So, assuming we really will get new Chaos Dwarfs..what do you expect?

Jator

2 hours ago, Entombet said:

Not to mention, fw isnt really in to fantasy. FW Skullcracker is out of order and it will not come back.

Wrong dude.  They have in the past couple of month established a dedicated FW AoS team, and you'll start to see the first models in a year, maybe less. 

Was the Skullcracker declared Last Chance To Buy? If not, where's it said it's not coming back 

16 minutes ago, Thebiggesthat said:

Wrong dude.  They have in the past couple of month established a dedicated FW AoS team, and you'll start to see the first models in a year, maybe less. 

Was the Skullcracker declared Last Chance To Buy? If not, where's it said it's not coming back 

Mould is broken and they said they will not make new one. As for their "dedicated AoS team" all they done atm is discontinue some other fantasy miniatures.

4 hours ago, Entombet said:

Mould is broken and they said they will not make new one. As for their "dedicated AoS team" all they done atm is discontinue some other fantasy miniatures.

The new team is responsible for updating every warscroll when the new edition of AoS arrived.  They've certainly not been idly sat doing nothing - it's worth bearing in mind too that it's just three people.  Any discontinuing of FW models is actually done by a different department in GW based on sales - it's why so much stuff has gone on last chance to buy recently.

I'll just echo what @RuneBrush has said. It's a brand new team of three people and it's existed for a few months. I know this as I was chatting to them at the Age of Sigmar Open Day and I don't think we will see much out of the team until next year.

Back on Topic - 

As soon as I saw this model as a tease on Saturday, my first thoughts were Chaos Dwarfs*. I've been a big fan of the evil short ones for years and I would be over the moon if they come out as a new model range. I don't think they would be Destruction but too be honest, GW can have a blank canvas with them as they don't need to follow the ForgeWorld background (have them as the second cousin Chaos Dwarfs) and there is a massive scope for them. Considering the way the background has tilted towards Souls being the 'currency' between Gods or a major driving force for many of the factions, it's not a big leap to see the 'new' Chaos Dwarfs enslaving souls and selling them off or using them for their own schemes. 

* I know they won't be Chaos Dwarfs but they will always will be to me :D 

i am sooo exited, I hope it is true and there will be plastic Chaos Dwarfs, I have two points to back it up
1. When the Shar'tor came up, I read on TGA that someone (Ben?) talk with the desiner and asked him about the hands ect. and (I quote from my head) they are being redisined
2. The only thing that would go out form FW are the infantry models and they are not so great as all the other models of FW desing

So ye I will buy new Chaos Dwarfs next year :D

There is 100% no chance that a plastic model, sold in retail stores will be for a mail order resin army - at least not exclusively.  I would say people are being wildly optimistic if they think LoA will get access to this and just plain batty if they think they are getting exclusive spells.

25 minutes ago, tchad78 said:

There is 100% no chance that a plastic model, sold in retail stores will be for a mail order resin army - at least not exclusively.  I would say people are being wildly optimistic if they think LoA will get access to this and just plain batty if they think they are getting exclusive spells.

I don't think many are hoping its a spell for the Legion of Azgorh, I think most are hoping that it presages the coming of a plastic Chaos Dwarf/Chaos Duardin faction, which would exist alongside the Legion. Forgeworld will always be niche, but there is no reason why the faction has to just be forgeworld.

22 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

I don't think many are hoping its a spell for the Legion of Azgorh, I think most are hoping that it presages the coming of a plastic Chaos Dwarf/Chaos Duardin faction, which would exist alongside the Legion. Forgeworld will always be niche, but there is no reason why the faction has to just be forgeworld.

Did they do that with 40k, the Custodes?  Is that the only example of resin to plastic for GW? 

On 8/18/2018 at 5:32 PM, Jator said:

Ok, guys, you know what this is about: A new endless spell has been revealed in a very teasing way, and it matches the evil dwarfs' kind of magic.
  This thread is not to discuss if GW is only being cruel with the pointy hats fans or we are really getting new CD, but to canalize our wishlists and fears in one thread.

Personally, I would like to see:

Dawi-zharr as a Destruction faction: I'm not adamant about this, but I think it would be kinda cool. IIRC, Hashut was killed during the End Times (by Gork and Mork, nonetheless), at least according to Reynolds unofficial expanded universe, so there is little point in keeping the "chaos" tag for them (I mean, besides being mutated and making deals with the slaves of darkness). Their way of life is more organized than your typical destruction faction, but their society is pretty destructive nonetheless.
  A stronger case can be made about they remaining in the chaos allegiance, but being destruction would add some variety to a grand allegiance that really needs it and maybe warm the heart of its players.

Hobgoblins: Sure, I talk about variety above, but some more greenskin won't hurt!. Maybe this new ones would be a race created by the dawi-zharr using grot prisoners and modeled after their slaves of yore.
  They really are not needed, but they were one of my favourite races of the Old World, along skavens and goblins (I do have a type).

What I expect:
  An off the charts steampunk aesthetic, and bull motifs everywhere. A safe bet, I know.

What I fear:
  Nothing really. Bring it on!

64FF4B6A-F69C-4F46-B2BE-7C879F83F37E.jpeg.8fd8a4b6d1a6ea0cbd19d4900f222e4e.jpeg

I would love to see Chaos Dwarfs and I love the idea of demonic/destructive steampunk. But I think that is too close to the Kharadron Overlords. They kinda have the high tech dwarf thing all sewn up. Actually, that is what attracted me to them in the first place. 

Archived