old warhammer player new to AOS

yowsaman

hey guy's,

i'm looking for advice on starting a age of sigmar army.

i used to play warhammer alot (orc's and goblins) but after they blew up that world i decided to stop with it and sold all my models.... :(

i also play alot of 40k, but with the new age of sigmar rules and models comming out i wanted to pick things up with the fantasy side.

my question to you guy's is.

what are good and fun army's to play with?

are urruks and grots worth bying? i do like those boar riders and the models from the nightmoon clan. can you still combine them in an army and if so is it worth the trouble competetive wise? (army of destruction?)

i'm also keen on those new nighthaunt models. is that a good army to start with also?

what are the most competetive army's in the game now?

alot of questions i know. but i hope you guy's can give me some pointers and help me out.

greetings

1. Any army that has a playstyle you enjoy. A vague answer, but it's so subjective I can't give you a straight answer. What I find great, you might hate. To narrow it down, I'd pick one of the armies with a Battletome.

2. A mixed destruction army is not competitive, at least at the moment. There is a full army release for Moonclan Grots on the horizon, so keep an eye out for that. Your standard orcs and goblina are perfectly fine in narrative and casual games.

3. Nighthaunt are a strong army, but rely very heavily on synergy, lots of models affecting others' ability to be effective. It can be a bit of a learning curve to get the hang of them but they're great to paint and look stunning on the table.

4. It is still unclear what armies are dominant in 2nd Edition AoS, as it's only just come out. Nighthaunt are up there, Daughters of Khaine, Idoneth Deepkin, Stormcast Eternals, Legions of Nagash, Disciples of Tzeentch, there are quite a few viable ones.

Basically, pick your favourite Battletome army and go from there. If you like Nighthaunt, Soul Wars is the best place to start and go from there!

Archived