Need help with 2000 point Khorne army

joboji

Hi everyone

I have my first AoS tournament coming up. It is 2000 points but I have never played that way before. I have done a few casual games at 1000 points. I would like some advice to field as competitive army as possible with what I have. 

20 Bloodletters

3 Bloodcrushers

Blood Throne

Skull Cannon

10 warhounds

20 bloodreavers

5 Bloodwarriors

Daemon Prince

Khorgorath

Mighty Khorne Lord with Hound

Skarbrand

2 Slaughterpriests

Bloodsecretor

Bloodstoker (the 4 minis from Gorechosen)

I have the Daemons of Khorne codex and the 2017 and 2018 General's Handbooks. 

Can I do anything with these guys? I really appreciate any help and advice. Thank you! 

There is a base for a list us khorne players have been discussing in the khorne thread which we are calling the khorne shell.

Basically it is this;

Leaders
Wrath Of Khorne Bloodthirster (320)
Bloodsecrator (140)
Bloodstoker (80)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Slaughterpriest (100)

Battleline
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades
30 x Bloodletters (320)

Battalions
Gore Pilgrims (200)

Total: 1530 / 2000

Gorepilgrims with all 3 slaughterpriests is almost mandatory for khorne and is a good place for you to start given you havent played 2000 point games before.

The battalion doubles the range of the bloodsecrator and makes the blood blessings/prayers much more reliable. 

The Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster's command ability combined with the bloodstoker can all but guarantee a first turn charge for the big unit of bloodletters (whom you also buff with a killing frenzy prayer).

Fill out the rest of the shell with units of your choice (highly recommend Wrathmongers, Flesh Hounds, Chaos Knights and/or Khorgoraths).

Looking through your models, you have most of the shell covered (Skarbrand can stand in for the WoK Bloodthirster) so you could easily do a variation of it. 

Archived