Mind Bending Seraphon

Planar

Hello everyone,

Just finished one of the most exciting and mind bending games I have ever played in AoS. My Nighthaunt were facing the new Seraphons  in all their mega summoning majesty. It was a great game that lasted five full turns and was decided at the end of the fifth turn by a single failed charge roll. The difference in victory points was 19 to 20.

Fun apart, the new Seraphon sort of intimidated me! It was my first game against them and luckily for me I was facing a rather inexperienced player that made some tactical mistakes. I feel this is what kept me in the game. Over the course of the game my opponent managed to bring 600pt worth of summoning units. It was literally raining skinks on my objectives!  600 free points on a 1000 pt game is ...challenging :)

So, how do people deal with the Slaan starmasters? My opponent's  Slann if you managed to chew through his constantly replenishing bubblewrap of skins, could deflect wounds to another hero (eternity warden if i remember correctly?)  and if you managed to kill him he could come back on a 3+ . But before that when cornered he could simply teleport away to the other end of the table.

Can hardly imagine having a chance against a fully seasoned player. But there must be ways! There always are!

Please share your insights  and advice!

I cast Mindrazor on 10 and Sisters of Slaughter, have a Hag Queen give them witchbrew, then run and charge them at the Slann.

Summoning armies rely on specific heroes, and tend not to have particularly strong synergies in the army as an equivalent, non summoning army would. This means that you need to bring a solid army with optimized buffs do you can weather the storm of free, unbuffed units being summoned in. To beat summoning you need fast, cheap units that you can buff to maximise damage output so that you can one-shot their summoners. You need to find the best spells in your lore of magic. I think, if you can't give your army access to new praters/spells you will have a hard time dealing with summoning as you're just not getting the free tools that armies Daughters of Khaine or Idoneth Deepkin do with exclusive spell lores.

Archived