Competitive Bonesplittas Lists?

teddet

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just checked on battletome. Every 6+ hit. Not only combat phase. That's nice

“Savage Attack:Witha guttural bellow and a swing of their axe, the Savage Big Boss orders an all-out attack upon the foe. If a Savage Big Boss uses this ability, you can select a BONESPLITTERZunit within 10". Until your next hero phase, whenever you make a hit roll of 6 or more for a model in that unit, it can immediately make one extra attack using the same weapon”

Excerpt From: Games Workshop Ltd. “Destruction Battletome: Bonesplitterz.” Games Workshop Ltd, 17/05/2016. iBooks.

This material may be protected by copyright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's how I read it anyway. So use the command ability and the spell that gives +1 to hit rolls. So with 90 attacks a good chunk of those would be 5+ and thus generating more attacks. And if the unit is part of a Kunnin you can do that twice lol nasty

Yes. Kunnin rukk is really nice. I'm using 1 with 30arrowboys, So I have 90+90 shoots per turn. Considered 40 arrow boys but, think I'll go with 30 and 20 savage orruks(2battlelines) then I can use 2x5 boar boys or 1x10 depending the situation. Also. Can upgrade for a 2500pt using 4x2 big stabas and teef rukk with no limitations with battle lines

My 2k list so far. 

Icebone Warclan:

Snaga Rukk: 4×5 Maniak Boar boys

Warrgog Prophet 

2×Maniak Wierdnob

And a separate Kunnin Rukk:

Savage Big Boss

30×Arrowboys 

2×20 Savage Orruks

Pretty close to everyone else's lol big Boss as general to buff the Arrowboys and Warrgog to buff with the +1 hit spell. 3 wizards for support. 4 artefacts. The big Boss will be a main target so he gets the icebone skull. 

All the maniak boarboys+wierdnobs get 11" move. So while the foot block moves as one there is 4 units of boars moving around to harass, snatch up objectives. Give the double move spell to a maniak, cast it on the 11" move pigs and you have a time-and-space defying unit of rapid response crazies to get anywhere you need.

Sounds good in theory anyay lol

My 2k list so far. 

Icebone Warclan:

Snaga Rukk: 4×5 Maniak Boar boys

Warrgog Prophet 

2×Maniak Wierdnob

And a separate Kunnin Rukk:

Savage Big Boss

30×Arrowboys 

2×20 Savage Orruks

Pretty close to everyone else's lol big Boss as general to buff the Arrowboys and Warrgog to buff with the +1 hit spell. 3 wizards for support. 4 artefacts. The big Boss will be a main target so he gets the icebone skull. 

All the maniak boarboys+wierdnobs get 11" move. So while the foot block moves as one there is 4 units of boars moving around to harass, snatch up objectives. Give the double move spell to a maniak, cast it on the 11" move pigs and you have a time-and-space defying unit of rapid response crazies to get anywhere you need.

Sounds good in theory anyay lol

My first list was exactly this one. But at the end changed sanagga for kop/drakkfoot. But think snagga is more solid.

I've been reading other forums and now I think I need to squeeze in 2 units of 30 Arrowboys some how. Or maybe I dont. 

Other armies that can teleport around will try to kill off the Arrowboys as quickly as possible. So some things need to be done to prevent that. 

The 2 units of 20 Savage Orruks with spears/shields sole purpose is meat shield. Hopefully they could protect the Arrowboys. And on top of that the 4 units of Maniak Boarboys at 11" could counter-attack as well. 

Maybe the list is fine and I'm over thinking it lol

1 minute ago, Malakithe said:

I've been reading other forums and now I think I need to squeeze in 2 units of 30 Arrowboys some how. Or maybe I dont. 

Other armies that can teleport around will try to kill off the Arrowboys as quickly as possible. So some things need to be done to prevent that. 

The 2 units of 20 Savage Orruks with spears/shields sole purpose is meat shield. Hopefully they could protect the Arrowboys. And on top of that the 4 units of Maniak Boarboys at 11" could counter-attack as well. 

Maybe the list is fine and I'm over thinking it lol

I have 30 arrow boys + 2x 10 savage orruks for defending them. Savage with Mystic Shield save on 4+, with 2 wounds they are pretty capable for defending.

I'm aware I'm in the minority here by saying this but - savage Orruks shouldn't be shooting arrers!! I will NEVER field a unit of arrer boyz. I know this may hamper my 'competitive' chances but the theme of savage orcs that has been in my head (a long long time) is Flint tipped axes & spears. Up close and personal is where my Orruks like to fight! Non of this sneaky nonsense!!

Waaagh! Skullcrack iz comin fer ya

1 minute ago, Thanatos Ares said:

I'm aware I'm in the minority here by saying this but - savage Orruks shouldn't be shooting arrers!! I will NEVER field a unit of arrer boyz. I know this may hamper my 'competitive' chances but the theme of savage orcs that has been in my head (a long long time) is Flint tipped axes & spears. Up close and personal is where my Orruks like to fight! Non of this sneaky nonsense!!

Waaagh! Skullcrack iz comin fer ya

Agree, but kunnin ruck is here, and we should use :D

Yeah use a Kunnin at least. With mass hordes of spear Boyz. Double ranks to attack. Similar idea thou...big Boss as general, command ability buff+spell buff. 

I can visualize a mob of Arrowboys in battle thou. Glowing red eyes, drunk from waaagh energy, screaming, not even aiming the bows. The pointing up and loading and firing as fast as possible lol sounds f-in Savage enough to me

I don't know how I feel about the Teef Rukk. Seems to situational. And very low model count. But for a super cheap artefact it works.

1 minute ago, Malakithe said:

Yeah use a Kunnin at least. With mass hordes of spear Boyz. Double ranks to attack. Similar idea thou...big Boss as general, command ability buff+spell buff. 

I can visualize a mob of Arrowboys in battle thou. Glowing red eyes, drunk from waaagh energy, screaming, not even aiming the bows. The pointing up and loading and firing as fast as possible lol sounds f-in Savage enough to me

With 5+ to hit, sure they even aim before shot!

I haven't played this guys since the Battletome release/update, but here's my theory/math-hammered 2000-point MP list;

Kunnin' Rukk

Savage Big Boss (General/Monster Killa))(Da Icebone Skull)

x30 Savage Arrowboyz

x10 Savage Orruks 

IceBone WarClan

Wurrgog Prophet (G/M War Cry or Bone Krusha) (Mystic Waagh! Paint or Dokk Juice) (depending on the match-up)

Snaga Rukk

Maniak Weirdnob (Squiggly Curse)

Maniak Weirdnob (Hand of G/M))

x5 SBB Maniaks

x5 SBB Maniaks

x5 SBB Maniaks

x5 SBB Maniaks

Teef Rukk

x2 Big Stabbas

x2 Big Stabbas

WarDokk (Brutal Beast Spirits) (Big Wurrgog Mask)

4th artefact is whichever choice I don't take for the Wurrgog, given to 1 of his Maniak Weirdnobs . . .

Also, I think the Lore of the Savage Waaagh! is one of the best parts of this faction/having a GHB-era BattleTome!

2 hours ago, Malakithe said:

No Kunnin Rukk?

I've also been trying to write lists without it, just because it means my army is instantly going to end up being 100 boyz on foot if I do. That said, there are still other ways to get extra attacks (though not shooting) through the Wurrgog Prophet and the Blood Waaagh! spell.

My list is almost the same. But I just can't deny the overwhelming firepower of a Kunnin Rukk.

Icebone Warclan:

Snaga Rukk: 4×5 Maniak Boarboys 

2×Maniak Wierdnob 

Extra of Kunnin Rukk: 2×20 Savage Orruks 

30×Arrowboys 

Big Boss as general

Warrgog Prophet 

Archived