List ideas for the troggoth hag?

Lardidar

So I'm a little lost at the moment trying to find some love for an army and they always say go for a model that you love.

My maggotkin are coming on slowly but I think I'll always be destruction at heart, so I turn to you warlords of destruction...can she be used in a good army? Not looking to win any events but respectable games that are fun for both players.

I was thinking trolls, hag and some goblins at 1k...wondering about 2k and up. Maybe go for a 'thing found in caves' theme...spiders, trolls, squigs...

I'm rambling, any ideas?

Allegiance: Destruction
Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
Troggoth Hag (380)
- General
- Artefact: Miasmatic Blade 
Troggoth Hag (380)

Battleline
20 x Gitmob Grots (100)
- Bows & Slashas
20 x Gitmob Grots (100)
- Bows & Slashas

Endless Spells
Aethervoid Pendulum (40)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 72

At 1k. Features 2 hags who are both a nightmare to remove and the grots provide a nice battleline, not great but good for space coverage etc.

She seems like a great model to me! I’ll definitely add her eventually.

Gitmob archers with their shaman shooting at a unit that’s de-buffed by the hag spell seems amusing. -1 to being hit stacking with Moonclan nets seems fun too. 

Toss in a magma drake for 2k games and it seems like you have some top tier mixed destruction units 

That's excellent, thanks. Do you think 2k is possible...I'm now looking at two blocks of archers, maybe three hags and some wolves for objective grabbing. Hmm...I know it's not earth shattering but it's got me hyped and out of my hobby lull

EDIT:

Leaders
Gitmob Grot Shaman (80)
Troggoth Hag (380)
Troggoth Hag (380)

Battleline
60 x Gitmob Grots (270)
- Spears & Shields
20 x Gitmob Grots (100)
- Bows & Slashas
20 x Gitmob Grots (100)
- Bows & Slashas

Units
6 x Fellwater Troggoths (320)

Behemoths
Aleguzzler Gargant (160)
Aleguzzler Gargant (160)

Total: 1950 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 184

If you are running grots you want 1 unit of gitmob bows at 60. The 20s (and any others) should then be moonclan with spears. Maybe something like this

Spoiler

Leaders
Troggoth Hag (380)
Troggoth Hag (380)
Gitmob Grot Shaman (80)
- Mount: Giant Wolf
Arachnarok Spider With Grot Shaman (280)

Battleline
60 x Gitmob Grots (270)
- Bows & Slashas
20 x Moonclan Grots (130)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
12 x Ogors (400)
- Pairs of Ogor Clubs or Blades

Endless Spells
Aethervoid Pendulum (40)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 178

Gives you another spell caster, a unit of 20 grots and a big unit of 12 ogors just because.  Another option would be to add in some Orruks rather than the extra grots.

Spoiler

Leaders
Troggoth Hag (380)
Troggoth Hag (380)
Gitmob Grot Shaman (80)
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)

Battleline
60 x Gitmob Grots (270)
- Bows & Slashas
30 x Savage Orruks (300)
30 x Savage Orruks (300)

Behemoths
Aleguzzler Gargant (160)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Wounds: 234

This puts a massive number of wounds on the table and has a ton of threats. The weirdnob is just there to hug the Savage Orruks and attempt to throw out Foot of Gork every turn.

There are a lot of places you could go with this base for a list as realistically its on about 1.1k in points and just needs 2 battleline.

Spoiler

The base list

Leaders
Troggoth Hag (380)
Troggoth Hag (380)
Gitmob Grot Shaman (80)

Battleline
60 x Gitmob Grots (270)
- Spears & Shields

Total: 1110 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 17
Wounds: 96

Personally I would go for some big foot units as your second 2 battleline, bog the opponent down in a ton of hard to kill stuff with lots of wounds while you tank on objectives.  The most obvious Troll list is something like this and it really embraces the hag aspect of the list.

Spoiler

Leaders
Troggoth Hag (380)
Troggoth Hag (380)
Troggoth Hag (380)
Troggoth Hag (380)

Battleline
60 x Gitmob Grots (270)
- Bows & Slashas
20 x Gitmob Grots (100)
- Spears & Shields
20 x Gitmob Grots (100)
- Spears & Shields

Total: 1990 / 2000
Wounds: 164

What a fantastic write up, never expected such detail.

So you yourself would lean towards the savage orruk list? The gargant is an interesting choice...I have played against one twice recently, it was a boss game one and a total chump game two...I guess that is the fun of destruction though!

Thank you so much @Malakree ,  great information. Going to write some lore on a bickering troggoth hag sisters now!

15 minutes ago, Lardidar said:

What a fantastic write up, never expected such detail.

So you yourself would lean towards the savage orruk list? The gargant is an interesting choice...I have played against one twice recently, it was a boss game one and a total chump game two...I guess that is the fun of destruction though!

Thank you so much @Malakree ,  great information. Going to write some lore on a bickering troggoth hag sisters now!

It's not really that detailed ? mainly it's just me throwing idea around then trying to justify them.

Honestly any of the 3 are good and it would depend on how I was approaching the list. The last one is obviously how do i fit 4 hags into a list? 

The weirdnob came from trying to get two big tanky battleline units and with that many orruks a weirdnob is an auto-include for me because of foot of gork, it's such a giant threat and can just randomly win you games because Gork decides he hates that stardrake.

If I was going to seriously attempt a list it would, as I said, be 3 big battleline units, 1/2 hags then build around whatever my battleline are.

If I have 120 nightgobos and 60gitmob bows I'd try and fit two units of fanatics, a gitmob shaman and some artillery. 

Wow I was just playing around with lists and was thinking of posting something similar as a topic or in the Troggoth thread. How is something like this for 1250 pts? 2x Hags to make sure the debuff goes off + shaman buffing the bow Grots.

LEADERS

Troggoth Hag (380)

- General

- Command Trait : Bellowing Tyrant

- Artefact : Battle Brew or Rockeye or Miasmatic Blade

Troggoth Hag (380)

Gitmob Grot Shaman (80)

UNITS

60 x Gitmob Grots (270)

-Bows & Slashas

20 x Gitmob Grots (100)

-Spears & Shields

ENDLESS SPELLS

Aethervoid Pendulum (40) or other

TOTAL: 1250/1250    WOUNDS: 116

My other ideas for 1250 pts were:

a hag + fimir core for battleline + shamans

or

hagsx2 + orrukx2 battleline + fellwater troggoth + moonclan shaman.

Swampy list (non-competitive):

Troggoth Hag (380)
Fimirach Noble (140)
- General
3 x Fellwater Troggoths (160)
3 x Fellwater Troggoths (160)
3 x Sourbreath Troggoths (160)
6 x Fimir Warriors (280)
3 x Fimir Warriors (140)
3 x Fimir Warriors (140)
Merwyrm (260)
Basilisk (160)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 129

PS: Fimir Warriors are "Battleline if..." now, so I guess Warscroll Builder hasn't been updated yet.

I posted something similar to a lot of these lists in the general destruction forum a while back with the troggoth, gitmob shaman, 60 gitmob being one of three cores in the army.  2x20 m.c. grots for -1 hit,  m.c. shamans casting palisade and geminids for two more - hit and possibly shackles to further funnel action in on a few behemoths that are impossible to hit.

Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
Troggoth Hag (380)
- General
- Artefact: Miasmatic Blade 
Troggoth Hag (380)
Gitmob Grot Shaman (80)
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)

Battleline
60 x Gitmob Grots (270)
- Bows & Slashas
30 x Savage Orruks (300)
60 x Moonclan Grots (360)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields

Units
3 x Grot Fanatics (100)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 225

Taking a little from what @Malakree advised...got some very old goblin archers on the way to start this up.

Archived