What alleigances are we going for?

What alleigance are you choosing?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which alleigance?

• Death
    • Order
    • Chaos
    • Destruction
    • I'm just here to collect the cards, not play!

Hey folks!

To kick off the new subforum I thought it would be nice to start getting an idea of what alleigances people are planning to focus on for their decks? Whilst I'm sure I'll end up getting multiple decks I'm definitely starting with my beloved death having already picked up their campaign deck! I'm hoping to get neferata at some point and just generally more soulblight/vampire themed cards in general as they're definitely more my thing than skellibones or ghoulies. I do like that there seem to be a mix though hope they expand it enough that we can form subfaction decks and have pure soulblight or flesh eater court builds etc.

I doubt I'll go into order as stormcast just aren't my thing and I've no clue currently whether they have much besides the golden boys and girls. Will likely expand into chaos as a second grand alliance though, I do love my chaos.

I'm also super stoked for the app, the fact I can scan in my physical cards is great and just wanna start jumping into games already since no clue if it will get picked up at my local club XD At least it means if they have events at my GW it will be easier to attend as transporting a deck of cards is way easier than a case of models!!

I've picked up the Chaos and Death decks, however I think the one I'll play the most is Chaos.  I really like the card scanning ability for the app as well, makes me really happy I won't have to pay for the same cards twice like the Magic games.  

I've only played one game and we both made some mistakes but it generally felt pretty balanced to me.  Four of us picked it up at my store and we all bought a bunch of boosters and gave the cards of our respective alliance to each other.  I've got a large stack of chaos cards to sort through to customize my deck now!

• Like 1

If at all possible I’m going for an all Khorne themed deck and removing any elements of Tzeentch. If I can get Archaon as a warrior wizard I’ll be in top shape for that, but for now I’m having to rely on 1 Tzeentch card as a wizard. 

• Like 1

I've picked up Order, however I can well see myself generally collecting and building multiples. I think it will really come into its own as they add more factions into the game and let you go wild with theme lists! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gash Bauer said:

I've picked up the Chaos and Death decks, however I think the one I'll play the most is Chaos.  I really like the card scanning ability for the app as well, makes me really happy I won't have to pay for the same cards twice like the Magic games.  

I've only played one game and we both made some mistakes but it generally felt pretty balanced to me.  Four of us picked it up at my store and we all bought a bunch of boosters and gave the cards of our respective alliance to each other.  I've got a large stack of chaos cards to sort through to customize my deck now!

I planned to pick some boosters up from store today buy forgot!! Gah! Really wanna get neferata and more vampires.

1 hour ago, Ravinsild said:

If at all possible I’m going for an all Khorne themed deck and removing any elements of Tzeentch. If I can get Archaon as a warrior wizard I’ll be in top shape for that, but for now I’m having to rely on 1 Tzeentch card as a wizard. 

That sounds cool, having a god themed deck would be fun! I'll probably do a chaos one if I end up pulling valkia or archaon XD love the idea of both of them enough to start a deck.

Not sure when I'll get any games in though. Need to see if anyone's planning to play down my club!

currently I have one deck for each grand alliance (since you get cards from all factions from booster)

my decks are

order: idoneth (aelf)

death: risen/spirit

destruction: orruks

chaos: mixed khorne/tzeentch

I bought 2 displays, so I have options for more decks, will try them out later (can't wait for the app to launch for everyone)

Edited by tea_wild_owl

Deckbuilding is quite enjoyable for me in this game so i built decks for

vampire deck with Queen and Vampire Lord plus Hell Knight and Wight King

Ghoul Deck with Ghoul King, 2x Crypt Haunter and Varghulf

Stormcast Deck with Vorrus Starstrike, Vandus Hammerhand, Liberator Prime and Knight Heraldor

Idoneth Deck with Soulrender, Lotann, Lord Veritant and Lord Kastellant

Spellcaster Deck with Gaunt Summoner, Lord of Change, Horror and Chaos Champion

Archaon Deck with Archaon, Gaunt Summoner, 2x Chaos Champion

Destruction Decks with Loud-Mouthed Warboss, Warboss Recruiter, Stinkmullet and Ork Boss

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tea_wild_owl said:

I bought 2 displays, so I have options for more decks, will try them out later (can't wait for the app to launch for everyone)

I'm thinking of doing a big booster order from element games or something after work today. And definitely can't wait for the app to launch properly!!

1 hour ago, the_prophecy said:

vampire deck with Queen and Vampire Lord plus Hell Knight and Wight King

Ghoul Deck with Ghoul King, 2x Crypt Haunter and Varghulf

Stormcast Deck with Vorrus Starstrike, Vandus Hammerhand, Liberator Prime and Knight Heraldor

Idoneth Deck with Soulrender, Lotann, Lord Veritant and Lord Kastellant

Destruction Decks with Loud-Mouthed Warboss, Warboss Recruiter, Stinkmullet and Ork Boss

Do the different decks of one grand alliance play particularly differently? E.g. ghoul & vampire ones? Or is it a basic playstyle for each alliance and then just the different subfactions within that just have different cards that do similar things?

1 minute ago, Lightbox said:

I'm thinking of doing a big booster order from element games or something after work today. And definitely can't wait for the app to launch properly!!

Do the different decks of one grand alliance play particularly differently? E.g. ghoul & vampire ones? Or is it a basic playstyle for each alliance and then just the different subfactions within that just have different cards that do similar things?

the playstile is different. With ghouls you have a lot of healing abilities with vampires you a have more spells and removls effects. With Rise/Spirits you can bring lots of units back and can use stacking abilities and/or damage reduction. So even with this first edition you hav lots of different concepts to play with even within the factions

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, the_prophecy said:

the playstile is different. With ghouls you have a lot of healing abilities with vampires you a have more spells and removls effects. With Rise/Spirits you can bring lots of units back and can use stacking abilities and/or damage reduction. So even with this first edition you hav lots of different concepts to play with even within the factions

Ooh nice. That's good to hear.

I'll need to make sure to check the app too to see what subfactions are actually available, help me work out what extra alleigances I may want to spin off into ;)

2 hours ago, the_prophecy said:

Might I ask how these play? I have the Gaunt Summoner off a lucky pull and I'm dying for Archaon, I've only played one game and I really liked my Chaos, so I'm trying to get a feel for how Chaos should generally operate.

21 hours ago, Gash Bauer said:

Might I ask how these play? I have the Gaunt Summoner off a lucky pull and I'm dying for Archaon, I've only played one game and I really liked my Chaos, so I'm trying to get a feel for how Chaos should generally operate.

hm the Spellcaster Deck is a just for fun deck not really competitive at the moment, the Archaon Deck is quite nice, obviously it depents alot on removal effects to get the most out of archaons ability. Also using tactical formation ability to move him around and so on. the gaunt summoner should use his ability to bring daemons back like capricious flamer or bloodletters or whatever you want to use.

not really tried it out enough yet but i think it has potential

• Like 1

I have destruction and chaos, but probably have enough cards from the other two to make a deck.  

Destruction seems pretty strong so have been focussing on chaos and trying to make a spell heavy deck based around boosting spells and making good use of summon daemon

Edit: that archaon, gaunt summoner and two champions is the same as the hero line up I've done!

Edited by BobbyB

Awesome thanks guys, I'll definitely keep going with my plan for Archaon!  As an additional, I managed to pull Nagash yesterday.  Looks like I'm actually editing the death deck I have now for risen cards!

• Like 1

Think I'm gonna pick up a chaos deck and some boosters soon. That way I'll have a second deck for people to play with too if I want to try and get people to try the game ;) also I'm too impatient waiting for the app... Gah!

I'm going destruction and was super lucky to get Godrak in my first booster!  So far I've had moderate success with the big G and three other warrior cards dropping the spell-casting completely.  That will probably change as more people get into the game and the meta game develops.

• Like 1

Mostly Chaos.  It's scratching my itch to collect Tzeentch until I catch up with my Beasts of Chaos. If duardin are ever introduced, I'll probably test out Order too.