Wrath and Rapture

1 hour ago, Overread said:

They look a little angular, but overall look good - I think that its their box like jaws (which isn't bad on a powerful hound). Certainly the claws look better (one downside is how thick some of the claws are on griff hounds)

Never underestimate the power of the paint studio  to make something look dire or not ax amazing as it can be. :)

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends how her magic and influence works. She might have straight spells or could have things like how Daughters of Khaine have prayers; ergo abilities that function just like spells, but can't be dispelled by the opponent. That can bring risk for the caster with a failed cast, but at the same time can make for some abilities that are more reliable. 

7 hours ago, Souleater said:

Of course, we could equally flip that around and ask if they would put a bunch of anti-magic Bib Dogs into a box that doesn't have anything dispel?

because new toys! YAY :D

The social media posta going up on insta and FB by the team hint at some changes in the rules set for them so it'll be interesting to see the interplay between the two factions.

If nothing else, they should have some special tricks to pull out exclusively for each other's armies like they used to in the original Slaves to Darkness book as they are anathama to each other.  Also aren't heralds of Slaanesh spell casters by default?

Perhaps the harp is a ranged weapon as it said with "sonic waves" - and as we all know anything that slows down and delays a khorne army from getting into pile range is a dangerous thing.

5 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Also aren't heralds of Slaanesh spell casters by default?

New ones don’t necessarily have to be (see Sloppity Bilepiper and Spoilpox Scrivener).

Edit: actually the original Nurgle Herald (Poxbringer) only became a spellcaster after the Maggotkin battletome came out, not sure what will happen this time.

Bib Dogs. Bib Hounds.

Why, oh why, do we, as a community, feel the need to insult and/or disregard the creative efforts of the designers whose work we ostensibly enjoy?

Is it really that hard to call them by their actual name?

I mean, I know Hearthstone players are notorious for being uberlazy ego-nerds, but aren't we a better group than they are?

(For the record, I play Hearthstone, but refuse to call, for example, a Warlock deck that focuses on achieving the Nether Portal quest something as lazy and dumb as 'Questlock.')

Also, get off my lawn.

think how many people get given a few bob off their family at Christmas though. good to have something fresh to suck up that cash whilst people are sat around bored with nothing to do after the big day except for slowly digesting disgusting amounts of food like a festive Slaanesh.

especially something like this set that has a much larger potential audience than something that's tied to one army (and indeed game).

@Sleboda As a grown man who pushes toy soldiers around a table I am not better than somebody who uses electronic toys. 😁

I like the new Flesh Hounds. In my thirty years of using them they are the best incarnation. 

However, I still find Bib Hounds to be funny, and I thank #legendsofthepaintymen for coming up with that.

Maybe it is what my Daemonettes call them...😉

4 hours ago, JPjr said:

think how many people get given a few bob off their family at Christmas though. good to have something fresh to suck up that cash whilst people are sat around bored with nothing to do after the big day except for slowly digesting disgusting amounts of food like a festive Slaanesh.

especially something like this set that has a much larger potential audience than something that's tied to one army (and indeed game).

absolutely, I'm getting one for each foot. :)

digesting like a festive slaanesh.. now that's reet funny that is :)

18 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Bib Dogs. Bib Hounds.

Why, oh why, do we, as a community, feel the need to insult and/or disregard the creative efforts of the designers whose work we ostensibly enjoy?

Is it really that hard to call them by their actual name?

I mean, I know Hearthstone players are notorious for being uberlazy ego-nerds, but aren't we a better group than they are?

(For the record, I play Hearthstone, but refuse to call, for example, a Warlock deck that focuses on achieving the Nether Portal quest something as lazy and dumb as 'Questlock.')

Also, get off my lawn.

Nick names which are shorter and or more „telling“ of what the unit does are neither immature nor childish they‘re disrespectful at the worst.

Let people call them what they want to call them it won‘t change anything about the models.

As a Model-Designer and 3D Modeller myself I‘d take the nick name as critique and therefor strife to be better. So no reason to be angry, disappointed or anything really.

7 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

95 pounds uk, or soulwars starter set price 🙂

NZ price gouge though... Soul Wars is currently $250 here now, but I seem to remember it being like 330 on release for us. ☹

If it's 95bp it should be 175nzd + shipping, but will probably be 175 + 25% at least instead.

All good. I'm halving one with a friend of Khorne, so it'll still be less that a SC! box.

Archived