Competitive Bonesplittas Lists?

teddet

Just curious if anyone else is trying to work out a competitive list for bonesplittas.  I'm back to AOS with the general's handbook and I always wanted to do savage orcs.  I'll share my current ideas, but would love to hear other people's views:

bonesplittas - don't have any big monsters, so we're looking at strength in numbers.  We do get a lot of wounds, but there's no way (under 2000 points) that I can find to activate the "extra juju warpaint" that would mean 6 re-rollable.

Current Idea for a list:

2000 points (exactly)

Snagga Rukk (40 points)

2x10 savage boarboy maniaks (these guys run out to grab objectives - they can also take buffs and beat down small units with their double attacks) 
(720 points)
Maniak Weirdnob: Juju wotznotz, Brutal beast spirits (100 points)
Maniak Weirdnob: Big Wurgog Mask, Hand of Gork (100 points)

BoneGrinz (40 points)

Teef Rukk (40 points)
2x2 Big Stabbas (200 points)

Kunning Rukk (60 points)
Savage Big Boss (100 points): General, Squirmy Warpaint, Dokk Juice
Arrer Boyz x30 (300 points)
3x10 savage orruks with chompas (300 points)

Wardokk (not part of any scroll): Kunning beast spirits and mystic waagh paint.  

maniaks can hopefully go out and grab objectives or hurt units. Big Stabbas also get into place to do some damage - especially to anything with a good save. The kunning rukk sticks around in my zone and tries to hold my objectives.  

i'd really like to get a wurgog prophet in here, but not sure how best to do it.  Dropping "bonegrinz" and one unit of 10 savage orruks would do it for me.  

Thoughts?  What are your lists?  

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really want ro make a list based around maniak boar boys! But I just dont know how good they are. 

I kinda feel like arrow boys with big stabbaz are the best units and the things that could hurt stuff.. but I really wanna play with some maniaks.. Right now I have unbuilt 20 boar riders and 40 savage orks, a big boss and the 4 big stabbaz. Having a hard time figuring out what to do with them.

If I would just build a 2000p list from scratch right now it would be something like:

KUNNING RUKK 660p

10xArrow Boys

40x Arrowboys

1x Big Boss 

KUNNING RUKK 660p

10xArrow Boys

40x Arrowboys

1x Big Boss

TEEF RUKK 540p

2x5 Big Stabbas

And one prophet for 2000p

My current list is:

AoS Destruction Matched Play

Allegiance: Bonesplittaz

Command Trait: Squirmy Warpaint

Icebone Warclan

Wurrgog Prophet (General)

~ Ju-Ju Wotnotz

~ Hand of Gork (or Mork)

Wardokk

~ Bone Krusha

Snaga Rukk

Maniak Weirdnob

~ Morks Boney Bitz

~ Squiggly Curse

Maniak Weirdnob

~ Mystic Waaagh! Paint

~ Kunnin' Beast Spirits

4x Savage Boarboy Maniaks

Teef Rukk

2x 4 Savage Big Stabbas

Brutal Rukk

Savage Big Boss

~ Da Icebone Skull

1x Savage Boarboys

1x Savage Orruks

Total 2000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Slaanesh said:

If I would just build a 2000p list from scratch right now it would be something like:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your list has no Battleline? 

Absolutely fine if you're playing Open Play or similar, but in a competitive environment it is likely there will be at least some adherence to the Battleline requirements.

Also, you've got 2 x 5 Big Stabbas in your list. I'm not sure you can pay for 10 x Big Stabbas and split it into 2 x 5. You have to increase the unit size by the minimum unit size. 

The minimum unit size for Big Stabbas is 2, which costs 100pts. So you have to increase the size of your units in multiples of 2.

6 hours ago, Thor0298 said:

I was thinking of running kunning rukk in 1k. 

So so far I have 

30 arrowboys

10 savage orruks

big boss 

4 big stabba. 

What at else do I need to flesh out a competitive 1k

You'll need another Battleline unit to comply with the requirement for 2 x Battleline in a 1000pt list as per the GHB.

Perhaps another unit of 10 Savage Orruks, which would hopefully leave enough pts for a Wurrgog Prophet or Wardokk if I've remembered my points correctly.

@teddet

I think I would build something similar. You use 2 battalions that look most appealing to me. I like the idea of 30 archers who can get rerrols from Maniak spell and bonus move or shoot from battlaion rules. 30 arrowboys wiould have 90 shots!! That looks very intymidating.

And the cavalry battalion they can hit quite hard even stronger units. Especially with mortal wound charge. I would like to play with something like that.

Myself and Russ actually talked about running these as a competitive list in good detail in one of our latest shows.

We started out thinking they would be a bit weak under a competitive environment but about half way in we realised that there are a ton of synergies and clever tricks you can do with the command abilities and some of the spells. Our main idea does focus around the shooting and how it can be buffed to give some pretty ridiculous results.

If you haven't already its worth a listen: Episode 26 - Bonesplitterz Review

I will run a 1k list today:

20 arrow boyz 

20 savage Orruks 

5 boar boyzs

2 big stabbas 

wardokk 

Big Boss 

Wurrgog Prophet 

Kunning Rokk 

Via the battalion the arrow boyz can shoot twice, then they get the +1 to hit spell and the buff from the big boss as general for an extra attack at 6+ to hit. Should be in average 160 attacks per round for 20 models :D

really curios how that will work out

26 minutes ago, Groje said:

I will run a 1k list today:

20 arrow boyz 

20 savage Orruks 

5 boar boyzs

2 big stabbas 

wardokk 

Big Boss 

Wurrgog Prophet 

Kunning Rokk 

Via the battalion the arrow boyz can shoot twice, then they get the +1 to hit spell and the buff from the big boss as general for an extra attack at 6+ to hit. Should be in average 160 attacks per round for 20 models :D

really curios how that will work out

Post back with the results 

had another thought:

Kunning Ruk (560 points)
Big Boss,
30 arrer boyz
10 savage orcs

Kunning Ruk (560 points)
Big Boss
30 arrer boyz
10 Savage Orcs

Snaga Rukk (560 points)
2x Maniak Weirdnob
5 boarboy maniaks
5 boarboy maniaks

Teef Rukk (240 points)
2x 2 big stabbas

Wardokk (80 points)

Magic Items and spells to be decided, but that's 2000 points, with 2 fast-ish units and 320 shots coming at you every turn.  

I thought about this more.  Ended up going a slightly different route:

teef rukk 40
(savage big stabbas) x4 200
(savage big stabbas) 100

Kunnin Ruk 60
(savage big boss) 100
(savage arrowboys x30) 300
(savage arrowboys x30) 300

Snaga Rukk 40
(maniak weirdnob) 100
(maniak weirdnob) 100
(savage boarboy maniaks)  160
(savage boarboy maniaks) 160
(savage boarboy maniaks) 160

Wurgug Prophet 140

This way, I can get the wurgog prophet in. If i don't want to make a bid for a triumph, i can drop one unit of boarboy maniaks for two more big stabas (or two more orruk/arrow boy units).  

On another note I killed a Seraphon Bastilidon in the first turn with 5 Boarboy Maniaks yesterday, rolled a 5 on the monster hunters table (6s to wound cause additional mortal wound) and I was running Icebone Warclan so got to attack twice before said gribbly could attack

27 minutes ago, Thanatos Ares said:

You don't. That's why they're in big units

Played against a nurgle Skaven thing today. And the bonuses they get for units greater than ten on artillerary just wiped things off the table

Okay - another list idea that at least tries to deal with nurgle/skaven stuff by giving me the chance to have my boyz come back on a 6:

Savage Orruks: 1940 points

Bonegrinz: 40
teef rukk 40

(savage big stabbas) 100
(savage big stabbas)100  

Kunnin Ruk 60
(savage big boss)100
(savage arrowboys x30)300
(savage arrowboys x30)300
(savage orruks x 10) 100
(savage orruks x 10) 100

Snaga Rukk 40