Starting Nurgle

CalicoJack

I'm starting Nurgle for the first time and this is the list that I came up with to build towards, I think it looks solid but any advice would be greatly appreciated. The Sloppity Bilepipercan be replaced with a Spoilpox Scrivener as they cost the same so any advice on that which is more beneficial would also be appreciated.

Allegiance: Nurgle

Leaders
Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (120)
- General
Sloppity Bilepiper Herald of Nurgle (100)

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)

Units
3 x Nurglings (100)
3 x Plague Drones (200)

Total: 960 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 20
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 77

At the very least, I would swap out the Sloppity for a Spoilpox because it's more relevant (Sloppity buffs nurglings and GUOs , but you need the one that buffs your Plaguebearers because they will be doing most of the work for you). Or even better would be to swap this guy out for a rotbringer sorcerer like Festus (since you have 40 unused points).

Both the Sloppity Bilepiper and Spoilpox Scrivener are considered weak choices, as are nurglings. Your mileage may vary. But I would consider dropping the Sloppity and the nurglings and using those 240 unused points for something that's going to get work done. You could bump up your 2nd plaguebearer unit to 30, or take another unit of plague drones. Either of those options would leave you with room for Geminids of Uhl-Gysh. You could take a unit of 40 Plague Monks for 240 points. They are great with buffs, but hit plenty hard on their own.

Archived