Wrath and Rapture

43 minutes ago, Enoby said:

It's difficult to tell, but the rumour monger who mentioned it was a Slaanesh herald harpist when the rumour engine came out also mention that the harp would be dug into the back of someone or something.

That's what it looks like in the artwork. its in the background but the "harp" definitely looks like it's part of something. We could be wrong though.

39 minutes ago, Bjornas said:

Please dear Chaos gods, and Santa, and GW, do not include any useless Bloodcrushers in the box...

37 minutes ago, will pollock said:

@Bjornas

bloodcrushers are in the box....

They're on the cover and the teaser video, forgone conclusion.  Who knows you might even get a herald on juggernaut. As Will said, we're getting them.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

Bloodcrushers might be getting new rules

as will KarensRack hopefully.

Plastic skulltaker perhaps?

I do hope that Khorne daemons get a new unit or two to make their armies a bit more varied as compared to the other four gods  they have greater / lesser and then the crushers and the Khorne Orange county chopper monstrosity.  Whichever way, I'm looking forward to it.

Im stating to think we will get a good slaanesh daemons release including a new keeper of secrets, maybe leading into a emporers children/fulgrim release.

Im a little concerned we wont see a aos mortal release for slaanesh like we have for the other three now? What do you all think, other than noise terminators and noise havocs, mortal slaanesh is the big slaanesh thing i wanted to see most, really interested to see what GW would do with them!

4 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

as will KarensRack hopefully.

Plastic skulltaker perhaps?

I do hope that Khorne daemons get a new unit or two to make their armies a bit more varied as compared to the other four gods  they have greater / lesser and then the crushers and the Khorne Orange county chopper monstrosity.  Whichever way, I'm looking forward to it.

They have the canon too, mind you its still technically bloodletters, but Khorne and Slaanesh could both do with another daemon type for variety, txeentch have flamers and the brimstone horrors  as the oddball unit, Nurgle Have the nurglings and beast of nurgle. And each god has the lesser, greater and beast type. Khorne could most defintley do with either a big beasty or berzerker type unit, maybe a solo monster.  All Slaanesh really needs is that mount from the Slaanesh lord made into a kit like the Beast of Nurgle.

2 hours ago, CDM said:

Im stating to think we will get a good slaanesh daemons release including a new keeper of secrets, maybe leading into a emporers children/fulgrim release.

Im a little concerned we wont see a aos mortal release for slaanesh like we have for the other three now? What do you all think, other than noise terminators and noise havocs, mortal slaanesh is the big slaanesh thing i wanted to see most, really interested to see what GW would do with them!

Concerned based on what, though?

I know fiends are often considered not great and so have a chance of getting better rules, but what about Flesh Hounds and Karanak? Do people use them or are they also not great. Just wondering if they're likely to get new rules with this box set too.

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

I know fiends are often considered not great and so have a chance of getting better rules, but what about Flesh Hounds and Karanak? Do people use them or are they also not great. Just wondering if they're likely to get new rules with this box set too.

I really like flesh hounds. Haven't tried Karanak yet but he became really popular after 2.0 because he costs 90 pts and can summon a unit of flesh hounds for free (they cost 100 pts).

The ability to unbind and do d3 mortal wounds to wizards sounds really nice as well.

1 hour ago, Mikeymajq said:

I really like flesh hounds. Haven't tried Karanak yet but he became really popular after 2.0 because he costs 90 pts and can summon a unit of flesh hounds for free (they cost 100 pts).

The ability to unbind and do d3 mortal wounds to wizards sounds really nice as well.

Getting the free Flesh hounds is harder than it sounds. As the prey you choose after deployment has to be within 8” of Karanak at the start of his Hero phase, they usually have a chance to run away (which to be fair fits with the theme of the rule)

9 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Serves wizards right. Tricksy magic users.

looking back through my realm of chaos ; slaves to darkness book a khorne army was a wizards worst nightmare!

Ah, those sweet times, were playing mono-khorne wasn't a stupid idea.....

It kept on for a while after StD and it was wonderful.  I'll never forget the faces when you told, that each and every unit had a Mark of Khorne - and thus gave you an additional disspell dice, plus all champions had a collar, adding to your disspell role. The realisation that magic was essentially gone - PRICELESS.

But than they brought along wizHammer and all changed....

1 hour ago, youngSkywalker said:

Ah, those sweet times, were playing mono-khorne wasn't a stupid idea.....

It kept on for a while after StD and it was wonderful.  I'll never forget the faces when you told, that each and every unit had a Mark of Khorne - and thus gave you an additional disspell dice, plus all champions had a collar, adding to your disspell role. The realisation that magic was essentially gone - PRICELESS.

But than they brought along wizHammer and all changed....

Yes, to shut down a whole magic phase,  and if that wasn't boiling their blood enough, then you got lucky on the chaos gifts reward table for the unit and they got technology and had bolt guns. brilliant. (khorne couldn't give you magic, but he sure could make sure you could kill a magic user at range!)

From the slaanesh side of course, they were properly scary too - the damage their pleasure spells did to khorne units was massive.

All greater daemons were just terrifying even the ones bound into weapons.

I'm really looking forward to this release. :)

Assuming the three headed dog is Karanak (who remains a named character), do you reckon that the harpist will also be a named character? I kind of hope not (as if she's a wizard then I'd like to be able to take more than one of him), but Blightwar also featured two named characters so she might be named as well.

11 hours ago, Enoby said:

Assuming the three headed dog is Karanak (who remains a named character), do you reckon that the harpist will also be a named character? I kind of hope not (as if she's a wizard then I'd like to be able to take more than one of him), but Blightwar also featured two named characters so she might be named as well.

I feel like it makes sense for them both to be named, it would feel weird if one side had a named hero and the other just had regular units. No way to know for sure though!

41 minutes ago, Euphanism said:

I feel like it makes sense for them both to be named, it would feel weird if one side had a named hero and the other just had regular units. No way to know for sure though!

That's a good point. Makes me wonder what it could be - Slaanesh only has one named daemon herald at the moment,  and this model is unlikely to be the Masque, so it's probably a new character. Wonder if it will have some lore implication, or if it'll be more of a Gavriel Sureheart situation. Either way, looking forward to the reveal!

I'd wager is a new hero herald at worst; at best its a new duel kit herald with options to make a specific named hero. Slaanesh needs fleshing out and adding new named heroes is a great way to add some meat to the bones. Then we can look forward to an epic new Greater Demon next year (which will likely be like most of the other kits - able to be built into several forms including at least one named hero version). 

18 minutes ago, izirath said:

So what do we think, Wrath and Rapture up on this Sunday's "next week" article? 

I hope so, but I feel it may be coming a bit later. I think after Blackstone Fortress (when is that coming out, by the way)?

Possible, I do think Wrath and Rapture has a strong chance of releasing this year and we are steadily running out of weeks. That said Blackstone is setting up to be a big release for GW and they are giving it a 2 week pre-order period, which often means a week left out of regular pre-orders. So it might be next Sunday rather than this Sunday.

Not forgetting that Delaque have been fully previewed for Necromunda and Chapter Approved 2018 is coming as well as at least one week where they release the Christmas bundle boxes. So that's quite a few things to come. 

28 minutes ago, izirath said:

So what do we think, Wrath and Rapture up on this Sunday's "next week" article? 

I don't think it's going to happen but recently I have constantly been surprised by GW with what they seem to shoehorn in. For me, Wrath and Rapture will be next year, as I'm expecting the first quarter of 2019 to be very Age of Sigmar weighted (Moonclan!) before GW switches over to doing the next stage of the Vigilus Story in 40K. For the rest of this year, I'm expecting it to be dominated with Blackstone Fortress, Chapter Approved and the Christmas Boxed sets. 

But I've been wrong before about this sort of thing ;) 

Perhaps you guys are right, which is a shame. I feel like all of October has been 40k and if Blackstone is such a big release it takes up most of the remaining year I'm really let down. Feels like AoS is taking a major backseat. Makes sense since 40k is so much bigger. Well whenever it shows up I'm excited for it! 

2 hours ago, izirath said:

Perhaps you guys are right, which is a shame. I feel like all of October has been 40k and if Blackstone is such a big release it takes up most of the remaining year I'm really let down. Feels like AoS is taking a major backseat. Makes sense since 40k is so much bigger. Well whenever it shows up I'm excited for it! 

I feel (but don't have much to back this up) that we'll see W&R this year as they tend to announced things no more than three months before the actual release (afaik). W&R was announced two months ago, so late November early December seems about right for a release. 

Archived