Wrath and Rapture

The Chaos Gods made Plastic would be all kinds of broken. We are talking about putting something down that would make an Imperator in 40K look tiny and pitiful all at once! Even Sigmar would be utterly broken although he's got more chance of having some kind of limited edition model released for him.

I also agree that the Gods just don't belong on the battlefield as we play them; they are vast powers that can sweep away whole armies; summon legions of demons; corrupt whole worlds and realms.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Overread said:

The Chaos Gods made Plastic would be all kinds of broken. We are talking about putting something down that would make an Imperator in 40K look tiny and pitiful all at once! Even Sigmar would be utterly broken although he's got more chance of having some kind of limited edition model released for him.

I also agree that the Gods just don't belong on the battlefield as we play them; they are vast powers that can sweep away whole armies; summon legions of demons; corrupt whole worlds and realms.

Plus while one could argue "what about Nagash", remember that even in early warhammer Nagash has had a model so I think he was always kind of intended to pal around the table. He may be a god, but he isn't a planet sized god!

Heck I am actually a bit glad they did the great Necron Retcon simply because they wouldn't feel pressured to introduce the Void Dragon (who also may or may not be the Omnissiah so that would royally shake up the fluff if he awakened).

On 8/30/2018 at 3:22 AM, Enoby said:

Really excited for this!

That said, I agree with @Overread in that I though Slaanesh would be more involved with aelves rather than Khorne. Not that it doesn't have a longstanding hatred of Khorne, but rather the narrative seems to be much more geared towards fighting the aelves in the realm of shadow. Maybe the mortals are in the realm of shadow, and the daemons are trying to defend their weakened home turf.  

I just came here to have a good time and I’m feeling really attacked right now :(

On 8/31/2018 at 12:40 AM, Enoby said:

Do people reckon this box will be Blightwar size? Any guesses at how many new models will be in the set (I'm guessing about 1-2 each)?  

I reckon it will be the new Blightwar. Hoping for unique hero characters.

I hope Slannesh doesn't get released. It's much more interesting for the narrative that way. Her followers can endlessly quest looking for her and it gives the army something to further differentiate it from the other followers of Chaos, a good move I think. Also we don't know the current state of Slannesh in 40k. This book could introduce some interesting Lore on what happened to her post the galaxy splitting in half. Maybe somehow she is imprisoned there too... That would be an excellent twist.

16 minutes ago, Redmanphill said:

I hope Slannesh doesn't get released. It's much more interesting for the narrative that way. Her followers can endlessly quest looking for her and it gives the army something to further differentiate it from the other followers of Chaos, a good move I think. Also we don't know the current state of Slannesh in 40k. This book could introduce some interesting Lore on what happened to her post the galaxy splitting in half. Maybe somehow she is imprisoned there too... That would be an excellent twist.

To be fair about 40k, at least you have the Emperor's Children legion (including the memey Doomrider) to spearhead the narrative.

AoS doesn't really have any well known named warbands or characters, other than Sigvald who isn't around (yet), to move around the fluff.

24 minutes ago, Redmanphill said:

As long as GW still releases new models for KoS, Masque and Fiends (and mortal warriors) ?

But i think the whole narrative would make huge step with the story arc about releasing Slaanesh and following his fight/Vendetta in the chaos pantheon and versus the aelves. Looks way better than some seekers trying to find him!

46 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

AoS doesn't really have any well known named warbands or characters, other than Sigvald who isn't around (yet), to move around the fluff.

Well then the narrative space is wide open for them to create some interesting characters, that's much more interesting for me to read about than the usual internecine warfare of Chaos. 

I don't think that the excisting Slaanesh plastics will be redone. Afterall they need something to put in Blightwaresque box.

I am hoping for atleast a mortal unit based on Sigvald the magnificent ala 30K EC Palantine blades + ofcourse a re-done of metal / finecast in plastic.

I would prefer that Slaanesh stays imprisoned, it’s a fantastic piece of background. It could be used for a few years as the Seekers of Slaanesh get closer and closer to finding him/her and then.......

Slaanesh being imprisoned in no way precludes model releases or background advancement  either. We could have power struggles as the Keepers of Secret fight to ascend to true godhood and replace Slaanesh while the Seekers chase down every lead in the Mortal Realms.

2 hours ago, Aspirant Snaeper said:

I had a bizarre nightmare. One of the first to ever include Warhammer in it. 

It involved this boxed set being revealed to include an entire re-release of classic Resin sculpts of Khorne and Slaanesh models. 

The horror I felt was palpable. 

I can't help but imagine what the community's reaction would be if this boxset has resin models in. 

But why stop your nightmare there? What if there was no plastic keeper of secrets? What if the new keeper of secrets was two of the finecast ones in a trenchcoat? What if it was plastic, but somehow looked worse? The horror never ends.

1 minute ago, Enoby said:

I can't help but imagine what the community's reaction would be if this boxset has resin models in. 

But why stop your nightmare there? What if there was no plastic keeper of secrets? What if the new keeper of secrets was two of the finecast ones in a trenchcoat? What if it was plastic, but somehow looked worse? The horror never ends.

Well my nightmare stopped there because it genuinely did stop there. Had no idea why my mind focused on it. 

Thought it was hilarious when I woke up, though, so I figured I'd share the torment. 

• 1 month later...

Ditto, new hounds, new fiends, and by the looks of it Karanak and a Herald ith a harp, Id assume maybe a new named. If of course they feature in the box. Wonder if we’ll see and terrain bits, or spells to go along with the release, some tid bits to tie in with idea that its all set in the Realm of Chaos would be cool ( sorry wishlisting). The only thing I can assume are missing from this release are the respetive warmachines and Greater Daemons.  Which is pretty cool. I can’t get enough of the Hounds, i know they’re not that different to the two already seen in AoS, but the poses and detail is great, can’t wait to see the three headed Hound of Vengeance.

very excited.  I'm looking forward to the new characters, and I really hope there's a re-imagining of the karanak model.

Maybe we'll see a plastic herald on jugger, or a skulltaker, or even a god specific damon prince.

The keeper will be interesting to see wha they do with it, although if that's in the box it will be an ultra bonus.

They can keep their blood thirster, as for me it falls way short of the FW thirster. They really should have just made that in plastic instead of leaping kitty thirster with its stupid faces - and the best thing is that if you look at the flesh hounds faces they all work really nice with the FW daemon prince and thirster facial aesthetic.

and best of all... if we have Wrath and Rapture, to complete the circle we'll get change  the equivalent for nurgle and Tzeentch at some point in the future. - although I'm not that fussed about those as we've got them coming out of our ears at the moment in every form.

But the best thing of all?

The possibility of the slaanesh storyline moving on  a little closer to his freedom with this release

3 hours ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Love the hounds and Karanak would be great but if I’ve never been a fan of the Bloodletter aesthetic and I think the Daemonettes are definitely due for a new kit, if they aren’t updated then I’ll probably pass on the box and wait for the models to release individually.

I very much doubt the daemonettes will get a new kit. That said, if you like everything else in the box it's still be better to buy it and get rid of the daemonettes as the saving will be far more than £18. 

4 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I very much doubt the daemonettes will get a new kit. That said, if you like everything else in the box it's still be better to buy it and get rid of the daemonettes as the saving will be far more than £18. 

So far the only things I would buy are the hounds. Still more to be shown obviously so I won’t say never yet.

Technically the forces of Slaanesh have never left, they've been battling like crazy monsters esp in the shadow realm, where they can sense that weakness an opening into their God's prison which is Morathi syphoning off more souls than she's supposed to from the alliance of Aelves who imprisoned Slaanesh.

It's almost more a play on the fact taht GW hasn't given Slaanesh anything new in a long long time compared to the other three chaos gods

1 hour ago, BlooDeck said:

I'm guessing they're not branding it as AoS or 40K since it could be either. Seems closer to something like Blight War than one of the boardgames.

Initial tease was specifically under an AoS banner but yeah, could be for both. And they are referencing other battle boxes rather than board games so Blight War is probably the closest thing. Never know for sure until a full preview though, I guess.

Archived