ?

WDPreviewNovember-Oct26-p88-89si.jpg

Honestly i'm just happy they'll be talking about the lore of destruction finally... Unless its just a fluff page repeating the same grandiose myths we've already been given xD.

36 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

Honestly i'm just happy they'll be talking about the lore of destruction finally... Unless its just a fluff page repeating the same grandiose myths we've already been given xD.

I'd be shocked if it's anything beyond "these big muscle dudes smash face"   ?   (unless they drop some more Moonclan hints)

8 minutes ago, Warboss Gorbolg said:

I'm taking the glass-half-full perspective that this at least demonstrates that GW is aware that Destruction has been languishing.

Feels more like they are taunting us.

"They surely are the mightiest of them all"

Cept for every other GA

1 hour ago, kenshin620 said:

I'd be shocked if it's anything beyond "these big muscle dudes smash face"   ?   (unless they drop some more Moonclan hints)

Please not this. I swear if all we get is "orruk casts fist" i'll die. You can tell good story with destruction if you just try xD

Bring back something like Eight Peaks. I loved the idea of grots invading from below, and lurking in the dark caves across the old world. Cunning but brutal is important, and so far neglected. If those moonclan rumors are true I'll be so pumped. Just give them a cool way to interact with the story and don't get too silly with them haha.

3 minutes ago, Marthen said:

So I just noticed they reboxed the standard Gutbusters ogres at my local store. The question is, does that mean anything that they have a proper AoS box now?

Probably not. They most likely ran out of stock and when they made more kits they also updated the box. They did the same thing to Dispossessed as well.

On 11/3/2018 at 9:55 PM, CaptainSoup said:

Probably not. They most likely ran out of stock and when they made more kits they also updated the box. They did the same thing to Dispossessed as well.

I'm trying to figure out what's the difference between a "proper AoS box" and an updated box? New boxes, AoS branding, round bases. what else is needed to be consider a proper AoS box?

18 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

I'm trying to figure out what's the difference between a "proper AoS box" and an updated box? New boxes, AoS branding, round bases. what else is needed to be consider a proper AoS box?

The box says Age of Sigmar and it has round bases in it.  "proper AoS box" and "updated box" are the same thing at the retail store. 

Most things are webstore only, and do not come in a retail box.  Some of these items have been in the retail store since AoS launch and have just been replaced, some never have been.   These items come in plain white boxes, and typically come with round bases (the website should tell you what base it comes with) 

When you see something previously on square bases taken off the website and brought back with updated pictures with round bases, and it's not webstore only, that means they reboxed it and you can find it through retail channels (at least for a while)

38 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

The box says Age of Sigmar and it has round bases in it.  "proper AoS box" and "updated box" are the same thing at the retail store. 

Most things are webstore only, and do not come in a retail box.  Some of these items have been in the retail store since AoS launch and have just been replaced, some never have been.   These items come in plain white boxes, and typically come with round bases (the website should tell you what base it comes with) 

When you see something previously on square bases taken off the website and brought back with updated pictures with round bases, and it's not webstore only, that means they reboxed it and you can find it through retail channels (at least for a while)

Right, I'm confused why @CaptainSoup answered that question as "Probably not". The Ogors definitely have a new box.

Archived