Competitive Bonesplittas Lists?

teddet

1 hour ago, Die Gruenhaut said:

Hello,

can someone explain me the "Wardokk: Big Wurrgog Mask bomb." 

Thank you :) 

The Wurrgog Mask is a one use item that makes a ranged attack and causes D3 mortal wounds. Then you can continue dealing D3 mortal wounds for every time you pass a 3+ roll but if you roll a 1 or 2 his head explodes!... Never overdose on Waaaargh, kids :D 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking into making a list that maximizes on the mechanic of attacking in the Hero phase:

Drakkfoot Warclan (60)

• Wurrgog Prophet (Dokk Juice, 140)
  • Kop Rukk (100)
    • Wardokk (Mork's Boney Bits, 80)
    • Wardokk (Mystic Waaagh! Paint, 80)
    • Wardokk (80)
    • 10 Morboys (120)
    • 10 Morboys (120)
    • 10 Morboys (120)
  • Kunnin Rukk (60)
    • Savage Big Boss (100)
    • 20 Arrowboys (200)
    • 20 Savage Orruks (200)
    • 20 Savage Orruks (200)
  • Maniak Weirdnob (Big Wurrgog Mask, 100)
  • 10 Savage Boarboys (240)

Total: 2000

Drakkfoot Warclan grants all my casters the Blood Waaagh! spell (casting value 8, 6" range, target unit can pile in and attack). The Kunnin Rukk can either give me a free round of melee attacks with a unit of Savage Orruks, or a free round of shooting for the Arrowboys, and the Wurrgog Prophet's command ability grants a free round of Melee attacks.

Debating between Prophet of da Waaagh! and Waaagh!-monger for the Command Trait, both are passive, one just helps get in combat a little faster, while the other helps with Battleshock (might be better since I wont be using Inspiring Presence as much).

I do kind of wish I had less guys on foot and more Boarboys, but you really want >20 Morboys for the Kop Rukk, and I need those Savage Orruks to fill Battleline (plus units of 20 make good use of attacking in the hero phase).

Any thoughts?

On 8/10/2016 at 7:14 PM, CharnelChimera said:

There really is no reason not to drop 20 Boys and split the other squad into 10 and 10 for 20 more archers. You get +1 more attacks per model and the Kunnin' Rukk ability is much more useful on the Archers.

Hmmm... so you think 2x10 Savage Orruks and 2x20 Arrowboys or 1x40 arrow boys?

I could also do 3x10 Savage Orruks and 1x30 Arrowboys, so that they have to take 22 wounds before losing the +1 shot bonus, and still have plenty of Savage Orruks to run around and grab objectives.

Alternatively running 30 Savage Orruks in a unit and 30 Arrowboys in a unit is an option. The Savage Orruks would then be able to re-roll failed wounds, which is quite nice with all the extra rounds of combat (most of which are melee) that I can get. Doing this would mean splitting the boar boys into 2x5 though to get my Battleline requirement.

The reason originally for 2x20 Savage Orruks was so that between the two of them, the 10 Boar Boys and the 20 archers, I have a few options for my abilities for extra attacks.

MATH EDIT:

Just crunching some numbers for the Kunnin Rukk. 20 Savage Orruks fighting in melee, vs a free round of shooting with 20 Arrowboys:

• Savage Orruks cause 7.777 wounds with Chompas (6.333 after losing 1 model), 6.111 with Savage Stikkas (4.75 after dropping down to 1)
  • Arrowboys cause 10 wounds at range (6.333 after losing 1 model), or 3.333 in melee (3.167 after losing one model).

If you're counting a unit of 30, you get:

• Savage Orruks cause 13.333 wounds with Chompas, 11.25 with Savage Stikkas
  • Arrowboys cause 15 wounds at range, or 5 in melee.

So yeah, that math pretty much shows it, and that favors combat, since it's assuming the all make it into melee range... 2x10 Savage Orruks to fill battleline, and 30-40 Arrowboyz, because it's going to do more damage with the Kunnin' Rukk ability.

Here's the revised list:

Drakkfoot Warclan (100):

• Wurgogg Prophet (Ju-ju Wotnotz, 140)
  • Kopp Rukk (100)
    • Wardokk (Mork's Boney Bits, 80)
    • Wardokk (Mystic Waaagh! Paint, 80)
    • Wardokk (Big Wurgogg Mask, 80)
    • Wardokk (80)
    • 20 Morboys (240)
    • 20 Morboys (240)
  • Kunnin Rukk (60)
    • Savage Big Boss (100)
    • 10 Savage Orruks (100)
    • 10 Savage Orruks (100)
    • 30 Arrowboyz (300)
  • 10 Savage Boarboys (240)

Total: 2000

The Arrowboys are naturally the prime target for the Kunnin' Rukk's ability, while the Wurrgog Prophet and Blood Waaagh! spell will be used on the Morboys, which are pretty ugly in combat, especially after a monster is slain, then they'll be attacking on 3+/2+ & 3+/3+... Sadly dropping a Wardokk for Maniak Weirdnob would be idea, but there isn't a way to scrap up the extra 20 points.

The next question is who will get what spell, I'll get 5 of the 6 to distribute around the army.

Drakkfoot Warclan - 60

x 1 Wurrgog Prophet - 140

Kap Rukk - 40
x 4 Wardokks - 320
x 10 Morboys - with full command - 120
x 10 Morboys - with full command - 120

Kunnin Rukk - 60 
x 1 Savage Big Boss - 100
x 20 Savage Arrowboys - with full command - 200
x 20 Savage Orruks - chompas and bone shields, with full comand - 200
x 20 Savage Orruks - chompas and bone shields, with full comand - 200

Snaga Rukk - 40
x 2 Maniak Weirdnobs - 200
x 10 Savage Boarboy Maniaks - with full command - 320
X 10 Savage Boarboy Maniaks - with full command - 320

Total - 2440 pts

Fack. 

The lack of "Battleline" on the Morboys sucks. It's not excessive, but I hate dumping almost 500 points into them, especially with their lack of rend. 

I'll have to tweak the list a bit more it looks like. 

Updated the list to reflect the need for more "Morboys". Only worry is on the minimum cav units - although my experience in games so far has been that it isn't as much of an issue as it might seem. 

Drakkfoot Warclan - 60

Wurrgog Prophet – 140

Savage Big Stabba - 100

Kop Rukk – 100

Wardokk – 80

Wardokk – 80

Wardokk – 80

Morboys – 240

Morboys – 240

Kunnin Rukk – 60

Big Boss – 100

Arrowboys – 300

Savage Orruks – 100

Savage Orruks – 100

Snaga Rukk – 40

Maniak Weirdnob – 100

Maniak Weirdnob – 100

Boarboy Maniaks – 160

Boarboy Maniaks – 160

Boarboy Maniaks - 160

Wounds – 274

Models – 124

Heroes – 7

Units - 9

Total Points - 2500

5 hours ago, DangerClose said:

@Byro

You could go 40 Arrowboys since you'll possibly be spending some buffs on them.

40 Arrowboys averages 92 wounds a turn when fully buffed and 30 Arrowboys only averages 70 wounds.

33% more boys doing 33% more damage you say? :)

Personally I think 30 is fine though, it does plenty of damage and 2 of the 3 methods to get attacks in the hero phase don't work for ranged attacks, so you'll want some points to spend on Morboys!

Hi guys, I've just picked up the Bonesplitterz tome and dusted down my wfb savage orc army, I've bought a few boxes and here is the list I'm aiming for

Kunnin Rukk

Savage Big Boss (General)

30 Savage Arrowboyz

20 Savage Orruks

Snaga Rukk

Maniak Wierdnob

Maniak Wierdnob

5 Boarboy Maniaks

5 Boarboy Maniaks

5 Boarboy Maniaks

Wurrgog Prophet

20 Morboyz

10 Savage Boar Boyz

2000pts

Hello,

I'm not a bonnesplita player, not even a destruction player. I'm starting building my 1st Destruction Army after yeas of lizarmen. After reading Bonesplitterz Battletome I've found the following a bit interesting:

Kunnin Rukk:
Savage Big Boss
2x 10 Savage Orruks
1x 40 Arrowboys (kunnin bonus goes here :] )

Icebone clan -> Snagga Rukk:
2x Maniac Weirdnob
1x Wardlok
4x 5 Savage Boarboys Maniacs

1960pt

Alternatively, I'm am considering play a mix of Bonnesplita/Beastclaws (lets put some mass on this guys). As the following:

Jorlbad: (Attack even if Run and charge, plus d6 of destruction trait its awesome)
Huskard on Stonehorn
2x 2 Mournfang Packs
1x Stonehorn Beastriders

Kunnin Rukk:
Savage Big Boss
3x 10 Savage Orruks
1x 30 Arrowboys (again, kunnin bonus)

+ Wardlokk (buff green guys and bind 1 spell)

2000pt

@Thanatos Ares

Both lists look good. I really like the idea of mixing Bonesplitterz for battleline and shooting support with Beastclaw, although I ended up going  pure Bonesplitterz due to my obsession with their allegiance abilities and spells. 

For sure the bonesplitterz are awesome. The visual of green guys are amazing. I'm too, really considering the pure bonesplitterz just for the funny play style and faction bonuses. Maybe getting mine next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Updated the list to reflect the need for more "Morboys". Only worry is on the minimum cav units - although my experience in games so far has been that it isn't as much of an issue as it might seem. 

Drakkfoot Warclan - 60

Wurrgog Prophet – 140

Savage Big Stabba - 100

Kop Rukk – 100

Wardokk – 80

Wardokk – 80

Wardokk – 80

Morboys – 240

Morboys – 240

Kunnin Rukk – 60

Big Boss – 100

Arrowboys – 300

Savage Orruks – 100

Savage Orruks – 100

Snaga Rukk – 40

Maniak Weirdnob – 100

Maniak Weirdnob – 100

Boarboy Maniaks – 160

Boarboy Maniaks – 160

Boarboy Maniaks - 160

Wounds – 274

Models – 124

Heroes – 7

Units - 9

Total Points - 2500

Kop and kunnin rukks are pretty nice, but for drakkfoot you need 1 more Wardokk. 2 Wardokks of kop, 1 Wardokk of drakkfoot which need kop with +1 Wardokk

After reading this thread and battle tome I just ordered my bonesplitterz.

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (140)
Savage Big Boss (100)
Wardokk (80)
Wardokk (80)
Wardokk (80)
Wardokk (80)

Units
Savage Orruks x 10 (200) <1 battletine>
Savage Orruk Arrowboys x 40 (300)
Savage Orruk Morboys x 40 (480)
Savage Boarboyz x 10 (240) <2 battlelines>

Behemoths

War Machines

Batallions
Drakkfoot Warclan (60)
Kop Rukk (100)
Kunnin' Rukk (60)

Total: 2000/2000

Just want some opinions before assemble: 40 arrowboys + 10 savage orruks or 30/20 (for better defending the arrowboys)? I was between kop rukk or snagga, but really enjoyed the spells for bonesplitterz and opted for +1 wizzard

I have some questions. Is there a point to bringing a Kop to matched play since you can only attempt one of each spell or is it more for the random dance thing they get?

Other question. Kunnin with Big Boss as general. Do the extra attacks buff work on the arrowboys? Use the command ability and the spell to add +1 to hits to generate a ****** ton more shots...does that work?

I have some questions. Is there a point to bringing a Kop to matched play since you can only attempt one of each spell or is it more for the random dance thing they get?

Other question. Kunnin with Big Boss as general. Do the extra attacks buff work on the arrowboys? Use the command ability and the spell to add +1 to hits to generate a ****** ton more shots...does that work?

About kop rukk: dance bonus is really nice.", but not only, bonesplitterz have a lot of allegiance spells, you can use all of them without repeating.

Big boss command only works on combat. Not useful for arrow boys insane kunnin rukk bonus

5 minutes ago, rasmarog said:

About kop rukk: dance bonus is really nice.", but not only, bonesplitterz have a lot of allegiance spells, you can use all of them without repeating.

Big boss command only works on combat. Not useful for arrow boys insane kunnin rukk bonus

Are you sure? I don't see the word combat in the description. I'll read it again. Maybe I'm being dumb lol

More Choppin!: If a Savage Orruk Warboss uses this ability, you can select a Bonesplitterz unit within 14". Until your next hero phase, whenever you roll a 6 to hit for a model in that unit in the combat phase, it can immediately make one extra attack using the same weapon.

Archived