Are you excited for C7s AoS RPG?

BluesPixie

Hi everyone. 

I emailed c7 today and was reassured that news regarding developt of the RPG would be out by the end of the year, after whf 4 drops fully. I suspect very little dev has been done so far.

I'm interested to hear what everyone's hopes and thoughts are for this new system. Personally I can't wait, I like to play my wargames with heavily RPG influenced elements anyway, and look forward to blending both worlds. 

I would like to see the game setting tiered in power (like ffg and star wars), with the starter set dealing with gritty low level PCs, and later sets introducing more far out dracoth riding immortals etc. 

Thoughts? 

Mark 

IG@hippy_hammer 

I can't wait! I already have many ideas for adventures (I'll try to post them on this forum). Sheer vastness of the Mortal Realms means we can let our imagination run wild. I hope that core book will let us create adventure parties with PCs of different Grand Alliances, e.g. mercenary band consisting of Fyreslayer, Gutbuster and Ghoul (I'm sorry, bounty hunter from noble kingdom). I also hope for some supplements in the style of old Realm of Chaos books - AoS is a perfect place for Chaos warbands consisting of three-leged and horned mutants.

Yeah not sure if I'll ever get to play it but really keen to get my hands on it. But I've kind of given up waiting, when it comes it comes, wfrp is obviously pretty delayed and I get the impression this hasn't even been started in earnest yet

Very much looking forward to this. I've not see the new WFRP yet, so don't know what to expect, but cubicle seven make very good products, I love their Lord of the Rings books.

I'm far more of an RPG player than a Wargamer, so will be very keen to try this out. There is a lot of untapped potential in the mortal realms, so it will be good to see it developed through an actual RPG.

The line in the response email concerning AoS RPG was

"Ah, Age of Sigmar......hopefully there will be news by the end of the year - once we've got Fourth Edition sorted and caught our breath! "

So yeaaah... pretty sure they will be starting from scratch, end of 2019, if we are lucky. 

Until then I might try a few test games in the setting using Fate Accelerated, good for high octane one shots! 

4 minutes ago, Redmanphill said:

I'm of course excited but in all reality I won't get to play it. It's hard enough to get a standard game of AoS here nevermind a roleplaying session. I'll read it for the background I suppose.

Actually it sounds like you'll have an easier time playing the RPG: roll20 means you can join players all over the world, anytime, for free! Hugely popular these days! ?

Creating an RPG for AOS is going to be a tall order, and I could see it being split up over several books. Now that 2.0 is out, some of the Realms have exploded with locations, thanks to the maps and new history. Toss in an explosion of magic, including for each Realm, and all kinds of new artifacts, with more incoming from GHB18 and each new Battletome, and that's even before you dig into the lives of common folk, an ever-expanding bestiary of mentioned exotic critters, and several Realms that so far are only a page deep in 2.0. That's why I could see several books, with the undeveloped Realms coming much later as GW reveals more.

Archived