Destruction Rumour Thread

Imperial

Funny enough about the talk about greenskinz, a recent warhammer community article highlights lesser used heroes, one of which is the orruk warboss since he works with all orruks. (though bonesplitter and ironjaw players already know how good a support piece the normal warboss is!)

I really wish they'd change ironjawz to also work with all orruks, or at the very least greenskinz.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

Would be nice if they finally made a multi-kit Grot Artillery box, much like what they did for 40k orks. (as long as they don't make another Bubble Chucka....sheesh they really confused "Random=Fun"). Heck would also make a good box for 40k Snakebites artillery!

Yeah, I read the whole Snakebites thing as GW actively promoting the sale of Savage Orruk kits for 40K conversions :D

And anyone who has  BCR has plenty of good bits lying around, great for blinging up Battlewagons with Tusks and the like.

1 hour ago, tom_gore said:

My Ironjawz rarely go out without the Orruk Warboss with Great Waaaagh Banner riding his war boar with them.

Yeah it did make me laugh when they pulled that as the destruction "forgotten hero" like we know it's awesome but unlike the other GAs we don't have the points spare to take niceties. 

Sometime they remove model just before repack as well. In any case they are only used as allie right now, that should remain. 

Also the boar boyz and Orruk warboss are relativly recent model, there should be something to do with that? we'll have to wait...

10 hours ago, broche said:

Sometime they remove model just before repack as well. In any case they are only used as allie right now, that should remain. 

Also the boar boyz and Orruk warboss are relativly recent model, there should be something to do with that? we'll have to wait...

Actually the Orc Warboss was pretty old, I believe either at the release of 7th or some 7.5 update (notice how more static the boar is compared to the boar boyz).

I still think "normal" orruks should be the "marauders" in ironjawz but GW doesn't change keywords without a book update. Maybe they're waiting for an IJ 2.0 book.

3 hours ago, svnvaldez said:

My feeling is that if the model is plastic there rules will be updated eventually.

GW has shown to be merciless to even relatively new plastic models, even not counting bretonnia or tomb kings. Look at Chaos Forsaken which popped up in 8th edition.

And heck the only way to officially get Swordmasters is to get the old metal/resin ones, the plastic ones being locked away in the 8th edition starter set that only briefly got released for aos!

5 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

GW has shown to be merciless to even relatively new plastic models, even not counting bretonnia or tomb kings. Look at Chaos Forsaken which popped up in 8th edition.

And heck the only way to officially get Swordmasters is to get the old metal/resin ones, the plastic ones being locked away in the 8th edition starter set that only briefly got released for aos!

Now that you mention it, there is a plastic version of the Ork Deffcopter that existed in a box set that was not officially release any more. I don't think the Orruk are getting squatted anytime soon but I don't think GW have future plans for them either. Merging them with Ironjawz feel like it goes against their game design of being an Elite killing machine army even if it their mechanics are a bit weak right now.

• 1 month later...

There an interesting background excerpt  about the Grotbag Scuttlers in The Gloomspite Gitz battletome about them being a different subfaction of Grot who live in the mountain and have an aerial sky force. Solid rumor of them being a thing in the future

22 minutes ago, novakai said:

There an interesting background excerpt  about the Grotbag Scuttlers in The Gloomspite Gitz battletome about them being a different subfaction of Grot who live in the mountain and have an aerial sky force. Solid rumor of them being a thing in the future

That's the 2nd battletome that references them (KO mentioned them, and that is almost 2 years old).  Miniatures always come first a GW right? That suggests to me that at least some miniatures have been designed and it's only a matter of time!

3 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

I hope their design is more than just grots wearing pirate hats with sky boats... 😕

I wouldn't mind if they got a hold of black powder weapons, especially of the explosive kind. Maybe eeking into more techy side. I know thats starting to step on the toes of clan skryre, but I always liked the tech goblin archetype like in warcraft.

I mean it doesn't look too out of place in bloodbowl when they got chainsaws.

On the orruk front, I really hope Ironjawz have some way to have hordes. IF greenskinz aren't long for this world, I'd like some option for tides of armored orruks. Seems weird their official pictures have lots of brutes, but theres so little incentive to run them larger than 5.

Spoiler

johan-grenier-iron-jaws-vs-blood-bound-c

AoSFFIronjawz-May17-Brutes8x.jpg

orruks.jpg

ironjaws-3.jpg

AoSFFIronjawz-May17-Battleshot6k.jpg

Yes Bonesplitterz run lots of bodies, but I'm a fan of decently armored orruks with numbers. Even Ard Boyz are pretty pricey.

12 hours ago, sorokyl said:

That's the 2nd battletome that references them (KO mentioned them, and that is almost 2 years old).  Miniatures always come first a GW right? That suggests to me that at least some miniatures have been designed and it's only a matter of time!

Listen to the Nick Horth interview on Stormcast.  He mentions how the background writers seed things that can be returned to many years in the future, or possibly picked up as inspiration by the sculptors at a later date.  So I don't think this means that there are models at all, just that it's a potential source of inspiration in the future.

8 hours ago, BobbyB said:

Listen to the Nick Horth interview on Stormcast.  He mentions how the background writers seed things that can be returned to many years in the future, or possibly picked up as inspiration by the sculptors at a later date.  So I don't think this means that there are models at all, just that it's a potential source of inspiration in the future.

that true but the way the writers introduced them in the Gloomspite BT and how much information and context they put in these Grot made it sound like GW already are planning them as a new army, how far they are in the production or design stage is anyone's guess.

I posted somwhere before that there has also been various mentions of Ironjaws for some time Considering their Relatively small initial release and the fact that there was a mention of ROK boys that are even bigger and more armoured than brutes so they have at least one idea to play off for a new unit there. also seeing the New FEC vs Skyre box and if that leads to a new Battletome for each of those I could Certainly see Ironjaws getting a new Book later in the year, and Gorkamorka knows that they need it

My theory is that GW is finally getting around to pruning the store of models they don't intend to make books for(not to say the rules won't stay around or points won't stay in the GHB for the rest of 2nd ed at least) so they've cleared out the Gitmob grots and are doing the same for Greenskinz. Then once Ogors get some kind of combined book, all of destruction will be coverted by battletomes. Death already is covered. Chaos needs books for Skaven, StD, and Slaanesh and those books already factor pretty heaving into the rumor mill and it'll be about done save for a few random models. Order has some work to do with Aelves, Duardin and Humans, but  still doable with few books and probably a fair amount of spring cleaning among the Aelves especially.

27 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

Order has some work to do with Aelves, Duardin and Humans, but  still doable with few books and probably a fair amount of spring cleaning among the Aelves especially.

If I had to guess I would say that they get rid of those factions and introduce "Order Battletome: Great Cities" which covers the all the disparate order factions in a LoN style book. The Wraithfleet and Stoneklaws Gutstompas were essentially LoN and Gloomspite Gitz Trial runs.

If they do the same with some of the other Cities they could very easily cover all the older factions without having to do an "Aelves" or "Duardin" book which then suffers from the traditional problem those factions suffer with. As an example. Greywater Fastness with Dispossessed instead of Stormcast would give you a Shooting army which combines all the old shooting army types into a single allegiance, an allegiance where you could choose which type of Shooting army you want. Ironbreakers backed by Artillery pieces and Handgunners gives you the most static and traditional form of Gun-line, on the with the Wanderers units and mounted Free Peoples you could make a very fast shooty army which is almost the opposite of the Gunline.

So yeah, I expect there will be a Darkoath book which units Everchosen and Slaves to Darkness into a single book.
Skaven, which unites all the clans.
Great Cities, to unite the little Order factions.

Then from there we are onto new stuff.

Archived