Chaos - Battle of TGA

Ben

• Ben unlocked this topic

So I think this is a fantastic idea and I might kick this off in the hopes of generating some interest.

Edit: seems like some people don't know what this is all about, abridged version is that people on these forums collaborate to come up with the "best" 2000 point list for each grand alliance, then we play those against one another to determine who is the best.

Please see this post by Ben in the discussion forum for more info:

My play experience has been entirely blades of khorne and I've gone up against tzeentch and nurgle a fair amount.

Seeing as we are using the GA chaos allegiance abilities, I think we should focus around abilities that proc from 6+ to hit.

As far as I know, that's bloodletters, skyfires and blightkings.

Bloodletters are battleline, so not a bad choice. Maybe a unit or 2 of 30 supported by an aspiring deathbringer to get extra attacks

Ranged mortal wounds with skyfires is probably a good buy. Joined by a shaman and they have an automatic +1 to hit, he's also a wizard that can cap objectives if the battle plan requires it.

Blightkings might be risky if they kill friendlies.

Maybe including sayl and some StD units to get some deep striking shenanigans?

Thoughts?

19 hours ago, Retro said:

Seeing as we are using the GA chaos allegiance abilities, I think we should focus around abilities that proc from 6+ to hit.

Daemonettes also do (extra attack on a 6+, and on a 5+ with 20 or more models), and they may be better than Bloodletters without allegiance abilities as they're much faster, have 2 attacks all the time, are cheaper, have a smaller base size (so twice as many get in), and are weirdly more defensive as the opponent rerolls 6s to hit them if a Slaanesh daemon hero is nearby. 

It's a fun concept, but it's unrealistic that we will be able to agree on a best list; we can't even do that in our own individual factions. I think it's likely that the most competitive list is going to be basically a single faction with maybe a sprinkling of other bits. That's why the list I posted, above, is an Allegiance: Chaos list run by Archaon, activating all the nurgle mortals. I think it's probably stronger than a hodge-podge. Skreech has the right idea. He picked a list that's entirely skaven and with tons of bodies.

• 3 months later...
On 9/1/2018 at 1:14 AM, Retro said:

So I think this is a fantastic idea and I might kick this off in the hopes of generating some interest.

Edit: seems like some people don't know what this is all about, abridged version is that people on these forums collaborate to come up with the "best" 2000 point list for each grand alliance, then we play those against one another to determine who is the best.

Please see this post by Ben in the discussion forum for more info:

My play experience has been entirely blades of khorne and I've gone up against tzeentch and nurgle a fair amount.

Bloodletters are battleline, so not a bad choice. Maybe a unit or 2 of 30 supported by an aspiring deathbringer to get extra attacks

Ranged mortal wounds with skyfires is probably a good buy. Joined by a shaman and they have an automatic +1 to hit, he's also a wizard that can cap objectives if the battle plan requires it.

Blightkings might be risky if they kill friendlies.

Maybe including sayl and some StD units to get some deep striking shenanigans?

Thoughts?

Verminlord Corruptor with Sword of Judgement also works well in mixed chaos thanks to the +hit

• Ben unpinned this topic

Archived