Compatible Greenskin Bitz?

Wired4War

I've been tinkering with some 40k orks in Killteam and it has given me inspiration making some orruks in AoS, but with some conversions. It looks to me that 40k boyz and aos orruk boys have interchangable parts, and I was wondering for those with more experience, what other models fit together? It looks like many 'ardboy parts would be the same size, but savage orcs and the ironjaw brutes seem to be different all together. This is all just based on pictures of sprues as I plan things out. I also have no concept of what grot/gretchin pieces/customization is like in terms of parts as no one I play  ever has any. 

Any info is useful...tinkering will commence soon.

I don't know too much about bonesplittas, but the Greenskins and Ard Boyz use the same basic orc/ork body and head system so those should be workable with non-nobz.

I'd assume grots/gretchins are easy to go back and forth on. They look like they have the same head system. Though 40k grot bodies are 1 piece.

Greenskinz, Ardboyz, and almost all of the 40k kits are relatively interchangeable.  The Ardboyz bodies do not connect at the waist like the Greenskinz and 40k kits so they are tougher to kitbash, but the heads are interchangeable and if you want to cut the parts then the arms and weapons can be also.

Savage Orcs are the same scale, but they assemble differently so if you want to use any of the bits then you will have to do some cutting.  For example, the savage orc bodies have the tongue attached to the neck-post and then the open-mouthed head fits over that.  You could put the head on a Greenskinz, 40k, or Ardboyz torso - but it will be missing the tongue unless you do a bit more work.

Ironjawz are bigger, but they seem to be about the same scale as Meganobz in 40k and I have seen people convert them into megabobz.

3 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

Greenskinz, Ardboyz, and almost all of the 40k kits are relatively interchangeable.  The Ardboyz bodies do not connect at the waist like the Greenskinz and 40k kits so they are tougher to kitbash, but the heads are interchangeable and if you want to cut the parts then the arms and weapons can be also.

Savage Orcs are the same scale, but they assemble differently so if you want to use any of the bits then you will have to do some cutting.  For example, the savage orc bodies have the tongue attached to the neck-post and then the open-mouthed head fits over that.  You could put the head on a Greenskinz, 40k, or Ardboyz torso - but it will be missing the tongue unless you do a bit more work.

Ironjawz are bigger, but they seem to be about the same scale as Meganobz in 40k and I have seen people convert them into megabobz.

That's really helpful! I want to have a greenskin army that looks more the part of the steampunkish mortal realms. I imagine there is a lot of techno-junk leftover from the free cities and duardin technology that could be deadly in the hands of an orruk.

One thing to mention about Savage Orcs is that a lot of their weapon options are simply the hand holding the weapon which then glues onto the arm at the wrist.  Most other orc kits have full arms that includes the hand.  But it is easy to cut the hands off and glue them into savage orc arms or glue the savage orc hands onto the arms from other orc models.

12 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

One thing to mention about Savage Orcs is that a lot of their weapon options are simply the hand holding the weapon which then glues onto the arm at the wrist.  Most other orc kits have full arms that includes the hand.  But it is easy to cut the hands off and glue them into savage orc arms or glue the savage orc hands onto the arms from other orc models.

Hmm...that could be a good way to make sure my orcs still look like they belong in fantasy and not just "space orks in the mortal realms". Thank you.

Archived