The Painting Contract - September 2018

TheOtherJosh

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for September 2018!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain, models, Warhammer Quest Silver Tower/ Shadows Over Hammerhal, Blood Bowl or Shadespire as well as AoS. 

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe  &  @TheOtherJosh

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay.  This months goal:

1 Lord Celestant on Dracoth - Built & Painted
Kill Team - Build the entire box
Grey Knights Kill Team - Kit bashed 'primaris scale' kill team based on Paladins and Agressors

Stretch Goal:
Finish magnetizing my Imperial Knights

I have to finish my army within the end of september so here's my pledge!

assembling 10 more grimghast and paint all 20 of them

finishing painting my 2 remaining gargoyles (vargheist )

paint my 5 incubus ( spectral horses count as dire wolves)

paint my mannfred von carstein conversion ( vorador von cartein on gargoyle king)

paint my vampire lord on foot ( Melchisedec the Everlasting, bishop of Nagash )

base all the army. Wish me luck X°D

I haven't pledged anything for the past few months (still been busy!), but it's time to get back on the horse (goat?)!

For September, I pledge to finish my two Tuskgor Chariot conversions, base them and prime them. Got some greenstuff work left that I've been putting off for way too long. I also pledge to paint my Beastlord on Chariot conversion... actually, let's be realistic here, I pledge to do every base colour and wash, and call highlighting and basing a stretch goal.

Just started getting into Warhammer, picked up a Tempest of Souls box and working on getting the SCE half painted (picking up a soul wars box as well to get a 1,000 point SCE army to begin playing):
Immediate goal to paint the following (just finished priming them, though I think I held the primer rattle can too far and ran out before i finished):
- 1 knight incantor

- 2 evocators

-3 castigators

-5 sequitors

-1 celestar ballista

Most likely will also complete assembly and painting of the following:

- Lord Arcanum on Gryph-charger

- 3 evocators

- 5 sequitors

(mostly learning to use citadel paints, and using simple bases... still trying to decide if I will use putty/cement to fill seam lines for subsequent/soul wars build)

If I survive, then afterwards hopefully will be able to finish the remaining by the end of the month:
- 5 castigators
-3 sequitors
- 1 ballista
- 1 invocator
- 1 knight (azyros/venator.. undecided, maybe magnetize)
- 3 vanguard hurricane w/ raptors

(this list scares me)

So far so productive.  I finished building all of Kill Team, 2 boxes of Azyrite Ruins, the Warscryer Citadel, 2 Baleful Realmgates, that ruined archway thingy, and a Sacristan Forgeshrine.

Next up on the building queue, tomorrow, start kitbashing my kill team, then on to my LCoD for my Escalation League (subject to change to another unit of Sequitors if I need more troops once the next mission is announced)

Didn't manage to finish up last month's pledge to do the riders for my eels so I'll pledge to finish off the remaining ones (5 for now). I'll also add the 5 Glade Guard I started building before realising I wanted to paint them in subassemblies and thus was better to make and paint them one at a time (small models so I'm too worried about losing parts keeping them separate). I'd also like to finish my Tidecaster's fish which I didn't get round to do last month.

As a stretch goal id like to finish my Branchwraith and then finish the remaining 5 Glade Guard that are yet to be built.

I was sooo darn close to finishing my pledge last month. So this month's goals will be:

1. Finish last month's pledge (25 marauder horsemen, 70 marauders)

2. Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster

3. Stretch goal - gaunt summoner

Aiming for a fully painted unit of kharadron arkanauts. I'm really bad at doing full units but since I'm getting going on my shadow pirate project I'm gonna get these boys done. Even told my gf that she needs to force me to paint them up when we're on holiday with the family next week.

I will also aim to have the admiral painted.

Stretch goal:
-1 x Aether Khemist
-Another 10 arkanauts

Okay last month didn't work. Crazy good stuff. Had the family over, but all the painting gear in a cabinet and couldn't find the time afterwards to get started again. On the plus side it's mostly because of some very cool and zombie related videos I had the opportunity to shoot! So same goal as last month:

Goal
Stormcast mage (with first OSL attempt) 
 Frigate crew
Cauldron crew
Stretch
- Frigate
- Garreks Reavers

First time I am in :)

To build:

20 Sequitors

24 Skinks

1 Knight Heraldor

Stretch goal: Stardrake if it still allows me to paint him efficiently afterwards.

To paint:

Finish 2nd half of ship wreck terrain.

Finish my Mace Sequitors ( I lost status but not much to do anymore :D )

Start with my 15 Evocators and get them finished.

Well as I failed miserably last month, this month will be to get a slow grow army together for a narrative campaign. I pledge the following

Finish 10 namarti reavers

Isharaen tide caster

Build akhelian king

If I need a stretch goal it will be from the following

Khorne objective markers

Endless spell - shackles

2 terminators from space hulk

Archived