Wrath and Rapture

6 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Yeah, exactly that. There's little worse in the hobby than having a cool model barely see tabletop time because of its rules.

yeah absolutely, Nurgle players have both the best and more useless models ever manufactured, the slopitty and scrivener heralds and the beast of Nurgle

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a Khorne player, the only thing I really wanto to say is, that hopefully they will rework Khorne. Maybe even with this release, hopefully they get the army right now.

Otherwise it's just another "Oh hey, let's beat the ****** out of Khorne again here." army box.

54 minutes ago, Carnivore said:

As a Khorne player, the only thing I really wanto to say is, that hopefully they will rework Khorne. Maybe even with this release, hopefully they get the army right now.

Otherwise it's just another "Oh hey, let's beat the ****** out of Khorne again here." army box.

What would you like changing for Khorne? They seem pretty strong. Unless you mean the narrative, in which case Khorne tends to beat Slaanesh. 

On 11/29/2018 at 12:16 AM, Enoby said:

The one thing I do worry about is that we'll get a boring ability on the herald (like -1 bravery). For such a cool model, it needs fitting and interesting abilities. I would really like siren-like abilities.

Wouldn't surprise me if it had an ability like the old Siren Song making a unit have to move towards it. There used to be a spell that did something similar but I can't remember the name of it.

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

What would you like changing for Khorne? They seem pretty strong. Unless you mean the narrative, in which case Khorne tends to beat Slaanesh. 

It really comes down to the point value of several units, at least IMO.

Compared to units of other armies, some of the horne units seem to be a little too expensive, as far as I would say.
That's units like:

Blood Warriors
Bloodcrushers
Bloodletters

How do I get to that conclusion? Well, I really like to compare the unts with other factions. Let's take an example:

10 Blood Warriors 200 pts.
10 Sequitors              240 pts.

Of course, there is a difference of 40 points. But in comparison to the Sequitors, the Blood Warriors just are too expensive. Yes, it comes down to different buffs and synergies, but even there it is much easier to buff the Sequitors, than to bring the Blood Warriors to a comparable level.
That 10 men group of Sequitors have 4 hammers...and the basic stats are just much better.

How could that happen?
Only with that new summon BT chart, that was added for Khorne, I still don't see Khorne to be that kind of a deal in any way.

Others just become so much better and better, but Khorne just says the same.
Also I am forced to use demons now...that's not really what I wanted my army to be in the first place, but as it seems, the demons are much better due to point cost and the output they can manage to do.

I might be a little egoistic there, but that's what I see a lot of times playing.

45 minutes ago, firebat said:

Wouldn't surprise me if it had an ability like the old Siren Song making a unit have to move towards it. There used to be a spell that did something similar but I can't remember the name of it.

7th ed DOC wfb book magic item.

Khorne is not bad, it's just not good compared to newer battletomes and struggles more and more against these due to being rather one-dimensional. (nerfing the competitive units and battalions did the rest, while mortals remain lackluster)

The biggest thing we can hope for is a new warscroll for Bloodcrushers and maybe Karanak and that's being really optimistic.

I've made my peace with my Khorne army and will be ready 2020 when the battletome is revisited, right after SCE v5.

(ok, the last part was a bit salty :D)

2 hours ago, Carnivore said:

It really comes down to the point value of several units, at least IMO.

Compared to units of other armies, some of the horne units seem to be a little too expensive, as far as I would say.
That's units like:

Blood Warriors
Bloodcrushers
Bloodletters

How do I get to that conclusion? Well, I really like to compare the unts with other factions. Let's take an example:

10 Blood Warriors 200 pts.
10 Sequitors              240 pts.

Of course, there is a difference of 40 points. But in comparison to the Sequitors, the Blood Warriors just are too expensive. Yes, it comes down to different buffs and synergies, but even there it is much easier to buff the Sequitors, than to bring the Blood Warriors to a comparable level.
That 10 men group of Sequitors have 4 hammers...and the basic stats are just much better.

How could that happen?
Only with that new summon BT chart, that was added for Khorne, I still don't see Khorne to be that kind of a deal in any way.

Others just become so much better and better, but Khorne just says the same.
Also I am forced to use demons now...that's not really what I wanted my army to be in the first place, but as it seems, the demons are much better due to point cost and the output they can manage to do.

I might be a little egoistic there, but that's what I see a lot of times playing.

I think when it comes to the comparison to sequitors, it is the sequitors that are under pointed compared to most stuff in the game, not just bloodwarriors! 

Having so many hammers in a 10 man unit is just insane... 

8 hours ago, Enoby said:

Anyone reckon there'll be a rules change for Karanak? He seems good at the moment, but it feels his attacks would be underwhelming for his new model. Maybe he'll finally have three bite attacks!

I really hope they do give him the third attack for his bite. 

I don’t even mind if they reduce his claw attacks to balance it out but he has three heads not two 😀

I’m not sure they will give him a new Warscroll though, other than including the updated text from the GHB 2018.

11 hours ago, Xasz said:

Khorne is not bad, it's just not good compared to newer battletomes and struggles more and more against these due to being rather one-dimensional. (nerfing the competitive units and battalions did the rest, while mortals remain lackluster)

I suggest, that might be the problem with my army so far. I do not have any demon at all, as I wanted to play the non demonic army 100%.

But, as it seems, there is no way around demon units.

Maybe I am going with a Karanak doggy spam list, that only consists of

Karanak as General
Flesh hounds
Slaughterpriests, that generate BT points
Ungors, to sacrifice ( I suggest they are the cheepest unit in the Chaos faction, right? 9)

And with the BT points I would just bring new doggies over and over again, might be pretty annoying for the other player^^

I think I would start another topic today, to generate a new list, that might be more competetive, than mine is right now.

59 minutes ago, Carnivore said:

I suggest, that might be the problem with my army so far. I do not have any demon at all, as I wanted to play the non demonic army 100%.

But, as it seems, there is no way around demon units.

Maybe I am going with a Karanak doggy spam list, that only consists of

Karanak as General
Flesh hounds
Slaughterpriests, that generate BT points
Ungors, to sacrifice ( I suggest they are the cheepest unit in the Chaos faction, right? 9)

And with the BT points I would just bring new doggies over and over again, might be pretty annoying for the other player^^

I think I would start another topic today, to generate a new list, that might be more competetive, than mine is right now.

be mindful that the blood tithe is generated in a KHORNE army.  The ungors will need to be part of a Khorne army as part of the brass bull batallion or whatever it's called in beasts of chaos in order to get the khorne keyword  for the priests blood blessings to work - as they must be a KHORNE unit.

However if you ally them in you can just throw them at an enemy but the whole unit needs to be wiped out for the tithe point.

By contrast the slaanesh mob will be hunting lots of  multi would things to generate their depravity points from as the last thing they want is things dying on them before they've summoned their big stuff!

My khorne war mammoth is a depravity point hunter's birthday come early - mammoths, the pain that just keeps on giving.

The seeker unit trait from GHB is very interesting - it's making slaanesh armies very fast, 18" hellstriders / 16" seekers / 14" marauder horsemen anyone?

9 hours ago, Souleater said:

I want to build a dual AoS/40k daemon host running Khorne and Slaanesh.

Obviously I will be picking up two W&R boxes.

Would an SC! of both gods be a good investment?  

Isn't that blasphemy?! 😅

I don't know about the Khorne SC!, but the Slaanesh one is amazingly versatile in what you can build out of it, and unlike most of the SC! boxes I've picked up since I started playing, none of the units are bad on the table (i swear some of those boxes exist solely to move models no one ever uses).

Groovy. Just in time for Christmas. Ah, if only this had happened in the 80's we could have had tones of free publicilty..

"Cult British company unveils DEMON toys for Christmas! '

I am hoping the 360s of the Bib Hounds look better. I loved the two plastic ones we have had so far but these ones seem a touch more angular?

Archived