Sylvaneth as allies

ReubenM

The treelord ancient and Alarielle both have abilities that create wyldwoods. Anything else that makes them is allegiance specific. The treelord ancient's  ability requires them to be set up 3" from any other model or terrain which can be very limiting on more crowded boards.

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Arnied3 said:

On a similar note I am thinking of adding Deepkin as allies to my Sylvaneth. Have you had any succuss with using Deepkin and Sylvaneth? 

I know there is a battalion in the Deepkin battletome for both forces. Have you tried it?

I haven't tried it, because Sylvaneth without access to Woods seem pretty mopey.

Best way to do it with Idoneth is with the cool battalion you can field - you'd get an Ancient to generate a Wildwood half the time each of your hero phases, and the members of the warscroll would get the tide bonuses. You could easily squeeze in a few more Sylvaneth with them if you wanted, such as a Wraith to summon more dudes from the potential Wildwood(s), or even Kurnoth (though with easy access to the eel cavalry they would mostly just win harder).

On 11/13/2018 at 3:02 PM, overtninja said:

Best way to do it with Idoneth is with the cool battalion you can field - you'd get an Ancient to generate a Wildwood half the time each of your hero phases, and the members of the warscroll would get the tide bonuses. You could easily squeeze in a few more Sylvaneth with them if you wanted, such as a Wraith to summon more dudes from the potential Wildwood(s), or even Kurnoth (though with easy access to the eel cavalry they would mostly just win harder).

Yeah that's the kind of info i was looking for - i haven't picked up the book (Deepkin) yet so was curious what that battalion was like. Thanks!

4 hours ago, overtninja said:

Couldn't you take one as an ally? They're within the points for allies for a 2k list, anyway. Unless I'm mistaken the Sylvaneth you get with the battalion don't count towards ally limitations, so it should still be possible.

Thats what i was assuming you meant! 

10 hours ago, overtninja said:

Couldn't you take one as an ally? They're within the points for allies for a 2k list, anyway. Unless I'm mistaken the Sylvaneth you get with the battalion don't count towards ally limitations, so it should still be possible.

You can take one as an Ally but it won't benefit from the Tides of Death abilities, which is kind of a big deal.

15 hours ago, ReubenM said:

You can take one as an Ally but it won't benefit from the Tides of Death abilities, which is kind of a big deal.

That's true, he wouldn't be getting any bonuses, but he'd let your Sylvaneth do some spooky tree things pretty often, along with being decent casters in their own right.

Archived