Starting ironjawz.

Dracothjay

Hi guys, long time death player (still love death) but it’s time to branch out. 

I used to play IJ many moons ago, but now I’m looking to get back in to IJ at a small 1K points level. I have a few questions:

1) at 1K is the weirdnob worth it or are there better destruction wizards I could use?

2) with the new AOSv2, have IJ strengths changed?  

Thanks.

Hello.  At that points level, a weirnob may not be that worth it.  To make him worth it, you need 20 orruks around him.  This forces you to spend 320 points on ardboys or 160 points on greenskin orruks.  (at least to maximize his +1/+2 to casting and unbinding). 

The moonclan grots have 2 shamans at 80 points.   Fungoid cave shaman is pretty great for 80 points.  You have to ally him in, so he doesnt get items or anything..but he is still great.

Strengths are still the same.  Great at charging in and Waagh'ing.  Current hot strategy is using an Aetherquartz brooch artefact from the malign sorcery book from Hysh.  It lets you roll a die each time you use a command point, each 5-6 allows you get the command point back.  Which allows for the possibility of a huge waagh if you you can roll a few 5-6's.

Archived