The Painting Contract - September 2018

TheOtherJosh

Looking to finish my  2k Moonclan Squig army. On the plate:

• 15x Squig Hoppas 
  • Squig Gobba
  • Shaman
  • Archnarok w/Shaman (allies)

Most of it is already basecoated in some form or fashion, so if I keep on it I think I can do it. Hoping to finish it in time for Armies on Parade.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all,

So following a not too successful August (where I basically finished one unit). I'm hoping to have a more productive September. I'm already close to finishing 15 Boarboy Maniaks, so I'm hoping to have them totally finished by this week, allowing me to move on to some character models (2 Maniak Weirdnob shamans, and a Wurrgog Prophet). I'm also planning to build and paint 4 Ironjaw Brutes on ovals, converted to hold Big Stabba spears as my Big Stabbaz. Looking at this now, this is probably a bit too ambitious... But here I go:

4 Brutes (converted)

15 Maniaks

2 Maniak Weirdnobz

1 Wurrgog Prophet

Hi guys, I have a pretty busy September but I need to keep making progress towards Warhammer Achievements at Blood & Glory, and a potential doubles weekend at Warhammer World at the end of October. 

I pledge 4xBlood Warriors, 1xRiptooth, 1x Maygores Fiends

Stetch - Buy, build, convert a Khorne “Realm Walker” for the Achievements event.

I’d love to get more done but I like to try and be realistic.

On 8/30/2018 at 8:40 PM, terrainguy said:

That is a super cool idea and execution!

Thanks! It' an idea that came in my mind because I wanted a unit of small gargoyles to match the bigger one that i've converted as dread abyssal for my count as Mannfred. 

I've managed to prime 10 grimghast and making the bases for both the grimghast gargant and Vhordrai. I'm waiting for some bits to finish my mannfred conversion and then I'll start painting everithing i've left. I MUST FINISH WITHIN THE END OF SEPTEMBER! :D

grimghast gargant 1.jpg

grimghast gargant 2.jpg

vhordrai 1.jpg

I like this idea- I’ll have to remember to look back at this thread.

I'm looking to turn a scattered few darkling coven units from a mixed order army into a full aqshy themed darklings force- so my target:

10 executioners (5 already done)

10 darkshards (3 already done) 

10 Black guard

sorceress on dragon

if I’m really organised, I’ve had an idea for khinerai conversions kicking around my head for a while. Might have to wait until next Month for that though

I've been painting non-stop for the past month so might as well make a pledge to continue it through September. 

Hope to get through the following: 

Finish Lady Olynder

Finish the 20 Chainrasps I started last week (8 still to paint, all of the bases to finish) 

Do something pretty with the bases of 3 Spirit Hosts & 10 Bladegheist Revenants

(Do I have a problem with finishing bases I wonder??? I was waiting for supplies, honest!! ) 

Plus 

10 Dreadscythe Harridans

10 Grimghast Reapers

Start Mannfred, Mortarch of Night (sorry!) 

It sounds like quite a lot now that i've written it down! 

So for once I actually achieved my pledge (still not got around to posting it yet), so this month I'm going to try something else relatively simple.

I pledge, upon my ghostly heart, to complete six Spirit Hosts and a Guardian of Souls.

Stretch goal: Lady Olynder herself!

It’s been a long time, found summer was too hot and sometimes you just need a decent sized break to mix your free time up. Determined to paint up the new starter box and did manage to build the storm cast side so after popping into go for first time in a couple of months, I obviously bought an entire deepkin army and the death world forest killteam kit to use for this years army on parade. So have quite lofty hobby goals this month, 

build/paint/base

volturnos

2 akhelian allopex

6akhelian guard

akhelian leviadon

gloomtide shipwreck

deathworld forest

hope to get a good start this weekend and see where we go from there as may also bring in more units or possibly some daughters of khaine and Morathi

Finished the first part of my pledge with the Iron Skullz from Shadespire. They've (attempted) to paint themselves to look like Stormcast in order to get into more scraps with the followers of Chaos. Inspired by the story of the Iron Jawz taking a fortress from Chaos, then propping up all of the enemy dead on the battlements of the fortress to tempt the Stormcast into attacking. Two fights for the price of one. Kunning!

2144592975_IronJawz10_09_182.jpg.19a295a69ec3ee90446749150d1c8648.jpg

1441381911_IronJawz10_09_181.jpg.1abb21fbdc266b8850d5f665e8bc6e54.jpg

1139247520_IronJawz10_09_184.jpg.7d65235085f23c42ccc2ac951179aed1.jpg

1662650860_IronJawz10_09_183.jpg.30a28fd9c332c1486193208a4a02f5ac.jpg

Archived