Wrath and Rapture

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is the general consensus that W&R will essentially just be a box of models with some fluff or is it going to also be some kind of Speed Freaks/IK:Renegade standalone game? I can totally see them bundling it with some kind of paper thin Realm of Chaos based daemon on daemon battle Royale game.

I've a feeling it will be like the Necron VS Admech boxed set, so a bit of a themed battle setup, but otherwise running off the core rules instead of being like Speed Freaks which is a separate game. It's how they did it for both Admech and Necrons in releasing new models and giving a bit of a twist and promotional period. Then given a few months down the line we should see the hounds and heroes released as individual models for sale

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

I just hope that karanak is as big compared to a flesh hound as the box art suggests., as opposed to the false scale that the castellated imperial knights fooled everyone into believing they were buying.

i hope he’s bigger than a juggernaut or gore beast   😊

It's difficult to tell from the boxart, but this might help:

FB_IMG_1543100648219.jpg

15 hours ago, The Mysterious Mr B said:

I tried pausing on that exact shot myself but couldn't get a clear frame. Anyone with good eyesight/technological know-how able to tell us what some of the smaller writing says?

The bit above the model on the left is your generic “Realm of Chaos is a terrible place”, “It’s Khorne vs Slaanesh” story bits they usually have.

That Slaanesh harp player isn’t just a Herald though.

4 minutes ago, Waiyuren said:

I really like that braid, it says to me that this herald is more regal and refined than a regular murder-frenzy herald; she likes to take her time. 😅

Must be a nightmare to braid your hair when you and your friends all have crab claws :(

20 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Must be a nightmare to braid your hair when you and your friends all have crab claws :(

This is where the Chaos Inc. Skill Exchange program comes in. Each month new exchange students swap over from key areas in order to share skills and understanding. Slaanesh sends for clawed beasties to aid in the peanut shelling corporations and in return hair dresses head down in to the dark realms of Chaos to braid and perform much needed hair treatments (all that heat dries out hair!) 

Hair dressers can then wear a badge of honour that they were trained and served in the depths of Chaos Realms. Thus gifting them with a silver tongue that can charm any seated patron and ensure that no hair challenge is beyond them. When you've dealt with fiends trying to lick your ear and hair trying to tangle and embrace you, any split ends or chewing gum stuck in hair is a breeze! 

2 hours ago, will pollock said:

Do you all think that they will change bloodletters to unmodified 6 to hit cause mortal wounds?

Really hope not because my army revolves around buffing bloodletters to abusing mortal wounds.

I do think thats The change  coming for a lot of factions. Daemonettes as well. Or seriously reduced options to get the +1

22 hours ago, Overread said:

The original Karnark isn't huge. He fits well into the 3headed hound size rather than "small pony dog or large horse dog" sizes. The new one looks to be of similar size to the metal/resin 

I hope he’s an appropriately awesomly larger scale.  Id be dissapointed if he was the same size as a normal hound.

from the pic above I’m hopeful :)

14 hours ago, Overread said:

This is where the Chaos Inc. Skill Exchange program comes in. Each month new exchange students swap over from key areas in order to share skills and understanding. Slaanesh sends for clawed beasties to aid in the peanut shelling corporations and in return hair dresses head down in to the dark realms of Chaos to braid and perform much needed hair treatments (all that heat dries out hair!) 

Hair dressers can then wear a badge of honour that they were trained and served in the depths of Chaos Realms. Thus gifting them with a silver tongue that can charm any seated patron and ensure that no hair challenge is beyond them. When you've dealt with fiends trying to lick your ear and hair trying to tangle and embrace you, any split ends or chewing gum stuck in hair is a breeze! 

Would you believe I actually have vague memories from epic 40k fluff, of the handmaidens of Slaanesh having hairstyling as one of their skillsets? 😆

Seriously though, I've always wondered about the claws; I have a head-canon theory that Daemonettes can physically alter their own bodies for whatever task they've been given, because otherwise how do they do, well, anything really?! 😅

Archived