Maggotkin of Nurgle "Marauders" Model Question

Imperi-um

Hey gang,

I'm building my Maggotkin army and am considering investing in 40x marauders. Unfortunately the models aren't the freshest of the bunch. 
I'm thinking about kitbashing a few units together (all within the Nurgle theme).
Most likely using marauders, zombie & beastmen.

- it seems fluffy to have decrepit mortals in various stages of decay (Plague Garden by Josh Reynolds is my source of inspiration).

My question is; will other players, especially tournament players be cool if the models aren't their generic build? I don't want to dish out the dosh only to be told that I'm not allowed to use "proxies."

Thank you!
Imperi-um.

There's no answer to this question; it varies regionally from store to store and group to group. My local tournaments and player groups would allow it, no problem, but it might be different where you live. The only way to find out is for you to ask local tournament directors, game store managers, and regular opponents.

Personally, I like the old marauders, but I also like variety, kitbashing, conversions, and diversity. I say bring it on!

We are lucky, as Nurglings, to be able to access a deep creativity in crafting our armies. One of my friends has an army of 180 zombies and he's basically painted them one at a time. The result is a beautiful army full of minute variety, yet still coherent. I am of the mind that this is the ideal method for creating horde armies that are interesting to look at and engaging to play against. Therefore, I would fully encourage you to use all manner of bits and pieces for your kitbashing. It's also my opinion that as long as your game pieces are 90% composed of GW bits, easily identifiable as what they are intended to be, and tastefully done with artistic intent and the enthusiasm of a hobbyist, then no one (store owners/managers, other players) would have grounds to complain. Just make sure you ask consent from a tournament director and you should have no problems! I hope!

4 hours ago, Domowoj said:

Therefore, I would fully encourage you to use all manner of bits and pieces for your kitbashing. It's also my opinion that as long as your game pieces are 90% composed of GW bits, easily identifiable as what they are intended to be, and tastefully done with artistic intent and the enthusiasm of a hobbyist, then no one (store owners/managers, other players) would have grounds to complain.

Very well written! I share your opinion 100%
Fingers crossed everyone else has an appreciation an open-mindedness akin to yours ☺️

Archived